Lumia 950 OneNote and Photos not syncing

City Guy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Greetings all,

I have a Lumia 950, love it, awesome device. It is using current standard production build and all updates have been installed including apps from store.

My problem is that OneNote and Photos are not syncing. This seems to be a recent problem that started about two weeks ago. Both apps previously synced properly, although photos did seem to sync slowly to OneDrive.

Any suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I have documented this issue quite well and had the same issue with my 950, syncing photos took hours and not mins, I don't have the links at hand but they are in the Onenote section of this forum. have a look for them, I did get success in the end but syncing times remained too slow, I switched back to android and use Onenote from it, works better on android for some reason??

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I would start by checking all settings again. I'm sure you're sure all settings are good, but it never hurts double-checking. I sometimes miss something.

Secondly I'd shut down the phone. Leave it off for like a minute or so, and restart it. I've had minor issue which were solved by logging into my account again, but I find that shutting down and then starting the phone again is more effective. I guess it includes logging in again by default.

Thirdly I'd double check just what you're syncing. Are you sure you didn't all of a sudden start taking larger ("better quality") photos? That would certainly explain it.

Fourthly check network settings. You sure you weren't throttled by your provider. I mean, I doubt it, but it never hurts to check your network settings and data usage. I believe there's also some setting regarding under what conditions it syncs; basically if the connection is "metered" (mobile) or not (wifi).

--- For the record; the last time I had an issue was earlier today when I noticed that my email notifications no longer immediately showed up on the lock screen. Shut down/restart. Done.

And just for giggles I just took a photo and then logged into OneDrive on my desktop (win 7) and the photo was uploaded/synced within the minute.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3