Dont like the new update

scuba_one

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to reverse the new windows 10 anniversary update back to the previous version? I loved the kids corner.

Last edited:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to reverse the new windows 20 anniversary update back to the previous version? I loved the kids corner.

You've to use WDR Tool to go back to 8.1 Not 10586.xxx .

Kids corner isn't necessary. That's why you've to use Apps Corner.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've tried to get into the apps corner, none of the apps will work and my son can't open it on his own

kids corner is gone, even if you used windows device recovery too, it would take you to a version that is very outdated and when you do an update, you'll be back to AU

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You've to use WDR Tool to go back to 8.1 Not 10586.xxx .

Kids corner isn't necessary. That's why you've to use Apps Corner.

Actually if you flash back to Wp 8.1 and update to threshold you still have kids corner - then you have to update AU. That is how i had to update my L930. Kids corner is still in threshold, not AU. I am not sure about the L950 images however, OP may need to use a previous image. However given that WM10 auto downloads updates, it won't be long until you're on AU again.

Secondly and most importantly those who actually use that function will wholeheartedly disagree.

Kids corner is freaking awesome, I can give my phone to one of my little nephews or nieces when asked and not worry about them doing anything silly with my phone. Believe you me, kids are smart - lay some ground rules, explain and they listen - key is the tone of voice (cheery, rewarding not boring and monotone). For instance every time I hand him my phone, I say you can use this, play this and to go from here, press here and here. That's it, when they are done playing they just give my phone back to me. Then we just play board games instead.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
do people not realize that (being in a 950 board) that there no way to go back to 8.1 on a 950 since it never had 8.1?

TechADD

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I had kids corner show up today on my home screen, I have a 950 on the fast ring. I updated today to 915.1000. This has happened before, it disappears for a while then comes back. I can turn it on add apps then launch it, but it won't save the settings and I have to add apps each time I open it.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I had kids corner show up today on my home screen, I have a 950 on the fast ring. I updated today to 915.1000. This has happened before, it disappears for a while then comes back. I can turn it on add apps then launch it, but it won't save the settings and I have to add apps each time I open it.

did you recover from a previous device and have it pinned? Or just pinned it before it was taken away?

scuba_one

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Well then, if the problems are not fixable I will get ride of the complete problem and go look at galaxy s7 tomorrow and hope that I would have a hard time learn it. I miss the ease of the window 8 phones, but will not miss the pain in the a$$ windows 10 problems. Thanks and have a good time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss