Deleting apps through storage not working on L950

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Had several Lumia phones the past few years. Although Windows mobile is a clean OS is had also been one in ongoing development, and there are apps from the Nokia era that haven't got much use anymore because they are part of the OS nowadays. Motion data is an example, but also the Extra's & Info (in Dutch, maybe it is called otherwise in English) doesn't bring much to the table.

On my Lumia 625 and Lumia 735 those apps could be deleted through the settings / storage. On my Lumia 950 this doesn't work: looking up and selecting such an app in storage gives a disabled option to delete it. Other non pre-installed apps can be deleted.

Any solution to this?

Thanks!

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
1. Extras and info has some really important information in it.
2. Motion data comes with the phone, not separate. so, you cannot remove it.
3. you can install some old apps from nokia times in your phone from the store, like access point, calls +, call and sms filter, nokia account, etc. they are hidden in the store, but you can find them under the "my library" section if they were previously installed. but again, they don't work, and they direct you to the newer versions when opened. but the thing is, I haven't been able to find a way to delete them. They are more like system apps. you cannot remove them once installed.
4. I have a few methods in mind, so I shall try them, and if I find out a way to uninstall them, I shall post it here.

Arievl

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi Tejas,
Thanks for your reply.
Extra's & Info hasn't got any value in my opinion, not since Windows 10. Before it contained info that wasn't available anywhere else in the OS, nowadays it is (settings -> system -> info). Same with motion data.

My point was: on my Lumia 735 all those system apps were removable through settings -> storage. On my Lumia 950 this isn't an option. Was curious as to where this difference comes from and if there is a solution.

Kind regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05