11-07-2016 03:31 PM
47 12
tools
    Well this post started out great, then went downhill from there.... geez

Anyways, I've had similar issues as you Player Piano but not exactly with screen freezing. I'll get calls but they won't show up so I don't even know they called until the 3rd time they call it will actually show up and I can answer. Seems like some weird things are present. Hopefully the soft resets you did work and you don't get the issue again
    Player Piano likes this.
    10-20-2016 04:21 PM
    "Move on", "This guy", "He insists", I came here to help as here this community do, to suggest a best solution and how to do it properly if there is need for it, suggested to do so if the problem is serious and does not go away after soft reset, Insider or not after couple of updates and backups, system slows down and adds errors.
    Now I see I really wasted my time, on some kind of person that does not appreciate a thing, no comment. Goodluck, with that attitude, I hope at least it makes you feel good.
    Take it easy guy. Please read the first post. I am not looking for a solution.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-20-2016 05:21 PM
    Well this post started out great, then went downhill from there.... geez

Anyways, I've had similar issues as you Player Piano but not exactly with screen freezing. I'll get calls but they won't show up so I don't even know they called until the 3rd time they call it will actually show up and I can answer. Seems like some weird things are present. Hopefully the soft resets you did work and you don't get the issue again
    I have only experienced each problem 1 time. I was merely trying to assess the situation. Soft resets have solved it for me for the time being.
    10-20-2016 05:23 PM
    I see yet another bug: the Messenger live tile seems to be frozen, it always shows 1 unread message for more than one day now, although there has been no message at all and I read the last one right after I received it.
    10-21-2016 05:17 AM
    I see yet another bug: the Messenger live tile seems to be frozen, it always shows 1 unread message for more than one day now, although there has been no message at all and I read the last one right after I received it.
    I noticed this too. I think what we really need is an update to that app. That alone would make my day/week.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-21-2016 10:25 AM
    Mostly it is not a build problem, not much about it on Feedback either. Messenger issues are common to any builds due to backups and syncing after numerous build updates and files overwriting. Did not encountered this myself and any other issues mentioned in this thread on .321 build.

There is a new Production Build out .351, try a clean slate on a new version. As of right now, no mentioned issues so far on new build.
    10-21-2016 10:56 AM
    Mostly it is not a build problem, not much about it on Feedback either. Messenger issues are common to any builds due to backups and syncing after numerous build updates and files overwriting. Did not encountered this myself and any other issues mentioned in this thread on .321 build.

There is a new Production Build out .351, try a clean slate on a new version. As of right now, no mentioned issues so far on new build.
    Thanks I reinstalled the app
    10-21-2016 11:27 AM
    Thanks I reinstalled the app
    Problem solved?
    10-21-2016 04:05 PM
    Ok but should the average user need to do all of that to get the phone running as it should from installing an update?
    10-24-2016 07:59 AM
    I reverted my L950 back from newest Fast Insider build 14936.1000 to Production build .321,

On L950 with Production build .321 and the newest 01078.00053.16236.xxxxx firmware which is already months old, Phone is incredibly stable, smooth, and fast, not a single crash or reboot, phone just works.

There is only thing I can recommend, when you start to notice instability, problems, save all important files and etc. to a SD card or PC and then, do a full reset.

No.1 Reset phone with WDRT to its original state, do not, DO NOT backup anything.
    No.2 Update phone to a newest build "which you like" and do Hard Reset on that build, so it completely deletes everything from the past, bugs, previous builds files, and again, most importantly do not backup anything.
    No.3 Setup your phone from scratch, re-download all the apps, it will do it automatically from your MS store accounts library, contacts will be restored after signing in with your account and syncing emails. Only you need to do, takes 1 to 2 hours, change phones settings to your liking, Glance, networks, touch, Main Screen and such and then restore files, photos, music and etc. that you backuped "manually" by storing them on SD card or PC. I know it is annoying to do it again, and remember how to setup everything back, but you will do it better this time. You will be surprised how well phone will perform.
    All the bugs have been squashed after a hard reset followed by a fresh installation of apps. Literally "0" bugs in production build.

Only thing that has changed is, battery life, which has gone down a bit. And when gaming, battery drain is much quicker than before.
    10-24-2016 08:35 AM
    All the bugs have been squashed after a hard reset followed by a fresh installation of apps. Literally "0" bugs in production build.

Only thing that has changed is, battery life, which has gone down a bit. And when gaming, battery drain is much quicker than before.
    Please test this:
    Turn on mobile hotspot
    Use another device over the hotspot
    Turn off mobile hotspot
    Check if your data connection works on your phone
    If it doesnt, workaround is to toggle on/off data connection

Thanks
    10-24-2016 08:54 AM
    WiFi Problems : yes just today i've found that my 950 suddenly refused to connect to my work wifi (which worked without problems during the past months).
    I'm on 14393.321 and firmware 16236.35004

Also Glance screen was unstable during the past 2 days (calendar appointments were stuck on a single appointment that i had the past week).

Sharing an album from OneDrive is also impossible (OD app crashes).

seems like something changed because it was very stable until few days ago...
    10-25-2016 08:11 AM
    This build is definitely degrading.

Now Messaging is acting very weird. Sometimes keyboard won't load, message won't send, and/or just loads a blank screen. And yes, I did two hard resets when initially installing.

This is crap. AU is not new software yet loaded with bugs. The B team of Dona and friends stink.
    10-25-2016 08:24 AM
    Problem solved?
    Yes, it seems so but I'm not a big user of Messenger
    10-25-2016 10:54 AM
    I have a L950.
    I have the "non waking up glance screen" for the 2 last builds. I have done a hard reset which solved some of my phone's big issues and several soft resets, every day when the aforementioned problem occurs. I lose money every time I make a call than isn't answered and I can't hang up the phone, before redirecting to the voice mail. Power button pushed or not, double tap on or off, auto brightness on or off.
    The hard reset solved the overheating during wifi internet browsing. Battery drain during browsing is still terrible.
    I've also the zoom in problem, in the camera roll app.

If it wasn't for the great camera (with the known issue of horrible oversaturated yellow / aqua sky problem, witch randomly appears with no reason), I'd thrown the d@mn thing off the window.

My previous phone was a Meizu M2 Note. A little gem in terms of build quality, super screen, rom stability (no bugs or overheating) and battery life. The problem was the camera.

That's why I bought a L950. And for the so called trouble free OS experience
    And turned out to be a rotten egg. Every update deals with some but reveals more bugs.
    Msoft F*** up.

I don't want to become a phone technician in order to have a normally working phone. I got no time for troubleshooting.
    My friends' 640/xl phones are working like a charm...
    Last edited by natna; 10-26-2016 at 03:54 PM.
    10-26-2016 02:59 PM
    and like I said, I have amazing experience with W10M and L950.
    Cigar time...
    10-30-2016 01:04 PM
    Cigar time...
    It is true, an amazing experience... Oh, and yes indeed, I do have a cigar time from time to time.
    11-03-2016 11:02 AM
    This build is definitely degrading.

Now Messaging is acting very weird. Sometimes keyboard won't load, message won't send, and/or just loads a blank screen. And yes, I did two hard resets when initially installing.

This is crap. AU is not new software yet loaded with bugs. The B team of Dona and friends stink.
    Yes, this might be the worst build yet. I keep discovering more and more bugs that I haven't experienced since phone launch.
    11-06-2016 01:21 PM
    From day first, it works great in term of battery backup,, but later it gradually decreases the battery backup. It decrease 15% while I turn on battery saver only during lock screen till next morning.

On battery saver mode, WhatsApp shows the notification which is not working as I configured my notification settings.
    11-06-2016 02:04 PM
    we might get an update tomorrow?
    11-07-2016 12:41 PM
    we might get an update tomorrow?
    Today is Tuesday Patch Day 😉 (ist time zone)
    11-07-2016 01:31 PM
    If we do get an update, I just hope they don't break anything ;) 14959 is the best build I have run to date. There is something funny going on where the screen very occasionally blanks after taking a photo but other than that, I'm quite pleased. I have a Nexus 5X that I love and bought the 950 to experiment with a good quality Windows phone. And I have to say that I'm using it as my daily driver right now. I love the SD card, removable battery and wireless charging.

Paul
    11-07-2016 03:31 PM
47 12