Wireless Charging Issues

webwevers

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
My Wife's phone just started not charging when using a wireless charger, my phone works fine on the same charging pad. She is able to charge her phone using the type c charging cable but not when using any wireless charging pads. Any thoughts?

webwevers

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft charger, also an older Nokia wireless charger neither one will work with her phone, mine phone works fine with both. Hers did work fine up to a couple of days ago.

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I am also using the old nokia (920) charger and a Samsung standup charger with 2 of them. Do you see the light turn on with the Nokia charger? The white light on the front?

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow, so it is connecting to the device. I would take the back cover off and check the 4 contacts on the phone and the 4 points on the cover. Make sure there isn't any buildup, dust, etc.

webwevers

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I did clean the contacts off, and pulled the battery, but it didn't help. One thing I noticed is that after replacing the battery and starting the phone, some of the apps that were installed on the sd card did not open. I pulled the sd card out and reinserted it and they still would not work. I reinstalled all of the apps on the phone not the sd card. Now I am trying to charge with the sd card not installed. It was a new one I installed when the wireless charging started acting up. Will let you know if that is the problem or not. Hopefully its just a bad sd card that is causing this issue with wireless charging.

webwevers

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
So no good on the sd card. Still will not charge, I did a soft reset and a hard reset and set everything up again and it still does not charge when using a wireless charger plate. It shows it is connected, gives a beep and shows it is plugged in on the notification screen but it seems to discharge instead of charging. Called At&t, they said to return it, but they are out any windows phones now and not sure they are going to carry them going forward. Guess my wife will move to an Android phone.

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Well that is super disappointing. DO you by chance have insurance on it? Asurion should have some to replace with. I of course could be wrong though.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
My Wife's phone just started not charging when using a wireless charger, my phone works fine on the same charging pad. She is able to charge her phone using the type c charging cable but not when using any wireless charging pads. Any thoughts?

Did you try anothoer back (battery) cover on wife's phone? Did you try to swap yours with hers?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo