Can't update from new

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 950 arrived earlier this week, but with shift work and the wife about, I haven't had too much time to work with it, out of the box it works well, but I am stuck on updates, no problem with the apps, but when I try to get to 189 it gets to 100% and then says there were problems and gives me (0x800f081f).

Tried a hard reset but get the same.

Any quick fixes so I can get it sorted tomorrow while the wife is out, I still have two weeks to her birthday so it's not a panic yet, but would really like to get this sorted without having to get onto MS and the returns route.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Was thinking about that for the morning, cheers for the suggestion.

Keep them coming though, really want to get this sorted and played with this weekend before it goes back in the box for later on in the month.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
WDRT was the boy for the job.

Took two goes but I am now fully sorted with just the jump up to Preview release on Insiders to go.

Size compared to the XL is not that far away, so far phone seems fast, Continuum looks good on it. I am pleased with it, I guess she will prefer some new shoes.......................

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
WDRT was the boy for the job.

Took two goes but I am now fully sorted with just the jump up to Preview release on Insiders to go.

Size compared to the XL is not that far away, so far phone seems fast, Continuum looks good on it. I am pleased with it, I guess she will prefer some new shoes.......................
Glad you got it sorted out and I hope she enjoys using it. New shoes are overrated ;)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
XL, have to say I am very impressed with the 950 now it's all up and running.

I intend to put up a post comparing the 830, 1520, 950 and 950 XL when I have a spare 10 minutes.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Indeed, at launch the OS wasn't ready but since Anniversary Update it's been great,best investment is to get 950 no doubt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99