Nokia Lumia 950 Block and Filter Functionality

Hexa Fox

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys I was hoping the community here could help me with a frustrating issue I am having with my Nokia Lumia 950. I will try to keep it short and right to the point.

Basically there is someone that keeps calling my phone (normally several times a day) and has gotten very irritating. It is really not a big deal, there are no threats, it is not a collection agency, it is simply just someone annoying I would like blocked.

Okay so here is what happened:

When I first blocked this person the situation was literally perfect. Because I do not have my voicemail setup on my cell phone. Therefore, they cannot leave a message to further in pestering me. Also when they called it never had a "missed call notification", the only way I knew they were trying to contact me is because you can slide down the menu from the top (not sure what it is called) and it has "block and filter" notifications there.

More recently however, when this individual calls me it will appear (like a lot of cellular phones) on my screen for a split second and leave a "missed call notification". I am not certain about the split second that it shows up, but I know that it did not appear on my missed calls. This is seriously annoying as hell.

This is mostly because I use my cell phone as my business phone and also the reason that I do not have my voice mail setup. Because if someone needs to get in touch with me they can send a text message or I will call them right back when I recognize the number they are calling from.

Therefore, having the individual calling me several times each day is very annoying because I constantly have to check it (each day) to make certain it is not someone important trying to get into contact with me.

So basically, is there anyone familiar with this? I have tried restarting the device, pulling the battery, unblocking and blocking the individual again, and nothing works. Did this person just persist in calling me so often that they just broke the block and filter on my phone or something?

It would be very nice to figure out how to get them off my missed call list again. Thank anyone in advance that tries to help me.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
It would be very nice to figure out how to get them off my missed call list again. Thank anyone in advance that tries to help me.

Check under "Settings -> Battery -> Battery usage by app -> Showing: All apps" that Block and Filter (global) is always allowed to run in background. Check that Battery Saver is not active. These settings can interfere with Block & Filter to do it's work properly.

Hexa Fox

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys, I will look into Truecaller. As soon as I get my phone back... I dropped it and crack a small portion of the screen. Which apparently was enough to ruin the entire screen of the phone. It also had tempered glass installed on the screen too.

Hexa Fox

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Microsoft has been absolutely horrible for this whole process. They have referred me to B2X to get the issue resolved, B2X referred me back to Microsoft, B2X then referred me to a Microsoft repair center in the United States. Both Microsoft and B2X told me that a cracked screen was part of the warranty. It did not sound right.

Now the Microsoft repair center is telling me there is going to be a charge that is going to total just under $200.00 when said and done. I might dispute it with the BBB just because of the hours I have already put into trying to figure out where to go to get help. Not to mention I paid around $700.00 for my Lumia 950 if you include the tempered glass.

Hexa Fox

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
I also tried this as well. I did it when I first did this and it was set to the middle option (whatever it is). I changed it to "always allowed to run" then hard reset my phone. Still no luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss