L950 battery life at current builds? I want to come back to w10m!

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Quick question - do you all guys use Windows hello (iris scanner?) Many people say that it drains battery a lot! I always had this option off... Do you have NFC enabled? (I'm not using it as well...) I want to check everything I can before decide to buy lumia phone again- for another week I'm on my winter holidays so still have couple days to do my research...:)

I seriously doubt the scanner is a big drain on battery, unless you're constantly unlocking your phone. It seems to me that screen brightness would make a far bigger difference. I have the scanner on at all times.

NFC I typically have disabled. I turn it on whenever I am about to use it, and then turn it off again after. It's just the paranoid person in me that doesn't like to leave it on. I also have "location" on.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
What's the difference between single and dual SIM in battery consumption? Is there a noticeable difference? Before I buy I would like to know which one to choose? I'm using second SIM with unlimited data plan so if the dual version doesn't take much more power than single one then I would take a risk and buy dual....
But if does then I still have a lot of data on my first SIM card so it's not a"must have"...!

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Anybody? Please is there any big difference between single and dual SIM in terms of battery consumption? I'm really close to buy one but still confused which one to choose... I've noticed that dual SIM is usually cheaper than single one plus there are more units to buy on the market at the moment... I know that single SIM has faster LTE, but is it really such a big difference (usually it's hard to reach maximum speed!) I remember that in the beginning dual Sims had more issues on insider builds, how it looks now? Is it as stable as single SIM?

How about voice connections when using dual SIM. If SIM 1 is used for calls and SIM 2 for internet, then SIM 1 works only in GSM mode. So is the sound clear and loud? Isn't it loosing connection? I'm asking because my current phone is quite unstable when using two Sims in such configuration- SIM responsible for calls which works only in GSM mode often drops connection and shows no network! It's usually in buildings with thick walls, and it's only happening in GSM mode, the other SIM which works in LTE mode never drops connection!

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
... No feedback, ok so maybe a bit different question: how much battery will be used for an hour of web browsing with LTE enabled on the most recent builds? How it changed from the early beginning?

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
jybKpkH.jpg

oQQC2vh.jpg
Ok mate, so I recharged my phone more than 20 times since download Battery X app.
I use my 950 with no mercy and have to charge it over night untill 5:40 am and the again at 4 pm. Before sleep I have about 40%.
Note that it's curently winter where I live and it's pretty cold outside wich I don't like so I spend quite a lot of time on phone. Internet, chat. I never play games, but last few days I hooked up on Candy Crush.
Some SS from Batter X are here.
a8GHQqB.jpg

Sent from mTalk

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
To the OP: seriously, too many impossible questions & too many variables. Some people manage fine with the battery, others don't. Some units have battery problems, others are better. Power consumption can be influenced by a million different factors like what apps are installed and/or running in the background, exactly which build of W10M you're on, how far you are from the cell tower, screen brightness, which website you are accessing, is there an 'r' in the month etc etc. For me personally, battery life is fine for one day with two busy email accounts set to 'push', wifi on, some Twitter/FB/Podcast usage and Skype pinging at me 9am-6pm for work.
No, it isn't going to match your 4100mah Android phone.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
To the OP: seriously, too many impossible questions & too many variables. Some people manage fine with the battery, others don't. Some units have battery problems, others are better. Power consumption can be influenced by a million different factors like what apps are installed and/or running in the background, exactly which build of W10M you're on, how far you are from the cell tower, screen brightness, which website you are accessing, is there an 'r' in the month etc etc. For me personally, battery life is fine for one day with two busy email accounts set to 'push', wifi on, some Twitter/FB/Podcast usage and Skype pinging at me 9am-6pm for work.
No, it isn't going to match your 4100mah Android phone.
Yes I understand everyone uses their phones different way and each phone works a bit different, that's why I asked about an hour of web browsing: in this case other factors shouldn't cause any difference as constant usage of the browser for an hour would be the main battery drainer... If you know what I want to say... I also read a lot about battery problems, so my question is mainly for those who don't have such issues. I'm not trying to show how good my current phone is, in fact I don't think it's good (many system failures, already few hard resets, laggy OS, and I still think that 4100mah battery plus HD screen should give much better results...) I had lumia 640 which was fantastic phone until upgraded to the new w10m, after that I realised that the new system is much better but it also needs better hardware, that's why I really want to come back to Windows phones, but I would like to be sure that it meet my requirements...

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that, so you say that you charge your phone twice a day (like in the morning and then late afternoon)? If so then it doesn't sound too optimistic... By the way, where are you from? You said it's cold winter now... Same here where I live (Poland)... Cheers
Yes, I remove it from charger in the morning and have to recharge it in the afternoon.
It doesn't sound optimistic, but, as I said I'm pretty heavy user.
I guess if you use your phone "normally", it could pass through day.
If you can get L950 for a good price (I got mine for about 170€), and you like W10m OS, I would recommend it.
I'm from Croatia, btw. ☺

Sent from mTalk

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My battery has been decent initially. Battery would last from about 8am -4/6pm on pretty frequent whatsapp and game usage.
But the last three builds(I'm on Prod release btw) I don't know, phone heats up like crazy and battery will go from 100% at 8am to 20% at 12pm, still heavy whatsapp(i blame the groups) but no more gaming really. I'll install that battery app and see.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I got a 950 recently, and in my experience, it seems better than it did when I first tried one last year. It still roughly meets a day but having battery saver on has helped me squeeze out a little bit more.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I got a 950 recently, and in my experience, it seems better than it did when I first tried one last year. It still roughly meets a day but having battery saver on has helped me squeeze out a little bit more.

That's what I was getting, about a day. Not great but not bad.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That's what I was getting, about a day. Not great but not bad.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
That's good to know, thanks! I wasn't sure if it was just me. I kind of wish that there was a way to reduce the resolution (for battery life savings) but I'll deal with battery saver.

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I use the Insider app to check battery use, and it shows 8:30 to 10:30 hours of daily battery life, depending on usage. I have screen brightness set to Suggested, Data off, Bluetooth off, Wifi on, Location on, Windows Hello on. Games and Edge browsing are the biggest battery drains, Facebook is no problem at all. I do use battery saver which occasionally comes on late in the evening, but with wireless charging it's so convenient to just pop it on the plate when required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise