Problems with 950, how do you restore the OS by leaving Insider?

themadpoet1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been having so many problems with this phone and the problems have multiplied since I've updated the OS with Insider Slow Ring. Here are a list of problems, in order from worst to least:

-Phone battery drains like crazy, phone heats up and makes a great hand warmer. Battery lasts about 4-5 hours on moderate to high usage.
-Phone randomly shuts off once in awhile, usually while in an app.
-Push notifications do not work very much on WhatsApp and Instagram. They previously worked so I'm not sure what that's about.
-When performing other tasks such as web browsing and listening to music, the music gets choppy and pauses frequently, can't keep up with other tasks.
-A Crackling noise when recording videos
-Sometimes facebook messenger will load up, but you can't click on anything, is non-functional. Is fixed when phone is rebooted. Then the problem repeats again later.
-Once in awhile the phone keyboard doesn't pop up when it needs to. Super annoying.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been having so many problems with this phone and the problems have multiplied since I've updated the OS with Insider Slow Ring. Here are a list of problems, in order from worst to least:

-Phone battery drains like crazy, phone heats up and makes a great hand warmer. Battery lasts about 4-5 hours on moderate to high usage.
-Phone randomly shuts off once in awhile, usually while in an app.
-Push notifications do not work very much on WhatsApp and Instagram. They previously worked so I'm not sure what that's about.
-When performing other tasks such as web browsing and listening to music, the music gets choppy and pauses frequently, can't keep up with other tasks.
-A Crackling noise when recording videos
-Sometimes facebook messenger will load up, but you can't click on anything, is non-functional. Is fixed when phone is rebooted. Then the problem repeats again later.
-Once in awhile the phone keyboard doesn't pop up when it needs to. Super annoying.

If you want to get out of the rings you have to use WDRT to restore to a release build

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Windows 10 Mobile! I'm very sorry to hear that you're having all of these problems. However, if it's any consolation I'm experiencing some of the same issues. My phone's battery life is substandard and it gets unnecessarily hot doing even the simplest of tasks. Recently, I've run into notification problems (i.e., not getting them) and crackly audio on recorded video. After a year with the 950 I've just come to accept that W10M is buggier than a roach-infested apartment building. :unhappy: And for the record, I have done a hard reset and tried the Insider Program (in the release-preview ring); none of these actions have made any difference whatsoever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa