Would you still buy a L950?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Its getting a lot of attention. I haven't held one myself but from what I'm reading, it sounds like they're making nice products.

The looks alone will lure you in. The speakers will finish you off. The camera will put your hair in grave danger. I mean, it's not horrible but we've been spoiled by Lumias. God's honest truth.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Love the 950's camera best.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I've had a 950 for the past week and the camera has been VERY disappointing. Many (not all) shots have had bad resolution especially in low light.

And then last nite I was out at a bar listening to some music. Sent a video back to my wife and it was TERRIBLE. It looked good on my phone but was unwatchable on hers. The I came home and played with sending her other videos, same thing plus some of them wouldn't send at all. Every pic I post to Instagram, etc. Is no where near as good as my Lumia 1520 that I owned or my current Note 5. Am I doing something wrong here?

Between this bad camera showing, a bad Uber app (if the Uber app was better maybe I could tough it) , no Lyft app, and no DART transit app (I live in Dallas) and I'm gonna have to go back to my Note 5.

Lots to like on the phone and OS but these things are deal breakers.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently sporting a Lumia 735 as my daily driver and I have a Lumia 1520 for taking pictures for when I travel.

Though I'm looking forward to the new Alcatel Idol 4S in terms of specs.
I might still end up with a Lumia 950 XL primarily for its camera.

darius_robin

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I've had a 950 for the past week and the camera has been VERY disappointing. Many (not all) shots have had bad resolution especially in low light.

And then last nite I was out at a bar listening to some music. Sent a video back to my wife and it was TERRIBLE. It looked good on my phone but was unwatchable on hers. The I came home and played with sending her other videos, same thing plus some of them wouldn't send at all. Every pic I post to Instagram, etc. Is no where near as good as my Lumia 1520 that I owned or my current Note 5. Am I doing something wrong here?

Between this bad camera showing, a bad Uber app (if the Uber app was better maybe I could tough it) , no Lyft app, and no DART transit app (I live in Dallas) and I'm gonna have to go back to my Note 5.

Lots to like on the phone and OS but these things are deal breakers.

Sorry, I thought it was the 950XL, which has a much better camera.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I believe you should go for it. It is a lovely phone. And after the event updates, the phone runs smoothly. I am glad i bought it. (very recently.)

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually looking to buy one right now. Here in Croatia one of the providers give Lumias for really good prices and lots of people bought them. I guess they are not satisfyed with them because there is lots of new or "as new" Lumias 950 (XL) on the market for a pretty good price. New 950 for about 200? and XL for about 300?. I found XL too big for me, so I'll go for 950 to replace my Z3 compact. Used Android for last half year and really missing W10m.
I actually discovered that all apps I'm using on Android I had on W10m. Can't wait to get back on that ship!

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm actually looking to buy one right now. Here in Croatia one of the providers give Lumias for really good prices and lots of people bought them. I guess they are not satisfyed with them because there is lots of new or "as new" Lumias 950 (XL) on the market for a pretty good price. New 950 for about 200€ and XL for about 300€. I found XL too big for me, so I'll go for 950 to replace my Z3 compact. Used Android for last half year and really missing W10m.
I actually discovered that all apps I'm using on Android I had on W10m. Can't wait to get back on that ship!
Same for me: looking for a good price for 950 XL here, in Ukraine to replace my BlackBerry Z10 (it's $400 in Ukraine still... s****y dead country).

alan1941

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Im relatively new to windows phones,using it for about a year when I bought a 640 because of its insanely low price.Fell in love with windows phones and now having a Lumia 950 for last six months.Love it and works great,still the same performance after half a year which was not the case with my previous androids

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I just bought one in sale - about $CAD 350 with the display dock.. I'd the 950 at launch last year and ended up returning it after a month due to OS issues. Now I find the software to be a lot better and it's almost usable. I really like the W10M interface and would love to keep this as my main device.

Not big on apps, so dont miss them too much. Hopefully the OS gets better over time

Sent from mTalk

Kot Prada

Nov 5, 2016
Visit site
I just bought one in sale - about $CAD 350 with the display dock.. I'd the 950 at launch last year and ended up returning it after a month due to OS issues. Now I find the software to be a lot better and it's almost usable. I really like the W10M interface and would love to keep this as my main device.

Not big on apps, so dont miss them too much. Hopefully the OS gets better over time

Sent from mTalk
$350 CAD for XL?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset the phone, changed the camera settings and now It's all good. Almost 4 weeks in with my L950 and I got to tell you... It's becoming one of my favorite devices after the 1520

The rich black screen of the OS really come out. And it's size is perfect. Not too big not too small. I could say more... But all in all I'm really pleased with the device.

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

blackherrie

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Five days ago I got mine L950. Coming from an iPhone 6S.
It was cheap, to be honest this was the main reason. Around 300 euro new (Netherlands).
And very curious about continuum. Currently using my laptop with hdmi on tv for browsing and some office programs.
As soon the continuum docks are less expensive I buy one to to experience it myself. Using currently an bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Hopefully that works.

The first 5 days are an great experience and no reason to grab my iPhone 6S. No real heavy app user here.

Biostud

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just bought a refurbished for $240 "Top condition", and couldn't be happier. So much better than the 920 it is replacing. I don't really use a lot of apps, and the ones I do are supported by WP10. So I'm a happy camper :)

yaguchi

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got a Lumia 950, what are some of the must have apps? Had the 1020 and 640 a few years back then switched to Android and iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium