Finally this is my only phone!!

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Finally sold all my other phones to keep the Lumia 950 as my daily driver and only phone!! Bought one during launch last year and sold it. Recently bought again on sale and kept my android phones as backup. Using it for two weeks now without any major issues so decided to sell my dtek60 and dtek50.

While the blackberry phones are nice I just found android too boring and love the windows UI. Hopefully this isn't the end of Windows mobile. Looking forward to some new devices either from Microsoft or other manufacturers.

Happy with Lumia 950 for the time being..

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Nice too hear. I recently took the plunge on an Idol 4S. While I love the phone I'm using my 950 as my primary. For me the 5.2 inch screen is about ideal in size. Its actually running more smoothly than my Idol 4S. No complaints with Idol 4S except that it is a bit large for my hands. The 950 may not have that nice metal and glass build yet it still feels pretty good with the Mozo replacement back. Good luck.
El Mono

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I want to get the mozo case too. But looks like its shipped from UK only and takes forever to get here. So looking for a local sale somewhere

Sent from mTalk

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I want to get the mozo case too. But looks like its shipped from UK only and takes forever to get here. So looking for a local sale somewhere

Sent from mTalk

I ordered a Mozo case from the UK and it arrived in Minneapolis Minnesota USA in one week. I was surprised and pleased. The replaceable leather shells are a great idea. So many thin premium choices for all tastes.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Sent from mTalk

Check out the Windows Central shop. They have Mozo wooden backs for the 950 and the XL of it, and they are based in the US as well. I can't remember what they have otherwise though.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I remember the day I cut my ties to the other phones, and went all in with the L950. I've so enjoyed this phone, even with the little quirks that have come and gone. Is it my lot to become attached to a product / eco system, only to have to move on? The MS Band, the MS Lumia phones, Starbucks Chantico (Starbucks rolls out new "Chantico" chocolate drink - Jan. 10, 2005 - ok, that might be off topic, but still ...). As much as my logic tells me that all things must pass, it's still irritating when something good comes along, only to reach an end at some point.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
omg right! this phone is fantastic! even fantastico. new update today. Open office lens, black screen, you're like omg, then restarts itself. so good, so good

bicubu

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I tried IPhone 7plus for 1 week and didn't like it and returned it and now my L950xl is my only phone. IOS does have alots of app and their apps are well polish but that its not enuff to buy me over. The IOS UI are so boring and not attractive. I just love how window phone work the UI live tile just make me feel more involve to my phone. I hope surface phone will come out soon and I ll order it on the first day.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
To the OP. Congrats on the 950 and hope you get much enjoyment from it. I have the 950 and 650 and they should be good enough until we get more OEM partners on board. Hoping 2017 will be a fruitful year for Win10 mobile.

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
While I have a Nexus 5x that i play with occasionally, my 950 is my main phone and I couldn't be happier. Enjoy!

I alternate about once a month between my Lumia 950 and Nexus 5X. There are 4 or 5 apps only available on the Android that are very useful, but not critical.

I always feel gratified when I put my SIM into the Lumia and boot it up. It just feels so much smoother, predictable and more logically organized than the Android device. And my handful of must-have apps are all available in the windows store.

Btw, the 950 and 5X both use the Snapdragon 808. The 950 consistently ends the day with several hours more battery than the 5X. I know there are many factors, just saying.

Sent from my T300 Chi using mTalk

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Went to the Microsoft store yesterday to see the alcaltel. It's a nice device but felt too big for me. Ive also had dtek60 which is exactly the same hardware and felt it too big to carry around.

So being a phone addict since leaving blackberry 3 years ago I've had so many android phones. List includes galaxy s6 edge, nexus 5x, Xperia X, Xperia Z5, google pixel, dtek50 and dtek60. They're all nice phones but cant stand android. So ended up buying the Lumia 950 again on a terrific deal during holidays. Let me tell you..this phone is just right for me. Great looking UI, right size, amazing camera, glance, double tap to wake and sleep, SD Card support. What else do u need in a phone?

Most if then hones ive tried dont have all these features in one. Yes there's an app gap. But ive most of my banking and productivity apps on W10. Plus the email integration to all my accounts and calenders is quite awesome. Coming from blackberry, this is a must for me. Android does the job too. But I've to download apps to sync all my accounts and calenders- iCloud for example. With outlook it just works.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise