restore phone

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
guys how do I restore the phone from a back up? all the chats and settings and everything... I cant bloody find it!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
guys how do I restore the phone from a back up? all the chats and settings and everything... I cant bloody find it!

For texts, go to the Messaging app, go to settings and make sure you are signed in and then choose a time frame to download messages. Also make sure that sync messages between accounts is clicked on.

Wait for the messaging app to populate with all of your messages.

As for settings, you can only do that during initial set up.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I did a full restore via the MS WDRT program and then signed in using her account she had on it before but there was no mention of restoring her phone... so you're saying after the restore I have to do a hard reset?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I did a full restore via the MS WDRT program and then signed in using her account she had on it before but there was no mention of restoring her phone... so you're saying after the restore I have to do a hard reset?

No. If there were no backups available during setup, you wouldn't have an option to restore.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure, OneDrive might be having issues at the moment. Try logging into OneDrive on a computer to see if you have any device backups. You can do that by clicking on the amount of storage available and then you'll see a page for device backups.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
but I did do a backup before restoring the phone, why cant I find where I can restore from that backup?...

First check if you have any valid backups on OneDrive:
On the phone goto Settings->Backup->More options -> then scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select "Go to OneDrive.com". When you log in you can see (and delete) all your backups...

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
ok thx guys for your replies, didn't find any back ups in the one drive even tho I did a back up mere moments before the restore... anywho the phone is working better than ever...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea