Terrible Battery Issues

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Since a couple updates ago, my battery has been pretty messed up. When it has been plugged in all night and I unplug it in the morning, the battery level will immediately go down to 63% or 65%.

Throughout the day, my phone will just die and when I plug it in, the battery level goes to 100% in a few seconds. When I unplug it, it will either go down to the regular 65% or down to 7%.

My question is: Could this be a bug related to the insider builds? Also, what might the chances be of a replacement battery suffering the same fate as this one?

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello,I have a 950 and had the same exact problem,it would jump to 100% charged in a minute or two,I bought a Acesoft battery and it's worth every penny,it was like $41 or something like that,I believe it's 4470 mAh,and haven't had a minutes trouble with it,I got it in January too,and it's still going strong,holds a charge all day and charges up quickly,hope this helps

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Yeah,I don't think so either,it's marketed as a 3500 but the battery says 4770 on it,idk why it says that but it does extremely well,that's the main thing I guess

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Download AIDA64 and see what it says the capacity is.

I found a Mugen Power 6000mAh on Amazon that I was going to give a try.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
The Mugen will make your phone much more bulkier, and renders other 950 casings useless. It's up to you, though. Better and longer battery life, or safety of your phone? Your choice.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Mugen Power battery from Amazon. It definitely last a lot longer than the original batter on a good day. However, AIDA64 is still reporting 3000mAh. Is that just something hard coded into the phone or should I be worried about it?

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Mugen Power battery from Amazon. It definitely last a lot longer than the original batter on a good day. However, AIDA64 is still reporting 3000mAh. Is that just something hard coded into the phone or should I be worried about it?

I'm venturing to guess it's hard coded...? Myself I wouldn't worry about it. I'm enjoying the much longer lasting battery.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm venturing to guess it's hard coded...? Myself I wouldn't worry about it. I'm enjoying the much longer lasting battery.
Hmm this has me curious. Would you say that you gain half of a day with it, or a little bit? I had no idea that something like this existed for the 950.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm this has me curious. Would you say that you gain half of a day with it, or a little bit? I had no idea that something like this existed for the 950.

Oh yeah. I had no idea this thing existed until last week! :straight:

Based on my usage for the past 2 days ... 100% charge at 7am --- 4:30pm my 950 still has 83% charge. With the stock 3000 mAh battery I was at 55-59% --- regularly. I've rarely been using my 950. Have been using my 950XL mostly. And that's because of the better battery time in that.

I've stayed with the 950 for the past 4 days because of the much better battery time. Can't put a protective case on it but it hasn't bothered me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah. I had no idea this thing existed until last week! :straight:

Based on my usage for the past 2 days ... 100% charge at 7am --- 4:30pm my 950 still has 83% charge. With the stock 3000 mAh battery I was at 55-59% --- regularly. I've rarely been using my 950. Have been using my 950XL mostly. And that's because of the better battery time in that.

I've stayed with the 950 for the past 4 days because of the much better battery time. Can't put a protective case on it but it hasn't bothered me.

Wow! That's very interesting. I really wish I knew that something this cool existed like 2 weeks ago.

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
I recommend the ACESOFT battery,I'm not a expert and I know it's hard to believe but right on the battery it says 4770mAh,I know right,and they don't even market it that way,but it's an outstanding battery nonetheless

nick popplewell

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Using the original charger that came with my phone I watched it and it charges up at 1.6% a minute,not bad,idk if anyone else has something faster,if you do please let me know,I can't complain,that's pretty good,my OEM battery is pretty much shot,it was very unpredictable and unreliable,I got this one for around $43 on the net,I've had it since January and it still performs like it did when I got it,maybe better

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Usually you have to cycle the oem battery down to 0% so you get an accurate reading. But them again if the battery is over a year old then it's possible you need a new one. I had the same prob with my 950 rebooking even when plugged in and it was the battery. Even with my warranty up, att sent me a whole new phone because they had no more 950 batteries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)