Production Build .321 ? New (??) Bugs Found ? Anyone Else?

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Then, probably you are doing something wrong, factory reset alone most of the times does nothing.

I saw your post so I tried by best with suggestion, a recommendation, what to do, and most importantly how to do it, because it always works, and like I said, I have amazing experience with W10M and L950. It is known that most of the issues comes from endless backups, and unclean memory left with leftovers.

I have used all the OS'es and still, over the years, I had the least problems on Microsoft, and if there was a slight issue, "that I caused myself", it was always easily fixable.

A lot of people complain about some things that i and other have never encountered and visa versa. There are people that has no issues , but there are that has only but issues, in my experience, it all comes down to a user, in everything, or maybe it is luck.

Can't find a good post made by RumoredNow about resets, but here is some:
Oh God, please forget that I started this thread and move on to the next.

mtbmike24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No more resets for this guy. Next step will be new phone, new OS.
I have to agree its getting a little old. While the hard reset works I'm not sure why I'm having to do it so much and its becoming a real pain in the you know what. My wife is at her wits end and is ready to jump ship she has no patients for that kind of stuff. I will stay a bit longer I really don't want to go to Android and I sure as hell will never own a iPhone.

Sent from mTalk

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I just find it strange that I started this thread to assess the situation of 2 random bugs that occurred on my 950 but haven't appeared again since a couple soft resets and this guy keeps insisting that I do a hard reset. My phone is stable, just wish he would have started reading this from my original post. Still happy with my 950. Would still consider the Alcatel phone if it becomes available.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
"Move on", "This guy", "He insists", I came here to help as here this community do, to suggest a best solution and how to do it properly if there is need for it, suggested to do so if the problem is serious and does not go away after soft reset, Insider or not after couple of updates and backups, system slows down and adds errors.
Now I see I really wasted my time, on some kind of person that does not appreciate a thing, no comment. Goodluck, with that attitude, I hope at least it makes you feel good.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Well this post started out great, then went downhill from there.... geez

Anyways, I've had similar issues as you Player Piano but not exactly with screen freezing. I'll get calls but they won't show up so I don't even know they called until the 3rd time they call it will actually show up and I can answer. Seems like some weird things are present. Hopefully the soft resets you did work and you don't get the issue again

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
"Move on", "This guy", "He insists", I came here to help as here this community do, to suggest a best solution and how to do it properly if there is need for it, suggested to do so if the problem is serious and does not go away after soft reset, Insider or not after couple of updates and backups, system slows down and adds errors.
Now I see I really wasted my time, on some kind of person that does not appreciate a thing, no comment. Goodluck, with that attitude, I hope at least it makes you feel good.
Take it easy guy. Please read the first post. I am not looking for a solution.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Well this post started out great, then went downhill from there.... geez

Anyways, I've had similar issues as you Player Piano but not exactly with screen freezing. I'll get calls but they won't show up so I don't even know they called until the 3rd time they call it will actually show up and I can answer. Seems like some weird things are present. Hopefully the soft resets you did work and you don't get the issue again
I have only experienced each problem 1 time. I was merely trying to assess the situation. Soft resets have solved it for me for the time being.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I see yet another bug: the Messenger live tile seems to be frozen, it always shows 1 unread message for more than one day now, although there has been no message at all and I read the last one right after I received it.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I see yet another bug: the Messenger live tile seems to be frozen, it always shows 1 unread message for more than one day now, although there has been no message at all and I read the last one right after I received it.
I noticed this too. I think what we really need is an update to that app. That alone would make my day/week.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Mostly it is not a build problem, not much about it on Feedback either. Messenger issues are common to any builds due to backups and syncing after numerous build updates and files overwriting. Did not encountered this myself and any other issues mentioned in this thread on .321 build.

There is a new Production Build out .351, try a clean slate on a new version. As of right now, no mentioned issues so far on new build.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Mostly it is not a build problem, not much about it on Feedback either. Messenger issues are common to any builds due to backups and syncing after numerous build updates and files overwriting. Did not encountered this myself and any other issues mentioned in this thread on .321 build.

There is a new Production Build out .351, try a clean slate on a new version. As of right now, no mentioned issues so far on new build.

Thanks I reinstalled the app

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I reverted my L950 back from newest Fast Insider build 14936.1000 to Production build .321,

On L950 with Production build .321 and the newest 01078.00053.16236.xxxxx firmware which is already months old, Phone is incredibly stable, smooth, and fast, not a single crash or reboot, phone just works.

There is only thing I can recommend, when you start to notice instability, problems, save all important files and etc. to a SD card or PC and then, do a full reset.

No.1 Reset phone with WDRT to its original state, do not, DO NOT backup anything.
No.2 Update phone to a newest build "which you like" and do Hard Reset on that build, so it completely deletes everything from the past, bugs, previous builds files, and again, most importantly do not backup anything.
No.3 Setup your phone from scratch, re-download all the apps, it will do it automatically from your MS store accounts library, contacts will be restored after signing in with your account and syncing emails. Only you need to do, takes 1 to 2 hours, change phones settings to your liking, Glance, networks, touch, Main Screen and such and then restore files, photos, music and etc. that you backuped "manually" by storing them on SD card or PC. I know it is annoying to do it again, and remember how to setup everything back, but you will do it better this time. You will be surprised how well phone will perform.

All the bugs have been squashed after a hard reset followed by a fresh installation of apps. Literally "0" bugs in production build.

Only thing that has changed is, battery life, which has gone down a bit. And when gaming, battery drain is much quicker than before.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
All the bugs have been squashed after a hard reset followed by a fresh installation of apps. Literally "0" bugs in production build.

Only thing that has changed is, battery life, which has gone down a bit. And when gaming, battery drain is much quicker than before.
Please test this:
Turn on mobile hotspot
Use another device over the hotspot
Turn off mobile hotspot
Check if your data connection works on your phone
If it doesnt, workaround is to toggle on/off data connection

Thanks

IRITEK

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
WiFi Problems : yes just today i've found that my 950 suddenly refused to connect to my work wifi (which worked without problems during the past months).
I'm on 14393.321 and firmware 16236.35004

Also Glance screen was unstable during the past 2 days (calendar appointments were stuck on a single appointment that i had the past week).

Sharing an album from OneDrive is also impossible (OD app crashes).

seems like something changed because it was very stable until few days ago...

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
This build is definitely degrading.

Now Messaging is acting very weird. Sometimes keyboard won't load, message won't send, and/or just loads a blank screen. And yes, I did two hard resets when initially installing.

This is crap. AU is not new software yet loaded with bugs. The B team of Dona and friends stink.

natna

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I have a L950.
I have the "non waking up glance screen" for the 2 last builds. I have done a hard reset which solved some of my phone's big issues and several soft resets, every day when the aforementioned problem occurs. I lose money every time I make a call than isn't answered and I can't hang up the phone, before redirecting to the voice mail. Power button pushed or not, double tap on or off, auto brightness on or off.
The hard reset solved the overheating during wifi internet browsing. Battery drain during browsing is still terrible.
I've also the zoom in problem, in the camera roll app.

If it wasn't for the great camera (with the known issue of horrible oversaturated yellow / aqua sky problem, witch randomly appears with no reason), I'd thrown the d@mn thing off the window.

My previous phone was a Meizu M2 Note. A little gem in terms of build quality, super screen, rom stability (no bugs or overheating) and battery life. The problem was the camera.

That's why I bought a L950. And for the so called trouble free OS experience :winktongue:
And turned out to be a rotten egg. Every update deals with some but reveals more bugs.
Msoft F*** up.

I don't want to become a phone technician in order to have a normally working phone. I got no time for troubleshooting.
My friends' 640/xl phones are working like a charm...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs