Think it's time to bid farewell to my L950 and Windows Mobile, for now...

topdogg317

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Windows fan and loved my 1020 & 950, and hate the fact that I'll have to make the switch. I didn't care all that much about the so called app gap, and not having the newest, trending apps, but it would be nice 🙂, the final straw for me was after the Anniversary Update and suddenly I was unable to sync my corporate exchange account or my wife's iCloud calendar. My wife's calendar, not that big of a deal if you ask me 🙂 but unable to sync my work email is unacceptable in my opinion, if "mobile computing" and "doing more" is the mantra for Microsoft! Makes me think, why am I holding on to Windows Mobile, if I can't do these basic core functions? I'm all for loyalty but at some point, that loyalty can be a hindrance! Thoughts? Why are sticking with the platform? Is anyone experiencing those same issues with their corporate exchange account?

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
try doing a restore, when it's working again like it should, your outlook will change... the reason I stay is because I have all my pc's on windows and I like to have continuity, also I just luv the look and feel of a windows device... I hate having 50 boring and static icons on my screen.... but that's just me

topdogg317

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have, all they told me was to rollback to the pre-anniversary update which I had done before but after a week or so, I was force to download the update again. Then they told me to check with my work IT department, which I informed them that I already had and nothing had changed from an IT standpoint on my end.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had on again, off again issues with the outlook mail app on Mobile for the past few months. It seems to be tied more to the app update than the OS update (for me) in that it often starts working again randomly and when I check the store, I see that I got an app update. Then, a week or two later, mail will stop working (it shows up on the live tile or in notifications) but I cannot access the email when opening the app, and I am right back where I started.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I was you not long ago. But then I got the 640XL. This device is so much better than my 1520, 1020, and 950XL. It has kept me with Windows...

You should at least give it a try, only $80 on Amazon. It truly shows what competently built hardware (not an over spec'ed mish mash like 950XL) can be like with W10M

Sent from mTalk

markluke74

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Same issue here with the Anniversary Update on my 950. No solution or workaround from tech support. I'm sadly giving up on Windows Mobile. Can't understand how MSFT can leave such an issue unresolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte