Do you use a screen protector with your 950?

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have one. I don't know if it would get scratched or not, but when I bought mine, it had a cracked screen. I replaced it with a brand new authentic MS part, and I couldn't bear the idea of seeing it get nicked, so I put one on.

I have had a few drops, but I have an Incipio case and a glass screen protector, and it has seen me through.

rusty502

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Mr. Shields tempered glass .....they fit and work great on my 950 (not worth a hoot on 950XL) and may have saved my screen once....was in woods, tripped and fell on some big rocks with phone in my front pocket, when I got home I noticed screen protector was cracked....the Mr. Shields come 2 to a pack and have a lifetime warranty, I sent them an email and told them that I had broken one....3 days later UPS dropped a package containing a new pack of 2....no questions asked....I'm happy....

Sent from mTalk

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Think about when your finished with the phone, you will get more money for a non scratched screen. That's my thinking on it.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Just keep it in it's own pocket away from keys and coins and it should be fine. I never use a screen protector and have never scratched a screen on any of the phones I've had over the years. It puzzles me why people spend so much on beautifully crafted high end phones and then make it ugly by slapping things on it to protect it. Just look after it, it'll be fine... most likely. This probably applies less to Windows users, but I see people with iPhones with ugly cases on them all the time.

mweflen

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
A no from me, too. I can't stand applying them, they always look dirty or bubbly or whatever. I also always keep my phone in its own pocket, keys and wallet in another. I rocked a 1020 naked for 2 years and did not scratch it. With the 950, I use a clear TPU case that gives the screen a bit of a "lip" when placed face down. But the clear case does not detract from the phone's aesthetics (I actually think it looks better on, in fact).

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a tempered glass screen protector on her 950. She has broken it twice. I don't know if it would have broken the screen, but they were inexpensive enough, so I'm calling it a safe bet.

I don't use a screen protector on mine.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have Mr. Shield two pack from Amazon. They have cleaned up their act in the last six months. The first batches were horrible, the latest set went on without any issues. Recommended. For a bit more the Nillkin is a great screen protector as well.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Mr. Shields tempered glass .....they fit and work great on my 950 (not worth a hoot on 950XL) and may have saved my screen once....was in woods, tripped and fell on some big rocks with phone in my front pocket, when I got home I noticed screen protector was cracked....the Mr. Shields come 2 to a pack and have a lifetime warranty, I sent them an email and told them that I had broken one....3 days later UPS dropped a package containing a new pack of 2....no questions asked....I'm happy....

Sent from mTalk

I use the same, and use them on all devices I have (iphones, surface pros, etc.). Same great warranty experience as you. Protector never cracked in use, did have one crack in the packaging when I got it (huge piece of glass for the surface pro 3). I had one drop of my 950 where it landed in the grass and bounced onto some rocks face down, and the screen was fine, only a small nick on the edge of the protector. I will always buy the Mr. Shield protectors for every device I buy as long as they are available. The tempered glass is great, and feels smooth and is easy to clean just like the screen itself.

forumuser3

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I used to never use a screen protector, but I've noticed on a couple of phones with gorilla glass over the past year that they don't scratch, but seem to smudge under the coating on top in places, which can't be cleaned.

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I've always used screen protectors on every smartphone I've owned. The first steps my gf and I take when we get new phones is to order screen protectors and cases. The phones never leave the house before those are on.

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Always get glass screen protector and case for any expensive phone I own.

My recommendation is
Tech21 Evo Check for Lumia 950(no XL)
Tempered glass with some pretty cutouts.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster