Skype preview, Inconsistent notification from Skype IM and SMS IM

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes I'm on the fast ring, yes I'm running skype preview I'm well aware these are buggy i'm simply asking a few questions and trying to get some feedback on this issue. I've posted about this in the official skype forums and have not heard an answer.

So is anyone else on either fast ring or regular release seeing that the Skype preview program is very inconsistent with it's notifications? Some days I'll get the audible alerts, lock screen notice and action center notice just fine. Some days I'll get nothing and miss tons of skype and SMS texts and won't see anything unless I manually open up the skype app. I have setup Skype to be my default SMS program since I really do want all IM's in one place

I've unsintalled and reinstalled skype preview, and turned on and off the notification@alerts for skype preview in the settings.

I'm Mainly asking to see if people are seeing this on fast ring or non fast ring and if anyone has found a reliable way to fix/work around it.

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I have no solution but have seen similar inconsistencies, to the extent that I reverted back to the Messaging app for SMS.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
The word Preview suggests working progress. Skype might have background data disabled or there is simply no data reception at time of person sending you the message, then the syncing will take place eventually.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The word Preview suggests working progress. Skype might have background data disabled or there is simply no data reception at time of person sending you the message, then the syncing will take place eventually.

Yea no, I can go a whole day without getting any notices with good data connection on Skype or the SMS portion, and I'm well aware of the preview status of the program like I said in my post.

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I was on the Skype Preview (production build OS) for a couple weeks but then had to drop it due to how buggy it was.

My main issues were conversations disappearing, SMS messages not sending, and how slow the app is overall (the "connecting..." notification drove me absolutely nuts - it moves the entire rest of the app down and then back up when it connects???? how in the world did they screw that up so badly????).

I really want this app to get cleaned up. When it actually worked it was pretty nice. I get that it's clearly a preview but there's no other Skype app available, and this one is borderline usable at best.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I was on the Skype Preview (production build OS) for a couple weeks but then had to drop it due to how buggy it was.

My main issues were conversations disappearing, SMS messages not sending, and how slow the app is overall (the "connecting..." notification drove me absolutely nuts - it moves the entire rest of the app down and then back up when it connects???? how in the world did they screw that up so badly????).

I really want this app to get cleaned up. When it actually worked it was pretty nice. I get that it's clearly a preview but there's no other Skype app available, and this one is borderline usable at best.

Yea in reality I liked it the other way when the messaging app showed SMS and Skype and you had inline replies. My main thing I just want one place to look and inline replies on the action center notification and reliable notifications.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes I'm on the fast ring, yes I'm running skype preview I'm well aware these are buggy i'm simply asking a few questions and trying to get some feedback on this issue. I've posted about this in the official skype forums and have not heard an answer.

So is anyone else on either fast ring or regular release seeing that the Skype preview program is very inconsistent with it's notifications? Some days I'll get the audible alerts, lock screen notice and action center notice just fine. Some days I'll get nothing and miss tons of skype and SMS texts and won't see anything unless I manually open up the skype app. I have setup Skype to be my default SMS program since I really do want all IM's in one place

I've unsintalled and reinstalled skype preview, and turned on and off the notification@alerts for skype preview in the settings.

I'm Mainly asking to see if people are seeing this on fast ring or non fast ring and if anyone has found a reliable way to fix/work around it.

Yep, same here. The only thing that I have found that helps is to change Skype Preview from Windows Managed to Always Allowed in Background. It helps a little bit, but still have some inconsistencies. I think it's really an issue with the app itself, I've sent feedback about it. Hopefully they fix it.

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep, same here. The only thing that I have found that helps is to change Skype Preview from Windows Managed to Always Allowed in Background. It helps a little bit, but still have some inconsistencies. I think it's really an issue with the app itself, I've sent feedback about it. Hopefully they fix it.

where is that setting on windows mobile?

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
where is that setting on windows mobile?

Settings->System->Battery->Battery usage by app->Find Skype Preview and select it->Change radio button from Windows Managed to Always allowed

You can also get to it from the Privacy menu (actually this only lets you turn background apps on or off so battery usage by app is the best way), but I always use the Battery Usage by App option. Hope that helps :)

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Settings->System->Battery->Battery usage by app->Find Skype Preview and select it->Change radio button from Windows Managed to Always allowed

You can also get to it from the Privacy menu (actually this only lets you turn background apps on or off so battery usage by app is the best way), but I always use the Battery Usage by App option. Hope that helps :)

cool thanks I've changed it to always allow, one place I never checked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro