If you were to switch phones today...

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I bought an Apple iPhone SE to play around with. $199 brand new on Cricket so affordable. 32gb storage which is good enough for me.
Looking for simplicity, small size (I don't watch videos on my phone), and great battery life. So far it has all 3.
All I need is text, email, weather, music, maps, etc. A mobile communication device.
Wish W10M mobile had something equal.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Wanted to try one out myself (iPhone SE) but sorta getting long in the tooth now (my personal perception), unless we find one for a steal-of-a-deal unlikely to happen now.

Good luck with your new purchase and hope you enjoy. ☺

Update:
Duh my bad! Pegged the SE as 2015 vintage when in fact it's early 2016, now that makes it more enticing 😁

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Wanted to try one out myself (iPhone SE) but sorta getting long in the tooth now (my personal perception), unless we find one for a steal-of-a-deal unlikely to happen now.

Good luck with your new purchase and hope you enjoy. ☺

Steals can be found. I bought a used 64GB for even cheaper than what Cricket is offering the 32GB model for. I wanted a "current" phone from W10M, Android, and iOS, so I could switch between the three OS as I wanted (I have severe device ADD, only kept at bay by my wife and her "Why????" face when I bring home a new phone).

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
LOL... I'm in the same boat? We'll keep lookin cuz ya never know, my mind more than likely will change, again 😜

I'm just kinda looking to simplify my life. I don't want to keep switching, I just want something that does the basics well and has good battery life. So far the SE pegs it.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Cheetah087

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
My husband confinced me to jump ship and we both bought the galaxy note 7. We thought we would have these phones for years like we had out nokia 920's. Best phone still going strong for 6 years. So we upgraded from our 650xl they were huge but i mostly watch alot of vids on my phone so dont mind a big screen. So got the galaxy note 7, the first day was great. It was such a gorgeous phone and new op system we had a lot of things to do on it. It started to wear off in the first week. The op system even after updates and constant restarts, lagged and was choppy going back to the home screen for no reason. I was like huh??? I paid $1400 au for this stupid phone and it doesnt even work. After the exploding factor i told myself i would never pay over $500 for a phone. Got my 950xl with the refund money of the note 7 and had $1000 in my pocket.
If i were to leave w10 i would probably go with the htc 10. Its a sturdy phone, great camera and you can buy it under $500

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
My 950xl is nearing the end.

I hate to admit it but the Galaxy S8 would be near the top of my list. My family has owed S2, S3, and S4 generations and I hated every one of them but my youngest son picked up an S7 last year and I have been very impressed with it.

I'd also be looking very closely at the OnePlus 3T.

As for another Windows Phone, only if I could get one at a steal. With knowing Windows Phone is dead I'm not looking to sink another $400+ into a phone for it, and I'm not wanting a budget phone either.
I'd hate to leave the app I built because my live tile and notifications are better than anything I could/will get from any other app. In fact my app is the reason I'm still on a Windows Phone.
So if someone would start selling the X3's for <=$400 I'd probably get one.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Well I am literally waiting for my first windows 10 mobile, the 950 to arrive, so it'd be more than a bit silly to change :p

But if windows 10 mobile didn't exist, I'd probably get the blackberry keyONE. I like physical keyboards for the accuracy, typing stamina and accuracy, and the blackberry hub has never been replicated by anyone else. Plus its a little less google-y, and apple and google's market strategies and consumer treatment, are why I am not interested in other phones. I could probably get that phone, load it with MS software, and barely know I am using a google based OS (except when I shop for apps and find shocking ad filled freemium apps doh!)

I don't think I'd gamble on sailfish. Looks a bit beta.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm just kinda looking to simplify my life. I don't want to keep switching, I just want something that does the basics well and has good battery life. So far the SE pegs it.Sent from mTalk on my SP4
I hear you. I would love to do that. I'm just too weak, especially with all 3 OS sitting in my drawer tempting me. Sadly I could see the SE or Pixel being that phone for most people, more so then I could see the 950 being that. I sometimes envy people who aren't interested in phones at all, and just will buy one and use it until it is dead, then repeat with a new one. Life would be much simpler.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm like Drael, waiting on my 950 to arrive. Had been using my 1020 for 3 years and really no major complaints with the operation of it. Camera is still very good....maybe a little slow.....but picture quality is excellent. My biggest issue was not being able to get W10 on it. Bought a Garmin Vivoactive HR recently to replace my Band 2 (grrrrrr, really miss my Band!) whose band tore, again. Anyway, the Garmin software will only work on W10 devices, so decided it was time. I also hope I will be able to receive notifications on the HR now. I really miss getting that little "bzzzzz" on my Band 2 when I received a text. So, I hope the 950 will do as well for me as the 1020 did. Fingers crossed.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I managed to find a brand new, unopened CV ANZ (country variant, meaning no carrier stuff) L950 at a good price. Arrived yesterday, still loading it up. Tried a phone backup but decided to do a reset and go from vanilla and manually copy stuff over. So many apps are unavailable now, but many of them I can live without.

Overall, I am impressed, probably should have gotten one sooner rather than only now. I initially thought this was going to be a stop-gap, while I wait for the better SD835 android phones to come out, but as long as the app situation doesn't get worse, I can see myself using this for a while yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss