If your 950 bit the bullet, would you...

mweflen

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I was pondering what I'd do if my 950 was destroyed or lost or something. The options would seem to be:

1. Get a new 950
2. Get a newer Windows Phone (Alcatel Idol, HP X3)
3. Get an Apple/Samsung/LG/Google flagship (i.e. $700 and up)
4. Get a Chinese "affordable flagship" (i.e. $300-$500, OnePlus, Huawei, etc.)
5. Get something much cheaper (i.e. $100-$200, Lumia 650, LG or Motorola budget phones)

Although I really like my 950 (and don't expect it to die any time soon), I think I would go for a OnePlus 3T. I want good, snappy performance and a good camera. The reviews I've seen of the 3T are kind of selling me on it as a Lumia 950-comparable phone. I would not buy an iPhone 7 due to price, but I also think the camera doesn't compete with 950. But the 3T is pretty close! I always check new phones on GSMArena's photo comparison tool:

Photo Compare Tool - GSMArena.com

The most telling spot for me is the currency bills - most phones seem to screw up the wavy lines on the pound note and the delicate cross-hatching on Lincoln. But the 3T comes really close to the 950's performance on that fine detail.

What would you do?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
My answer isn't going to be a normal answer, as a chronic switcher.

If it's my only daily driver, 950 for sure. In my case, to just have a Windows Phone, I would get a Lumia 650. If I wanted to try something new, I would get a Honor 8, if I didn't already own one.

mweflen

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I do have an Honor 5x that I received from Amazon for free to review. I might use it for a while, but the camera just isn't good enough for me.

KrisYYC

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I would put my SIM card into my second 950 that's still in a sealed box sitting on my bookshelf lol :shocked:

I bought my first 950 at launch and then the BOGO deal came last spring and I took advantage of that too for the XL.

Ridiculous

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro