Windows 10 Mobile SMS thread length limit?

QuietNine

May 16, 2014
Visit site
So yesterday I encountered a weird issue... normally, when texting, as soon as you type something the "send" button lights up with your theme color so you send the text. Sometimes theres a little lag with the light up, maybe you have to close the keyboard, but eventually it lights up.

Today, when trying to send a message to my significant other, button would not light up. I could type but not send anything. No other contact had this issue, I could write/send a message to anyone else.

Rebooting would not fix this. Eventually I made a new thread (click +, select her name, type something and send) and that worked. Now I have two different text threads to her. Only the new one receives texts from her, and the old one still doesn't send or receive.

Has anyone else had / resolved this issue? Is this some sort of intentional thread length limit or is this a bug?

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Interesting... I haven't seen that happen yet.

How about some details, such as your device, build. That's always a good start

QuietNine

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 950
At&t
Windows 10M 1607
Build 10.0.14393.189

This limit has only occurred with my wife's text messaging thread, which understandably, is far and away the longest thread (probably 2 years of daily texts since it imported stuff from previous Lumia when I got the 950).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo