Lumia 950 Loosing Touch Ability

BBStorm74

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had my 950 on preview builds for a while and I have had some small issues from time to time but with one of the latest builds 15055 I started experiencing issues. 4PM EST I noticed that I could not enter my pin or my Iris scanner would not come on. I soft reset several times then reluctantly used the Window Device Recovery Tool and got the phone back to production. The phone still did not respond on the screen so I gave up and move on watching March Madness. Around 7PM EST I touched my phone and started working. I updated the phone back to the preview build considering I had the same issue on the production build. Phone ran great the rest of Friday and all Saturday, then Sunday came and about 4PM EST on Sunday night and I did the same activity I did on Friday. The phone still did not respond until 5PM EST on Monday. This time a reloaded the phone and kept it on production. Ran all day today with no issue till about 7PM EST and then about 10 mins later it started working again. I have no idea what to do at this point but the way the phone is acting is leading me to think this is a software issue and not a hardware issue. Anyone else had this issue in the past or recently? I am updating the phone now to see if maybe the insider build 15063 will help cause it sure can't hurt at this point.

BBStorm74

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Update! Was working like a champ all morning with 15063 loaded. Stopped responding at approx. 12 PM EST and still not responding an hour later....

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This seems like a strange issue. Have you tried running the diagnostics app B2X-Smartapp? It can check for hardware and software issues on your phone. Its a long shot but is worth a try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers