Lumia 950 (AT&T version) & Bluetooth & Maps

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody else had luck successfully using their lumia 950 to navigate while connected to a bluetooth device? Everytime I try to do this my application freezes. I believe it has something to do with Cortana not handling the exchange properly. Anyhow, the screen stays at "Here we go".. it never updates or changes. Also, it stops tracking my location. I usually have to hard reset the phone, or at least shut off bluetooth (if it doesn't freeze the phone while trying this) and also try to close the maps program.
I want to know if maybe my device sucks or not.
I have about had it with this device. I have been on Windows mobile for about 3 years now (2 years with lumia 928, and now a year with 950). The map issue has been happening since maybe january/february. I don't even remember it ever really working to be honest. I could deal with the app gap, which is a real thing (despite what "they" keep saying). Every update and/or firmware update I am hopeful that the maps will be fixed, but I am always disappointed. I have submitted feedback, so I know I am not alone. Anyhow... I am pretty frustrated here and maybe somebody has a few tricks I can try?
Thanks!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had the issue, but I also rarely use turn by turn directions.when I have used it, it worked though.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I would be greatly appreciative of anybody who tries this today/tomorrow and posts their results.
1. make sure you are connected via bluetooth to something (car, or handsfree device)
2. Launch maps and get directions.
3. Observe what happens. Does it stay on "Here we go"? Does it work perfectly?

Thanks!

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Seems to work fine for me. AT&T, up to date, connected to BT on a 2012 Honda CRV. No freezing of maps app and I get voice directions. Sorry to hear it's not working well for you. Usual advice would be a hard reset or wdrt.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine is not an ATT variant, but I was doing it all weekend. Phone was connected to car via BT, and I was getting directions and navigating by phone, because I haven't yet learned how to use the ginormous Nav screen in the car.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have had this phone for a while. I have reinstalled everything from scratch (several times). I am going to call ATT and see about getting a replacement.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the non-ATT 950 DS, but running on the ATT network. No issues for me with nav and bluetooth. I think a replacement is in order for you.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried the replacement phone. Still failing to work properly. They gave me the option of using a Go phone for a few weeks while I send the phone in to be repaired. I am going to take it to the Microsoft store instead.

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anybody else had luck successfully using their lumia 950 to navigate while connected to a bluetooth device? Everytime I try to do this my application freezes. I believe it has something to do with Cortana not handling the exchange properly. Anyhow, the screen stays at "Here we go".. it never updates or changes. Also, it stops tracking my location. I usually have to hard reset the phone, or at least shut off bluetooth (if it doesn't freeze the phone while trying this) and also try to close the maps program.
I want to know if maybe my device sucks or not.
I have about had it with this device. I have been on Windows mobile for about 3 years now (2 years with lumia 928, and now a year with 950). The map issue has been happening since maybe january/february. I don't even remember it ever really working to be honest. I could deal with the app gap, which is a real thing (despite what "they" keep saying). Every update and/or firmware update I am hopeful that the maps will be fixed, but I am always disappointed. I have submitted feedback, so I know I am not alone. Anyhow... I am pretty frustrated here and maybe somebody has a few tricks I can try?
Thanks!

Not alone, my ATT 950 does the same thing, I know this is an old thread, but if you ever found a fix i'd like to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05