My Lumia 950 display is cracked and the display is not working. Is there any way to unlock the phone and access photos on my PC?
    09-25-2016 04:53 PM
    Dropped my Lumia 950 last night and shattered the glass. Now the display is not working but the phone is on. Is there any way to access photos on my PC if the phone is still locked? I'm probably going to do an insurance replacement but would like to back up some photos before sending this one back.

Thanks.
    09-25-2016 04:59 PM
    My Lumia 950 display is cracked and the display is not working. Is there any way to unlock the phone and access photos on my PC?
    Is Windows Hello turned on?

If so, you will be able to unlock the phone to access the photos via your PC - as you need to unlock your phone to be able to access the files and back up manually.

I have also merged the threads in order avoid double posts.
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    09-25-2016 05:19 PM
    No unfortunately Windows Hello was turned off.
    09-25-2016 05:26 PM
    Do you use one drive? If you do then all your pictures should be saved in the cloud.
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    09-26-2016 05:35 AM
    Sadly I thought the 'Find My Phone' website for Windows devices would be able to unlock your device.
    Unfortunately it only does Ring, Lock, Erase options.

Look like the backup and OneDrive is your only save and grace.
    Might be able to do it via the Windows Phone Interop Tools - never tried myself...

** Remote unlock would be a nice option via Find My Phone, will post it in Feedback Hub **
    JohnStrk and abhishek singh21 like this.
    09-26-2016 07:27 AM
    Do you use one drive? If you do then all your pictures should be saved in the cloud.
    I do use it but not that often and had photo sync turned off. I usually backup photos to my PC often.
    09-26-2016 09:39 PM
    Sadly I thought the 'Find My Phone' website for Windows devices would be able to unlock your device.
    Unfortunately it only does Ring, Lock, Erase options.

Look like the backup and OneDrive is your only save and grace.
    Might be able to do it via the Windows Phone Interop Tools - never tried myself...

** Remote unlock would be a nice option via Find My Phone, will post it in Feedback Hub **
    I tried the Project My Screen App on my PC tonight but can't get the unlock PIN screen to come up. I might try a USB OTG adapter with a keyboard and see if that works.

Remote unlock would be great. The phone is plugged into my PC and I logged into my MS account and it couldn't even find my phone using Find My Phone!
    09-26-2016 09:41 PM
    Find My Phone does appear to be running slower than before.
    They mave have moved it onto Office 365 infrastructure and still having some issues.
    It does eventually email and say its found your phone but when you click through the email it still takes an age to pinpoint it on the map..

I hope you find a workaround for the screen and PIN. Friend of mine bought a 550, had it for about a week or two and cracked the screen - its never a good moment!!
    JohnStrk likes this.
    09-27-2016 10:06 AM
    If you connect your phone to a PC via USB, can you access the folders? I don't lock mine, so I'm unsure if you have to unlock it first.
    09-27-2016 12:51 PM
    If your phone is locked, you'll have to unlocked it to allow the USB connection to see what is on the phone.
    JohnStrk likes this.
    09-27-2016 01:15 PM
    I think the USB OTG with a keyboard is the way to go. Please let us know if that works for you.
    09-27-2016 02:39 PM
    If you connect your phone to a PC via USB, can you access the folders? I don't lock mine, so I'm unsure if you have to unlock it first.
    No since the phone is locked all I see is an empty folder.
    09-27-2016 03:58 PM
    I think the USB OTG with a keyboard is the way to go. Please let us know if that works for you.
    Thanks. I'm going to try and find one at a local store. Best Buy did not have them for some reason. If not I have to order one online. Hopefully that will work. The Project My Screen app on my PC should work but I'm typing blind on the phone display so I couldn't get that to work.
    09-27-2016 04:00 PM
    Does anyone know if the MS Display Dock can be used to unlock the phone without user interaction on the phone's display or turning on Continuum?

I'm going to stop by the MS store this weekend and see if I can try and use their demo Display Dock and unlock my phone.
    09-28-2016 12:23 PM