B2X Support - My experience

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
- Please scroll down to latest post - Support experience from B2X has since improved.

Evening all,

Currently experiencing absolutely terrible support from B2X so much so I felt compelled to post about it here to name and shame how terrible this company is at customer support.

Situation is, I have a Lumia 950, very well looked after but I dropped the screen many months ago (from a small distance I might add) and there is a crack across the screen.

No problem, I've taped over this and the phone continued to function fine for several months.

Until, it simply stopped working one day, totally dead, no function in it whatsoever. It just stopped working while it was in my hand - so, not related to the crack across the screen (you can see where this is going).

Speak to B2X online chat, and explain the situation.

They tell me to raise the request as "Phone is totally dead" and send it off, but include a note with my email address so that if they want me to pay for the screen repair, then they can get in touch.

So I do this.

First of all - B2X fail to inform you the DHL account number which is actually required in order to get DHL to pick up the parcel (either from your home or a drop off point), if you open a chat with them, they tell you the number.

So, that is one trip to the DHL drop off point wasted, an hour of my time consumed.

Phone gets sent off....
1 week later, phone comes back saying "Phone has been visibly damaged (cracked screen), please send back for quotable repair".

So, I speak to the chat again, this time, the person on the chat creates the appropriate service request (not me), and assures me that this time, they will be in touch for payment to repair the screen.

So I send the phone off a second time.
4 days later I check the repair status and it says "NOT_REPAIRED", I queried this with them, and they said "Oh this just means your phone is not repaired yet"
1 day after them telling me the phone should be getting repaired, it comes back with the same note as above.

Totally disregarded the note inside the package, no contact from them at all.

So, back on to the chat, after much messing about, it gets escalated to a "superior support team" (their words), who will be in contact within 24 hours.

3 days later, nothing, so open up the chat again.

Then I get an email from the "superior support" asking for a job sheet. I reply immediately.

2 days later, nothing, so open up the chat again.

This time they call me and a lady said they will send me a quote to get the phone repaired, indicating that email is coming within the next few minutes.

That was 5 days ago. Every time I query the support, I get a robotic response "It is with the superior support team, I can't give you an ETA".

They also refuse to give me any details of how to complain or log a complaint.

Also, when they ask for your telephone number "in case the chat gets disconnected", they will never call you anyway, a complete waste of time.

I've been without a working phone for 1 month now.

B2X - your support processes are atrocious, your customer support is appalling.
Microsoft - shame on you for outsourcing the support to such a rubbish company and washing your hands of customer support for these phones.

I actually bought 2 Lumia 950s for my parents this Christmas, as I still like the phone and the platform somewhat. But no longer do I feel any loyalty to Microsoft after this.

Absolutely terrible...

Last edited:

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: B2X Support - Absolutely terrible customer service

I would take all transcripts of chats and contact MS directly and give them copies of it all. I'm pretty sure they don't expect such poor service. If you have any MS stores nearby I'd go there as well, and I wouldn't stop until I got what I thought was fair. Trust me, they don't want "that guy again" in the store complaining so that prospective customers can hear.

Know what I mean?

Sometimes there are better working channels outside of the "proper channels".

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Evening all,

Currently experiencing absolutely terrible support from B2X so much so I felt compelled to post about it here to name and shame how terrible this company is at support.

Situation is, I have a Lumia 950, very well looked after but I dropped the screen many months ago (from a small distance I might add) and there is a crack across the screen.

No problem, I've taped over this and the phone continued to function fine for several months.

Unill, it simply stopped working one day, totally dead, no function in it whatsoever, it simply stopped working while it was in my hand.

Speak to B2X online chat, and explain the situation.

They tell me to raise the request as "Phone is totally dead" and send it off, but include a note with my email address so that if they want me to pay for the screen repair, then they can get in touch.

So I do this.

First of all - B2X fail to inform you the DHL account number which is actually required in order to get DHL to pick up the parcel (either from your home or a drop off point), if you open a chat with them, they tell you the number.

So, that is one trip to the DHL drop off point wasted, an hour of my time consumed.

Phone gets sent off....
1 week later, phone comes back saying "Phone has been visibly damaged (cracked screen), please send back for quotable repair".

So, I speak to the chat again, this time, the person on the chat creates the appropriate service request (not me), and assures me that this time, they will be in touch for payment to repair the screen.

So I send the phone off a second time.
4 days later I check the repair status and it says "NOT_REPAIRED", I queried this with them, and they said "Oh this just means your phone is not repaired yet"
1 day after them telling me the phone should be getting repaired, it comes back with the same note as above.

Totally disreagrded the note inside the package, no contact from them at all.

So, back on to the chat, after much messing about, it gets escalated to a "superior support team" (their words), who will be in contact within 24 hours.

3 days later, nothing, so open up the chat again.

Then I get an email from the "superor support" asking for a job sheet. I reply immediately.

2 days later, nothing, so open up the chat again.

They call me and a lady said they will send me a quote to get the phone repaired.

That was 5 days ago. Every time I query the support, I get a robotic response "It is with the superior support team, I can't give you an ETA".

They also refuse to give me any details of how to complain or log a complaint.

I've been without my phone for 1 month now.

B2X - your support processes are atrocious, your customer support is appaling.
Microsoft - shame on you for outsourcing the support to such a rubbish company.

I actually bought 2 Lumia 950s for my parents this Christmas, as I still like the phone and the platform somewhat. But no longer do I feel any loyalty to Microsoft after this.

Absolutely terrible...

Yep been dealing with similar but my case is different in that the phone (L650) we received was defective, came to light on day 3 of ownership but due to the nature of problem I'm pretty confident in saying phone was ailing before it arrived on my doorstep. Should have known when I paid for 3-day shipping and didn't get phone until late on day 8 that things weren't going to end well. :unhappy:

My first inquiry into what our first steps were in getting a replacement resulted in a surprising revelation that we have NO WARRANTY! The reasoning behind it was that device shipped from US (California) into Canada, I proceed to tell them that we ordered off Microsoft Store.ca (my invoice states that fact) using CAD funds and where it shipped from was totally out of my control. So asked, how can that be? They then reassured me "don't worry, we'll get this sorted out for you", suuuure you will! :eck:

Going on my own accord and a bit of advice from support, we went through the return process but stipulated we wanted an "exchange" rather than a refund, got the necessary paperwork, packaged up phone then shipped it back to Microsoft's warehouse located in Canada... They determine carrier and destination.

Next thing I know we are being directed towards Nokia Repairs and since this is all new to me we follow their instructions. Finally at one point I email NR to ask about my device's status, was informed "we are waiting for you to ship it to us" OH REALLY!!! now that's a surprise. :shocked:

Have been in contact on several fronts, phone calls, online chats and emails, came to light that nobody is listening with them still focused on the no warranty claim. B2X has turned out to be totally useless and refuses to respond to ANY of my emails/questions.

Yep one of my worst purchasing experiences ever and will NEVER buy another thing directly from MS again. Totally incompetent bunch if my latest dealings are any indication, essentially the whole process has been a nightmare so far with every step to aid in getting a defective product issue resolved severely flawed. :angry:

Anyhow that's my story in brief and sorry for hijacking your post but we needed to get some of this off our chest. :straight:

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Sometimes there are better working channels outside of the "proper channels".

Sometimes there is only ONE channel such as in my case. Closest MS Store is hours away which would cost me $$$ to make that trek not to mention no certainty they could or would resolve my problem then and there.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

It is a good point, if a Microsoft store was near I would have definately gone in and made a fuss but unfortunately I am in the same boat as elky in the fact it would cost me more than the price of the phone to travel to the nearest Microsoft store. Oh and don't apologise for hijacking, not at all, the more naming and shaming the better.

I am going to start to keep a log of further chats with the company and will update on how it goes here.

I'm prepared to give them 3 days off for NYE, NYD and NYD bank holiday (today) but tomorrow I will be back on their case chasing them.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

And we wonder why MS has lost all credibility in the phone market. How can a company the size of MS farm service out when the phone is still being manufactured. I'm still pissed about buying a 950xl at the MS store in Chandler, AZ and then being told that I couldn't buy the extended MS warranty. Using a term from the old west in Arizona: "White man speak with forked tongue".

Followup thought. If MS is forsaking the personal user for the business world; service like described above will kill this effort before it gets started.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Can go only by my experiences but, if this is what one should expect in regards to service/help in resolving an issue then I pity anyone else who has to go through same.

I've documented everything yet putting "proof" right in front of their face has done little to help. Pretty evident they are following scripts and refuse to deviate from the norm and what they are instructed to do.

Another irksome situation arose a couple of times during an online chat and phone call. Go through the motions of explaining my situation blah blah blah and after some time it comes to light "sorry can't answer that (or help) because I'm located in Europe/Zimbabwe, you'll have to contact someone within your country". You don't say, do they really think I would be contacting someone in a foreign country to resolve my problem(s), not the hell likely... Yep used the contact methods provided on Msft's Online Store website that pertained to MY country???

Last edited:

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

This information all needs to go back to MS. I'm betting a lot of support companies won't tell their customers (i.e. the businesses whose products they support) that their support is poor, so it's up to the consumers to bypass them and complain to the actual manufacturer/seller of the product.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

This information all needs to go back to MS. I'm betting a lot of support companies won't tell their customers (i.e. the businesses whose products they support) that their support is poor, so it's up to the consumers to bypass them and complain to the actual manufacturer/seller of the product.

The way I see the only way to "maybe" get someone's attention is to spread the word via social media, any other avenue will more than likely result in dealings with those same people who you were relying on to help fix the problem in the first place.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

I also complained using the form on: https://www.b2x.com/en/contact-0 a couple of days ago.

I put something along the lines of my initial post (cut down a bit), stating support are not responding to me, etc. I said I would like to log a complaint with both B2X and also Microsoft. This was the response I have just received in full.

Thank you for contacting B2X.
If you need help with your Microsoft or Nokia phone please go to su
pport.b2x.com. Please have your IMEI number on hand and select
the support option that is most convenient for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: noreply@salesforce.com [mailto:noreply@salesforce.com] On Behalf Of Support EC4u
Sent: Freitag, 30. Dezember 2016 17:56
To: !NoReply
Subject: New Lead from B2X

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I also complained using the form on: https://www.b2x.com/en/contact-0 a couple of days ago.

I put something along the lines of my initial post (cut down a bit), stating support are not responding to me, etc. I said I would like to log a complaint with both B2X and also Microsoft. This was the response I have just received in full.

Thank you for contacting B2X.
If you need help with your Microsoft or Nokia phone please go to su
pport.b2x.com. Please have your IMEI number on hand and select
the support option that is most convenient for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: noreply@salesforce.com [mailto:noreply@salesforce.com] On Behalf Of Support EC4u
Sent: Freitag, 30. Dezember 2016 17:56
To: !NoReply
Subject: New Lead from B2X

Typical, a generic computer generated response is my guess which obviously did little to address your original concerns. Me thinks you'll need to take several more stabs at it in hope of breaking down those barriers you keep ruining into, pretty much guaranteed they won't be making it easy.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

The way I see the only way to "maybe" get someone's attention is to spread the word via social media, any other avenue will more than likely result in dealings with those same people who you were relying on to help fix the problem in the first place.

See, I think there's a difference though here, or some nuance to it.

Just spreading the word via social media probably won't do any good, because social media having an impact needs for either the right people at MS watching it actively and believing they need to change something, or it needs for people to potentially change their spending habits. So, since MS has a small fraction of the smartphone market, and a fraction of that are users that need to contact this company for support, and a fraction of that are those who can't get their issues resolved properly there probably won't be enough people to make an impact on social media itself.

What makes more sense, to me, is finding out whom (or what department) to contact at MS and then on social media spread that information so that even if it's a fraction of a fraction that email inbox or whatever receives hundreds of emails. Then there is an emotional impact on at least one person.

Know what I mean?

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

What makes more sense, to me, is finding out whom (or what department) to contact at MS and then on social media spread that information so that even if it's a fraction of a fraction that email inbox or whatever receives hundreds of emails. Then there is an emotional impact on at least one person.

Know what I mean?

Do know what you mean but good luck finding the "whom" or "right department" because in most cases that is closely guarded from the general public. I'm fully aware as well, anything I do to dis or shame a company such as MS (emails, social media) will be pretty much tits useless yet at the same time we get a sense of relief or, that "feel good" feeling, may be short-lived yet at the same time we got to voice our opinion and that's what counts. Can only hope, if we're lucky, maybe, just maybe someone who cares may decide to step in and help. As well, posting here does little in the way of getting Msft's attention but it does alert others of going ons and suppose that's the goals of people like me, another form of relief too.

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Alright. Well, if I find the time around work-hours tomorrow I'll go visit the MS store and see what I can find out about the support company and any alternatives. I have some questions about the phone anyway so I could combine the two.....

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Alright. Well, if I find the time around work-hours tomorrow I'll go visit the MS store and see what I can find out about the support company and any alternatives. I have some questions about the phone anyway so I could combine the two.....

No harm in trying.

Minh Junior Dinh

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site

Aww, that sounds terrible. I get a case and screen protector on my phone, just in case. Also, I had no idea what B2X was...so I googled it, as you do. The first thing I found was a spelling error, just wanted to share it, no big deal or anything.

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

That is bad customer service overall, but I see their point about not wanting to repair your device for free because of the broken screen. It is common practice to void warranty as soon as there's any sign of physical damage on the device.

I see your point that the problem you sent the phone in for repair was not caused by the cracked screen, but they only have your word for that. There's no way for them to know that the drop didn't cause the cracked screen AND the problem you describe.

Do Apple/Samsung/LG have different policies for repairing broken phones?

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm not trying to get the device repaired for free, I am happy to pay for the repair. The phone has come back twice saying "Please send phone back for OoW repair quote", and that is what they have failed to do every time - despite it being sent in, indeed, for a quotable repair.

I'm not even going down the route of trying to get them to repair the phone for free, I just want a reasonable quote providing so I can get the phone repaired. (their website states roughly 90EUR for cracked screen repair).

I could have been cheeky, sent the phone for cracked screen repair, then sent it back and asked for warranty repair, but instead I followed their recommended support processes and am being screwed around with.

That is bad customer service overall, but I see their point about not wanting to repair your device for free because of the broken screen. It is common practice to void warranty as soon as there's any sign of physical damage on the device.

I see your point that the problem you sent the phone in for repair was not caused by the cracked screen, but they only have your word for that. There's no way for them to know that the drop didn't cause the cracked screen AND the problem you describe.

Do Apple/Samsung/LG have different policies for repairing broken phones?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

That's sad. Unfortunately in my country (India), the Lumia support (formerly Nokia Care) was no better, but at least you could see them face to face.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99