L950 (United Kingdom) NFC, Still no mobile/contactless payment facility.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Cant use NFC to make contactless/Mobile payments, this is not good enough IMO, I have 2 Banks accounts with different Banks and 7 credit cards, to my knowledge there is not a means of using the L950 or ANY windows based phone to make these types of payments, not 1 single app.
Unless I am mistaken you need an app from a bank/Credit lender provider to link this to the wallet feature in the device, but as no apps exist this feature on the phone sits wasting away unused and redundant, such a shame, I most certainly would use it.
I have used NFC once on my device (to test its function) connecting it to a compatible speaker system.
Looking into Wallet if you press the (+) symbol you are directed to the STORE to download a compatible app (none exist).
This is a waste of potential.
Loyalty cards I don't use... Credit or debit cards I do.
Somebody in Microsoft reading this, address this issue or remove it as a feature please.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Far as I am aware hardly any support for Windows/ Wallet from UK banks. To be honest I've hardly used NFC functionality.

Probably best to stick to contactless payment on cards as it seems banks until things change.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
You should ask your banks for it, so they see there is an interest.
Appreciate the reply but the bank wont listen to Mr Nobody, they would need to be contacted by a much larger more collective powerful force than just little old me on the high street bank.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
the issue is on both Microsoft and the banks/card providers. The ability to use contactless payments has been there forever (Since I believe Windows phone 7) but, in the US at least, we couldn't use it until softcard released their app (stupid US carrier idea, only worked with a handful of cards). 3 months later, Google bought softcard, closing that door for Windows phone.

Now that Microsoft has a system in place, banks and card issuers need to OK it for use with their cards... as you can see here https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...y, and have been ignored every single time :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium