Why wasn't my home screen in place when I started?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I got a Lumia 950. So far, its OK, but there have been some odd things. I've been using a Windows Phone since WP 7. When I started this up at my local AT&T store I was honestly confused to find there was no Home screen. All I got was the full list of apps. It took the helpful AT&T sales rep and I half and hour to figure out that we needed to add something to the Home page for it to show up.

But why wasn't if there to begin with?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I got a Lumia 950. So far, its OK, but there have been some odd things. I've been using a Windows Phone since WP 7. When I started this up at my local AT&T store I was honestly confused to find there was no Home screen. All I got was the full list of apps. It took the helpful AT&T sales rep and I half and hour to figure out that we needed to add something to the Home page for it to show up.

But why wasn't if there to begin with?

it might have needed to be updated first and then some apps would have appeared in the start screen
Alternatively, you can pin the apps to start screen - it wouldn't take long

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
did you initially set it up or did AT&T? was it in a sealed box, or did you/the rep open it in view?

Even on a clean boot without restoring, there should have been a homescreen populated by default. I would have done a hard reset 1st, just to be on the safe side.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a random, offly strange software glitch. I've never heard of anyone having such an issue out of the box. Is everything working, now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo