05-29-2017 06:40 PM
50 12
tools
    Yeah, I figure if I end up hating it, I can just sell it and go back to my 950. It won't mind :)
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    05-02-2017 01:13 AM
    If you like phone cameras the Mate 9 is it (at least in my opinion)

img_20170428_204527.jpg
    libra89, mark233 and aximtreo like this.
    05-02-2017 02:29 AM
    I thought I will switch. Bought a nice looking Huawei honor 8..played with it for a dew hours and gone back to my Lumia 950. Nothing wrong with honor 8 but I cant leave windows mobile and the camera of my 950. Nothing is even close to the pictures it takes..

So much for switching platform!!

Sent from mTalk
    05-02-2017 04:08 PM
    Elite X3. Its the only phone that may be an upgrade to my Idol 4s.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    libra89 likes this.
    05-02-2017 04:26 PM
    Bought a nice looking Huawei honor 8..played with it for a dew hours
    That Nougat update on the honor 8 wrecked the phone.
    Boxed mine up after 7.0 and tossed it in the drawer.

Long live the Lumia 925 :)
    mark233, libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    05-02-2017 05:10 PM
    That Nougat update on the honor 8 wrecked the phone.
    Boxed mine up after 7.0 and tossed it in the drawer.

Long live the Lumia 925 :)
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of it on Nougat.
    @vhl71 You just confirmed that you like what you like. I get it.
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-03-2017 09:55 AM
    I'm mostly pleased with the XA1's camera performance. It's no 950, but it comes close, and the rest of the phone (OS, Apps, CPU, Battery) pretty roundly beats the 950.

For some reason, the forum won't let me post an image. Here's an imgur album with a few.

Sony Xperia XA1 sample shots - Album on Imgur
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    05-03-2017 10:12 PM
    I'm mostly pleased with the XA1's camera performance. It's no 950, but it comes close, and the rest of the phone (OS, Apps, CPU, Battery) pretty roundly beats the 950.

For some reason, the forum won't let me post an image. Here's an imgur album with a few.

Sony Xperia XA1 sample shots - Album on Imgur
    Nice pictures! So the battery life on the XA1 is actually better than the 950 or is it about equal?
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-03-2017 10:31 PM
    I have the Huawei Mate 9.
    The camera on the Mate 9 in my opinion is just this side of perfect..
    That is a beautiful device. Have you rooted it yet?

Sent from mTalk
    05-04-2017 12:01 AM
    Nice pictures! So the battery life on the XA1 is actually better than the 950 or is it about equal?
    Better, I'd say. It is a smaller battery, but is powering a 720p screen and a Mediatek Helios P20 CPU instead of the Snapdragon 808.

Here are some more snaps.

More Sony XA1 images - Album on Imgur
    libra89 likes this.
    05-04-2017 12:30 AM
    After being with windows mobile in its various guises since WM6.5... HTC Touch HD, Samsung Omnia 7, Lumina 800, Lumia 1020 and my current Lumina 950, I finally had enough yesterday and ordered a Galaxy S7.

I've not been happy with my 950 since having it and successive updates only seem to have made it worse. It refuses to receive push notifications on time, battery is terrible, supported apps have been decreasing in number, Bluetooth is patchy along with numerous other quibbles. Hard resets made no difference.

Final nail in the coffin for me was the creators update. Since that I've been having random freezing, crashes, even worse battery life, weird screen artefacts, emails are hit and miss now, data connection randomly stops working, WiFi is temperamental and push notifications are even worse than before.

I go with a heavy heart. I really love this platform and was heavily invested in the MS ecosystem. Phone, tablet, desktop, Xbox, Groove music, Xbox live etc... but Microsoft complete apathy towards mobile has done for me.

I have mixed feelings. Part of me is excited to try something new, popular and well supported etc. But then I am genuinely sad as I feel I've been driven away from using this by MS themselves.
    slivy58 and libra89 like this.
    05-21-2017 01:20 PM
    Well, I bought an Apple iPhone SE to play around with. $199 brand new on Cricket so affordable. 32gb storage which is good enough for me.
    Looking for simplicity, small size (I don't watch videos on my phone), and great battery life. So far it has all 3.
    All I need is text, email, weather, music, maps, etc. A mobile communication device.
    Wish W10M mobile had something equal.

slivy58, Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    05-21-2017 02:46 PM
    After being with windows mobile in its various guises since WM6.5... HTC Touch HD, Samsung Omnia 7, Lumina 800, Lumia 1020 and my current Lumina 950, I finally had enough yesterday and ordered a Galaxy S7.

I've not been happy with my 950 since having it and successive updates only seem to have made it worse. It refuses to receive push notifications on time, battery is terrible, supported apps have been decreasing in number, Bluetooth is patchy along with numerous other quibbles. Hard resets made no difference.

Final nail in the coffin for me was the creators update. Since that I've been having random freezing, crashes, even worse battery life, weird screen artefacts, emails are hit and miss now, data connection randomly stops working, WiFi is temperamental and push notifications are even worse than before.

I go with a heavy heart. I really love this platform and was heavily invested in the MS ecosystem. Phone, tablet, desktop, Xbox, Groove music, Xbox live etc... but Microsoft complete apathy towards mobile has done for me.

I have mixed feelings. Part of me is excited to try something new, popular and well supported etc. But then I am genuinely sad as I feel I've been driven away from using this by MS themselves.
    Have a 950 myself and got to admit, after many updates including CU, it hasn't been impacted in a negative way... We're using it as our secondary right now. On the other hand, I've seen little to no improvements over the course of my ownership... The Windows Store is one exception, has improved yet still gets under my skin upon each and every use especially during updates, always hit-n-miss whether one go will get the job done or multiples are needed to achieve desired results.

The phone itself works OK but IMO it feels way too "CLUNKY" for what it is. Mentioned in other threads that my LG G4 feels so smooth/fluid yet the 950 (very similar spec'd), definitely does not. Then there's the app-gap which is no secret, wasn't a big deal for me in the past but now has become somewhat dire. One thing I haven't done since the 950's initial setup, is a hard rest nor am I planning too unless our hand is forced.

Own the GS7 as well, 14 months owning with only one hard reset in that time period. For me its performance has been very consistent and predictable, something WP/W10M has been unable to achieve. Great camera, loads of apps, and very customizable. There's a few things I'm not totally fond of, non-removable battery, semi-curved screen (problematic for some screen protectors), and the right-hand capacitive back key. Size-wise the S7 is in my wheelhouse yet prefer the L650s physical size the most out of those I've owned, too bad the latter wasn't spec'd out a bit better.

Anyhow, best of luck with your new venture and hope it works out for you.
    05-21-2017 03:08 PM
    Well, I bought an Apple iPhone SE to play around with. $199 brand new on Cricket so affordable. 32gb storage which is good enough for me.
    Looking for simplicity, small size (I don't watch videos on my phone), and great battery life. So far it has all 3.
    All I need is text, email, weather, music, maps, etc. A mobile communication device.

Agreed and well said.
    slivy58 likes this.
    05-22-2017 12:13 PM
    That makes three of us... I'm using my 950 again now though.
    slivy58 likes this.
    05-22-2017 12:27 PM

Wanted to try one out myself (iPhone SE) but sorta getting long in the tooth now (my personal perception), unless we find one for a steal-of-a-deal unlikely to happen now.

Good luck with your new purchase and hope you enjoy. ☺

Update:
    Duh my bad! Pegged the SE as 2015 vintage when in fact it's early 2016, now that makes it more enticing 😁
    Last edited by Elky64; 05-22-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-22-2017 12:49 PM
    Wanted to try one out myself (iPhone SE) but sorta getting long in the tooth now (my personal perception), unless we find one for a steal-of-a-deal unlikely to happen now.

Good luck with your new purchase and hope you enjoy. ☺
    Steals can be found. I bought a used 64GB for even cheaper than what Cricket is offering the 32GB model for. I wanted a "current" phone from W10M, Android, and iOS, so I could switch between the three OS as I wanted (I have severe device ADD, only kept at bay by my wife and her "Why????" face when I bring home a new phone).
    Laura Knotek, libra89 and slivy58 like this.
    05-22-2017 12:59 PM
    LOL... I'm in the same boat? We'll keep lookin cuz ya never know, my mind more than likely will change, again 😜
    libra89 likes this.
    05-22-2017 02:29 PM
    LOL... I'm in the same boat? We'll keep lookin cuz ya never know, my mind more than likely will change, again 😜
    I'm just kinda looking to simplify my life. I don't want to keep switching, I just want something that does the basics well and has good battery life. So far the SE pegs it.

slivy58 and libra89 like this.
    05-22-2017 03:58 PM
    My husband confinced me to jump ship and we both bought the galaxy note 7. We thought we would have these phones for years like we had out nokia 920's. Best phone still going strong for 6 years. So we upgraded from our 650xl they were huge but i mostly watch alot of vids on my phone so dont mind a big screen. So got the galaxy note 7, the first day was great. It was such a gorgeous phone and new op system we had a lot of things to do on it. It started to wear off in the first week. The op system even after updates and constant restarts, lagged and was choppy going back to the home screen for no reason. I was like huh??? I paid $1400 au for this stupid phone and it doesnt even work. After the exploding factor i told myself i would never pay over $500 for a phone. Got my 950xl with the refund money of the note 7 and had $1000 in my pocket.
    If i were to leave w10 i would probably go with the htc 10. Its a sturdy phone, great camera and you can buy it under $500
    raycpl likes this.
    05-22-2017 04:26 PM
    My 950xl is nearing the end.

I hate to admit it but the Galaxy S8 would be near the top of my list. My family has owed S2, S3, and S4 generations and I hated every one of them but my youngest son picked up an S7 last year and I have been very impressed with it.

I'd also be looking very closely at the OnePlus 3T.

As for another Windows Phone, only if I could get one at a steal. With knowing Windows Phone is dead I'm not looking to sink another $400+ into a phone for it, and I'm not wanting a budget phone either.
    I'd hate to leave the app I built because my live tile and notifications are better than anything I could/will get from any other app. In fact my app is the reason I'm still on a Windows Phone.
    So if someone would start selling the X3's for <=$400 I'd probably get one.
    azlkk likes this.
    05-23-2017 08:01 AM
    Well I am literally waiting for my first windows 10 mobile, the 950 to arrive, so it'd be more than a bit silly to change :P

But if windows 10 mobile didn't exist, I'd probably get the blackberry keyONE. I like physical keyboards for the accuracy, typing stamina and accuracy, and the blackberry hub has never been replicated by anyone else. Plus its a little less google-y, and apple and google's market strategies and consumer treatment, are why I am not interested in other phones. I could probably get that phone, load it with MS software, and barely know I am using a google based OS (except when I shop for apps and find shocking ad filled freemium apps doh!)

I don't think I'd gamble on sailfish. Looks a bit beta.
    05-23-2017 08:13 AM
    I'm just kinda looking to simplify my life. I don't want to keep switching, I just want something that does the basics well and has good battery life. So far the SE pegs it.Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    I hear you. I would love to do that. I'm just too weak, especially with all 3 OS sitting in my drawer tempting me. Sadly I could see the SE or Pixel being that phone for most people, more so then I could see the 950 being that. I sometimes envy people who aren't interested in phones at all, and just will buy one and use it until it is dead, then repeat with a new one. Life would be much simpler.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-23-2017 09:03 AM
    I'm like Drael, waiting on my 950 to arrive. Had been using my 1020 for 3 years and really no major complaints with the operation of it. Camera is still very good....maybe a little slow.....but picture quality is excellent. My biggest issue was not being able to get W10 on it. Bought a Garmin Vivoactive HR recently to replace my Band 2 (grrrrrr, really miss my Band!) whose band tore, again. Anyway, the Garmin software will only work on W10 devices, so decided it was time. I also hope I will be able to receive notifications on the HR now. I really miss getting that little "bzzzzz" on my Band 2 when I received a text. So, I hope the 950 will do as well for me as the 1020 did. Fingers crossed.
    libra89 and Drael646464 like this.
    05-29-2017 12:22 PM
    I managed to find a brand new, unopened CV ANZ (country variant, meaning no carrier stuff) L950 at a good price. Arrived yesterday, still loading it up. Tried a phone backup but decided to do a reset and go from vanilla and manually copy stuff over. So many apps are unavailable now, but many of them I can live without.

Overall, I am impressed, probably should have gotten one sooner rather than only now. I initially thought this was going to be a stop-gap, while I wait for the better SD835 android phones to come out, but as long as the app situation doesn't get worse, I can see myself using this for a while yet.
    raycpl, libra89 and Timbre70 like this.
    05-29-2017 06:40 PM
50 12