If you were to switch phones today...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I pulled the trigger on the Sony XA1. Guess I developed a case of techno lust.

It happens. You'll see how you feel with it, sometimes you have to try other things to confirm how you feel about what you have currently.

Last edited:

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I thought I will switch. Bought a nice looking Huawei honor 8..played with it for a dew hours and gone back to my Lumia 950. Nothing wrong with honor 8 but I cant leave windows mobile and the camera of my 950. Nothing is even close to the pictures it takes..

So much for switching platform!!

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm mostly pleased with the XA1's camera performance. It's no 950, but it comes close, and the rest of the phone (OS, Apps, CPU, Battery) pretty roundly beats the 950.

For some reason, the forum won't let me post an image. Here's an imgur album with a few.

Sony Xperia XA1 sample shots - Album on Imgur

Nice pictures! So the battery life on the XA1 is actually better than the 950 or is it about equal?

freypal

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
After being with windows mobile in its various guises since WM6.5... HTC Touch HD, Samsung Omnia 7, Lumina 800, Lumia 1020 and my current Lumina 950, I finally had enough yesterday and ordered a Galaxy S7.

I've not been happy with my 950 since having it and successive updates only seem to have made it worse. It refuses to receive push notifications on time, battery is terrible, supported apps have been decreasing in number, Bluetooth is patchy along with numerous other quibbles. Hard resets made no difference.

Final nail in the coffin for me was the creators update. Since that I've been having random freezing, crashes, even worse battery life, weird screen artefacts, emails are hit and miss now, data connection randomly stops working, WiFi is temperamental and push notifications are even worse than before.

I go with a heavy heart. I really love this platform and was heavily invested in the MS ecosystem. Phone, tablet, desktop, Xbox, Groove music, Xbox live etc... but Microsoft complete apathy towards mobile has done for me.

I have mixed feelings. Part of me is excited to try something new, popular and well supported etc. But then I am genuinely sad as I feel I've been driven away from using this by MS themselves.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, I bought an Apple iPhone SE to play around with. $199 brand new on Cricket so affordable. 32gb storage which is good enough for me.
Looking for simplicity, small size (I don't watch videos on my phone), and great battery life. So far it has all 3.
All I need is text, email, weather, music, maps, etc. A mobile communication device.
Wish W10M mobile had something equal.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
After being with windows mobile in its various guises since WM6.5... HTC Touch HD, Samsung Omnia 7, Lumina 800, Lumia 1020 and my current Lumina 950, I finally had enough yesterday and ordered a Galaxy S7.

I've not been happy with my 950 since having it and successive updates only seem to have made it worse. It refuses to receive push notifications on time, battery is terrible, supported apps have been decreasing in number, Bluetooth is patchy along with numerous other quibbles. Hard resets made no difference.

Final nail in the coffin for me was the creators update. Since that I've been having random freezing, crashes, even worse battery life, weird screen artefacts, emails are hit and miss now, data connection randomly stops working, WiFi is temperamental and push notifications are even worse than before.

I go with a heavy heart. I really love this platform and was heavily invested in the MS ecosystem. Phone, tablet, desktop, Xbox, Groove music, Xbox live etc... but Microsoft complete apathy towards mobile has done for me.

I have mixed feelings. Part of me is excited to try something new, popular and well supported etc. But then I am genuinely sad as I feel I've been driven away from using this by MS themselves.

Have a 950 myself and got to admit, after many updates including CU, it hasn't been impacted in a negative way... We're using it as our secondary right now. On the other hand, I've seen little to no improvements over the course of my ownership... The Windows Store is one exception, has improved yet still gets under my skin upon each and every use especially during updates, always hit-n-miss whether one go will get the job done or multiples are needed to achieve desired results.

The phone itself works OK but IMO it feels way too "CLUNKY" for what it is. Mentioned in other threads that my LG G4 feels so smooth/fluid yet the 950 (very similar spec'd), definitely does not. Then there's the app-gap which is no secret, wasn't a big deal for me in the past but now has become somewhat dire. One thing I haven't done since the 950's initial setup, is a hard rest nor am I planning too unless our hand is forced.

Own the GS7 as well, 14 months owning with only one hard reset in that time period. For me its performance has been very consistent and predictable, something WP/W10M has been unable to achieve. Great camera, loads of apps, and very customizable. There's a few things I'm not totally fond of, non-removable battery, semi-curved screen (problematic for some screen protectors), and the right-hand capacitive back key. Size-wise the S7 is in my wheelhouse yet prefer the L650s physical size the most out of those I've owned, too bad the latter wasn't spec'd out a bit better.

Anyhow, best of luck with your new venture and hope it works out for you. :smile:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, I bought an Apple iPhone SE to play around with. $199 brand new on Cricket so affordable. 32gb storage which is good enough for me.
Looking for simplicity, small size (I don't watch videos on my phone), and great battery life. So far it has all 3.
All I need is text, email, weather, music, maps, etc. A mobile communication device.
Wish W10M mobile had something equal.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Agreed and well said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos