12-19-2016 07:48 AM
99 1234
tools
    were you an insider anytime? The issue with outlook has been seen/reported on current insider builds.
    So, this is your response to a regular customer? Pathetic!
    11-25-2016 12:26 PM
    On the Yahoo issue; I've seen it, but it got solved by a restart of the phone. I think it's an account / sign-in issue or something.

But, having said that, I'm in favor of ditching Yahoo after the massive security breach a year or so ago. No that others aren't vulnerable, but 500 million accounts hacked?....
    11-25-2016 12:27 PM
    Does anybody have issues with the syncing of the Yahoo mail accounts over 4G connection? Every time the app says that the account settings are out of date. When on wifi everything seems to be normal. I have two Lumia's, the 930 and the 950 and both seems to have the same problem, so I think this is an OS or App flaw. (Tried to fix this on every OS version from 10586 to the latest preview). I hope somebody will illuminate me
    P.S. The Yahoo accounts are set to accept third party apps with minimal security settings.
    Sorry, no problems with my yahoo account. Works and syncs fine
    11-25-2016 12:53 PM
    So, this is your response to a regular customer? Pathetic!
    He was simply stating a fact :) and OP responded to his statement without being offended
    libra89, Guytronic, TgeekB and 2 others like this.
    11-25-2016 01:38 PM
    He was simply stating a fact :) and OP responded to his statement without being offended
    Ok now it is all clear to me, since your response was deleted from this thread, I really have an opinion of my own, and people will judge.
    I will not bother anymore since I don`t have outlook mail. Being a reader of peoples problems in this forum though, I hate reading responses like the one you gave -;
    And please, no hard feelings on my behalf!!!
    abhishek singh21 likes this.
    11-25-2016 03:40 PM
    Ok now it is all clear to me, since your response was deleted from this thread, I really have an opinion of my own, and people will judge.
    I will not bother anymore since I don`t have outlook mail. Being a reader of peoples problems in this forum though, I hate reading responses like the one you gave -;
    And please, no hard feelings on my behalf!!!
    Actually wrote a response to this but half way through decided that it wasn't worth it :)

If nothing else, your sarcasm game is on point :)
    11-25-2016 03:49 PM
    Not saying that you aren't having the issue you outline here, but out of curiosity I just tried taking a photo and Emailing it to myself. It worked perfectly.

Is it possible you are hitting the "share" button before any HDR processing has completed? If I don't wait for processing to complete, the photo will not zoom.... and I suspect the file may not be available to attach either?

If you can't see the subtle change in contrast / color as processing completes, just wait maybe 15-30 seconds as a test and then try attaching the file. Or try attaching a previously snapped photo. Not an acceptable solution..... there should be a message like "please wait" over the photo before it is available..... but a temporary workaround if this IS the issue?

Just a thought.....

Paul
    Paul, you need to post this fix again, but in FONT SIZE 6. People are gonna go on and on about the issue NEVER having seen your post.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Sportster
    11-25-2016 05:43 PM
    Actually wrote a response to this but half way through decided that it wasn't worth it :)

If nothing else, your sarcasm game is on point :)
    As Ven says, I don't think the comment was meant maliciously. I have previously been on the insider builds but honestly can't say I spotted this issue. Maybe it did happen but I didn't realise... It was an interesting point though! I genuinely didn't know this happens on the insider builds.

Anyway, I left the insider rings due to all the bugs (ironic, I know). I reinstalled W10M which took ages with the recovery software. That's when I spotted this issue.

After a little more testing, this does seem to be the issue. The processor must be slightly too slow for the processing of these photos and you have to ensure it has processed before you can send it. I'm going to test it a little bit more and makes decision on what to do. It's a really nice phone - the keyboard and predictive text is fantastic. But as anothe comment said, if Microsoft employees aren't even using these devices it's no wonder these little irritating things occur.
    11-25-2016 06:30 PM
    But as anothe comment said, if Microsoft employees aren't even using these devices it's no wonder these little irritating things occur.
    This really makes me laugh when watching the events :p then again, you should use what works for you.

Hope you can live with the lil workaround :)
    11-25-2016 06:37 PM
    Seems with this last build(FR) on my 950, when ever I open anything the phone just shuts off and I have to restart. Its getting pretty irritating to say the least. Open Spotify....shuts down, check FB...shuts down, gaahhh! I've never had this many in a short amount of time. This is a replacement 950 as I dropped my last one while taking my batter out and the phone landed in the back battery side on a jack stand and messed up the lcd and only had a hairline crack on the glass. But starting with a semi new phone this is nuts. I'm surprised it didn't shut down while coming on here.
    11-25-2016 06:48 PM
    im currently considering, ditching my note 5 for a lumia 950. i use my dell windows 10 tablet more and enjoy using it more than the note, im not a heavy app user, apart from spotify and viber. i guess software developers dont support windows phone anymore, but overall is the 950 a good windows phone, last one i had and loved was the 930, live tiles and pin to start i miss.
    11-26-2016 02:32 AM
    Seems with this last build(FR) on my 950, when ever I open anything the phone just shuts off and I have to restart. Its getting pretty irritating to say the least. Open Spotify....shuts down, check FB...shuts down, gaahhh! I've never had this many in a short amount of time. This is a replacement 950 as I dropped my last one while taking my batter out and the phone landed in the back battery side on a jack stand and messed up the lcd and only had a hairline crack on the glass. But starting with a semi new phone this is nuts. I'm surprised it didn't shut down while coming on here.
    Is it up to date with the official or 'production' version or whatever it's called (not "insider")? When I got my new phone it was with an older firmware/os and it was only after updating it that it would behave.

Also, you've tried restarting the device I guess, yes? And possibly logging out/in?

Lastly, how were the pancakes?
    11-26-2016 10:35 AM
    Again though, on the issue of apps;

A lot of people make a big deal out of the app-gap, but they never take into account how people relate to apps more broadly speaking. Nielsen reported that while app usage has gone up, the amount of apps used per month barely moved from 2012 to 2014. In addition, most users spend most of their time in only 5 apps. A fair amount of apps are either downloaded and never used or downloaded and uninstalled the same day.

So really, I think a lot of this has to do with perception. The perception to a lot of people is that they think they need this vast amount of apps available to them when in fact they still only use a handful regularly, and only a few more intermittently. I've thought about this quite a bit, and I'm still stuck wondering what else I want my phone to do which only exists on Android or iOS. For me, daily usage is;

- check mail
    - check messages
    - check calendar
    - check weather
    - use Edge

weekly adds;

- check facebook
    - check exercise app
    - use Groove Music
    - use Wallet
    - use One Drive

So I'm literally right on average in terms of app usage, with only about five apps per day, and those apps exist on all platforms. The extended used apps also exist on all platforms. I've had conversations with people about this, where they declare that the platform is dead because there aren't enough apps, and I explain that all of what I want to use is available on W10M, and they try to explain to me that there are apps that I want to use that don't exist.... but they can never tell me exactly what those apps are!

So again, I think there's a disconnect between a general public perception of the apps available and the actual need of the individual. At this point, there would have to be a pretty great app that I'm missing on W10M in order for me to consider giving up the benefits that it offers.
    TgeekB and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    11-26-2016 10:57 AM
    Is it up to date with the official or 'production' version or whatever it's called (not "insider")? When I got my new phone it was with an older firmware/os and it was only after updating it that it would behave.

Also, you've tried restarting the device I guess, yes? And possibly logging out/in?

Lastly, how were the pancakes?
    It should be up to date the way I did my other one. Logging in/out of the apps? My pancakes are always awesome, but I meant battery, lawl.
    11-26-2016 11:27 AM
    I love pancakes :-)

Yeah, I meant logging out of accounts and then logging back in as a solution. It's been suggested before online, although I've always managed to get around the issue by shutting the phone down and then restarting it. I think it's happened maybe 3 times or so.
    11-26-2016 11:33 AM
    I wouldn't think it would be a problem since it's a replacement phone and starting from scratch. I could see doin this on my other 950 since I've always used the insider updates. I'm gonna cook some bacon and chop them up and put them in the pancake batter...and it'll be magical.
    11-26-2016 11:39 AM
    Maybe put bacon in the phone!? Everything is better with bacon.
    11-26-2016 12:14 PM
    W3rd!
    11-27-2016 08:29 AM
    Most of the die-hard 950-950XL users that STAY with the most current Insider Fast Ring build are on Windows 10 Mobile build 14965 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)
    I don't think I've EVER seen so much pain from those guys than on this current build 14965. About all I can do is lurk and occasionly console or give a possible troubleshooting tip. But I just don't ever have any problems with my ICON.

Peace. Alan
    Even when I lose, I win.
    Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
    Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Sportster
    11-27-2016 12:58 PM
    Originally posted by captaincalamity
    im currently considering, ditching my note 5 for a lumia 950. i use my dell windows 10 tablet more and enjoy using it more than the note, im not a heavy app user, apart from spotify and viber. i guess software developers dont support windows phone anymore, but overall is the 950 a good windows phone, last one i had and loved was the 930, live tiles and pin to start i miss.
    I feel the Lumia 950 is great. Ya there random boots at times and the likes. Up to you though if you want the phone. :)
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-28-2016 07:18 AM
    Again though, on the issue of apps;

A lot of people make a big deal out of the app-gap, but they never take into account how people relate to apps more broadly speaking. Nielsen reported that while app usage has gone up, the amount of apps used per month barely moved from 2012 to 2014. In addition, most users spend most of their time in only 5 apps. A fair amount of apps are either downloaded and never used or downloaded and uninstalled the same day.

So really, I think a lot of this has to do with perception. The perception to a lot of people is that they think they need this vast amount of apps available to them when in fact they still only use a handful regularly, and only a few more intermittently. I've thought about this quite a bit, and I'm still stuck wondering what else I want my phone to do which only exists on Android or iOS. For me, daily usage is;

- check mail
    - check messages
    - check calendar
    - check weather
    - use Edge

weekly adds;

- check facebook
    - check exercise app
    - use Groove Music
    - use Wallet
    - use One Drive

So I'm literally right on average in terms of app usage, with only about five apps per day, and those apps exist on all platforms. The extended used apps also exist on all platforms. I've had conversations with people about this, where they declare that the platform is dead because there aren't enough apps, and I explain that all of what I want to use is available on W10M, and they try to explain to me that there are apps that I want to use that don't exist.... but they can never tell me exactly what those apps are!

So again, I think there's a disconnect between a general public perception of the apps available and the actual need of the individual. At this point, there would have to be a pretty great app that I'm missing on W10M in order for me to consider giving up the benefits that it offers.
    In terms of app quantity and general availability this may be true, although there will always be gaps. However this misses a key factor that is vital in the user experience and that is the quality of apps. Unfortunately some of the W10M apps are plain awful, and this is made worse by the fact that there aren't so many to choose from.
    11-28-2016 07:48 AM
    I've just returned my Lumia 950 today... In the past 5 days, i've had the following issues

• Apps crashing to home screen - Whatsapp is notorious for this. You can be typing a message and it crashes out. Absolutely awful user experience. Believe me I hate Android with a passion but on Android it's stable. On iOS it's stable. W10M? Very unstable. It wasn't just Whatsapp - Viber crashes, Outook crashes etc
    • You cannot simply take a photo and send it via email (as mentioned in this thread). You have to take it, view it, let it finish "applying finishing touches" then go back to your email, attach it... in a word: disgraceful. I was willing to let it slide, but it's just a massive oversight from Microsoft. How they thought this was acceptable I don't know.
    • VPN - W10M has stopped VPN providers being able to set up a VPN connection. Spoken to a VPN Provider I pay for and they said Microsoft are "working on a fix" - no expected date to fix it. Again - terrible.
    • I wasn't going to mention this because I don't want to flog a dead horse, but the app situation. It's worse than ever. No gumtree. No eBay. No indeed/total jobs app. Amazon app is quite bad. No snapchat. Instagram crashes unlike its rivals.
    • I'm going to be that guy who slates continuum so if you're a hardcore W10M fan, please don't be offended... I bought my L950 on the back of continuum - I knew about the app gap, i've has a Lumia 920 on launch - I know what W10M is about. Continuum, I thought, would be fantastic. In short: it's not. The concept is great but it's fiddly - lots of cables required; you can't access apps that haven't been given continuum compatibility. It's something that will probably work in another 2-3 years of development - right now, it feels like a BETA. I just found myself going back to my laptop/desktop because it was easier and used less cables.
    • Windows Messaging - iOS has the ability to use iMessage on the Mac and it syncs your iMessages. It's a truly wonderful user experience and I was expecting Microsoft to sync SMS messages with the 'Messaging' app on Windows 10. Unfortunately, you have to use Skype to do this? I tried for weeks and struggled to get the damn thing to sync. In short: it's an utter shambles and Apple have made Microsoft look like total amateurs.
    • Outlook app on iOS / Android looks 1000000000000x better than on W10M. WTF Microsoft. Get. It. Sorted!!!! Arghhhh. How can your first party app look better on a 3rd party device? No excuses. It's downright stupid.

I could go on, but you get the point. The camera is fantastic, as is the virtual keyboard. I also think that the quick charging is fantastic - but the user experience is dire because of the points I listed above. I bought a Lumia 920 on launch and I remember all my friends being interested in it - asking whether they should buy one and asking me what Microsoft had in store. I remember thinking that the Lumia 920 had a long, long way to go to improve usability but it seems that Microsoft haven't made much progress since 2012.

I really hate to say this as a long-time Lumia fan/supporter - but iOS trounces W10M in every single way. The OS is 10x more stable. It's almost as if Microsoft don't pump any money or effort into W10M anymore. As an end user, I feel that Microsoft just don't care.

And i'm going to make a wild guess now - If the Surface Phone comes out - it will flop. Just like the HP X3 hasn't had massive success. It's not about the spec of the phone, as much as it's about the user experience. Until W10M is on par with Android/iOS, W10M will continue to see slow/declining sales. And I say this with a lump in my throat: Microsoft could have made something special - but their big acquisition of Nokia was a terrible move and I can't see how they're going to turn this ship around... I honestly feel like W10M is dead.

And i'll end by saying this. I had to return my phone via a UPS drop-off point. The girl working there said she had a Lumia too. I told her I was returning mine because of x amount of problems, including app crashes. Her eyes LIT UP. She said she had the exact same issues and she will be buying an iPhone 7 soon. Nuff said. Microsoft should have known that in the mobile market you get 1 chance, maybe 2 if you're lucky. If you don't make people happy with your brand/product they will move elsewhere. It's very sad... very sad indeed. Thanks to everyone who posted back with workarounds - I appreciate it. The Windows Central community is by far the best community out there. It's a shame we've all had to put up with this treatment. Cheers guys...
    11-28-2016 09:13 AM
    You have to do what you feel is best for you. Best of luck to you.

Sent from mTalk
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    11-28-2016 09:17 AM
    I've just returned my Lumia 950 today... In the past 5 days, i've had the following issues

<snip>

I really hate to say this as a long-time Lumia fan/supporter - but iOS trounces W10M in every single way. The OS is 10x more stable. It's almost as if Microsoft don't pump any money or effort into W10M anymore. As an end user, I feel that Microsoft just don't care.

And i'm going to make a wild guess now - If the Surface Phone comes out - it will flop. Just like the HP X3 hasn't had massive success. It's not about the spec of the phone, as much as it's about the user experience. Until W10M is on par with Android/iOS, W10M will continue to see slow/declining sales. And I say this with a lump in my throat: Microsoft could have made something special - but their big acquisition of Nokia was a terrible move and I can't see how they're going to turn this ship around... I honestly feel like W10M is dead.

And i'll end by saying this. I had to return my phone via a UPS drop-off point. The girl working there said she had a Lumia too. I told her I was returning mine because of x amount of problems, including app crashes. Her eyes LIT UP. She said she had the exact same issues and she will be buying an iPhone 7 soon. Nuff said. Microsoft should have known that in the mobile market you get 1 chance, maybe 2 if you're lucky. If you don't make people happy with your brand/product they will move elsewhere. It's very sad... very sad indeed. Thanks to everyone who posted back with workarounds - I appreciate it. The Windows Central community is by far the best community out there. It's a shame we've all had to put up with this treatment. Cheers guys...
    I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, but I would say that you gave it a fair shake. Really interesting that you met someone else with one too. In my experience, that rarely ever happens. I wish you luck with your next device, and maybe you'll be open to trying something else down the road. It's a bummer that the experience seems to be so varied with the 950. :/
    11-28-2016 09:25 AM
    I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, but I would say that you gave it a fair shake. Really interesting that you met someone else with one too. In my experience, that rarely ever happens. I wish you luck with your next device, and maybe you'll be open to trying something else down the road. It's a bummer that the experience seems to be so varied with the 950. :/
    I think the girl at the UPS drop-off had a 640? It had a white back cover but it seemed smaller than my 950. Not entirely sure if i'm honest! But she's the only person i've seen with a Windows Phone. Everyone else I know uses Android or iOS. It's a huge shame because there was a lot to like about the 950 - my Flickr is full of photographs i'd taken with it. The quick charging was a blessing too! But the constant app crashes, keyboard disappearing and freezing was too much for me to handle on a regular basis. If those issues were gone and the VPN worked, i'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
    11-28-2016 09:33 AM
99 1234