Lumia 950: Missing Features

danielheywood

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Here is my question to you, what features would you like seen added to your Lumia phone?

LAN support that is integrated into File Explorer

Extensions (ad block) for Microsoft Edge

Dynamic background colours for icons to keep the same theme

Have access to remove preinstalled applications

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
None of mentioned...
I miss features that were available on WPh 8.1, like Project My Screen over USB cable, Static IP for WiFi connections, FM radio, and apps like Here+, Here Maps...

danielheywood

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
None of mentioned...
I miss features that were available on WPh 8.1, like Project My Screen over USB cable, Static IP for WiFi connections, FM radio, and apps like Here+, Here Maps...

I was never apart of the W8.1M so I'm not sure of the differences between W10M

The suggestions I made were the features I would have like onto the Lumia phone, I was just curious what other people wanted

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Well, I mentioned mine...

It is very sad to watch how is MS dropping good features and apps that existed in previous OS versions. For me that is enough to get an android phone. In spite of, in my opinion, android being synonym for chaos, it will be much less painful to get used to it than to stay with W10M and see it regress instead of progress.

Jimmy Banksss

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I was there for W8.1m and W10 is the better OS hands down.

The loss of an FM radio does not make it inferior. Actually I may have abandoned Windows Mobile, had W10M not been around the corner! It improved on the in built browser, the interface became much more intuitive and modern.

An FM Radio can be added back in the future, but just like on PC Windows 10 is definitely much better than previous OSs. Just because you are not entirely happy, does not make the other OSs comparable.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ and just because you are happy with W10M doesn't mean it's better than WP8.1 either.

W10M is a mixed bag. There are areas where W10M is objectively worse, like UI consistency, performance and stability, and there are areas where it's objectively better, like UI information density or the rate at which the OS is updated.

There are some areas which are largely just subjective opinion. For example, you think the UI is more intuitive and modern. I think the W10M UI is an innovation free Android look-a-like that is less efficient to use and far less fluid than its predecessors.

I think both favorable and unfavorable views are valid. It depends on what each of us values in a phone and how we use them.

Last edited:

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I was there for W8.1m and W10 is the better OS hands down.

The loss of an FM radio does not make it inferior....

But loss of "Project My Screen over USB cable", "Static IP for WiFi connections", and "Here+/ Here Maps" definitely does make it inferior, IMHO of course.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I really miss from the L920 is gestures - flip to silent/speaker seems like a basic feature that all phones should have, but being able to answer without touching any buttons was really awesome - I guess its hard to explain if you never use this feature, but I found it really useful.

sidtek50

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I think we REALLY need 'night mode' like the iPhone has. I find the Lumia 950 screen to be quite bright even if turned down.

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I think you can still use Project my Screen, it worked last time I tried it on W10M anyway.

I'm fine with the Microsoft Maps app personally, but Here+ is more of an app issue if anything now, Microsoft don't own it so it can't ever be a missing "feature" just a missing App

Sent from Microsoft Band

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I cannot use Project my Screen over USB on my L950.
For Here+ i stated "and apps like Here+, Here Maps...", so no need to mix them with features...

Btw, Google and Apple also don't own Here Navigation but their phones can still use this (for me the best) navigation...

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
You can actually still do that with Windows 10 mobile - done it with my Lumia 640 XL upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile quite a few times. I've just tried it with my 950 and it worked (there was some strange behaviour of the tiles on the start screen at beginning, but then it worked normally).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss