Mint Sim compatible with 950?

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 950 (originally from Australia) that I used with Consumer Cellular (an AT&T MVNO) successfully. I've switched to Mint SIM. It kind of works, but I'm having problems. My connection constantly cycles from Mint, to Mint E, to no connection. It does this every few seconds. When I'm getting a connection it's quite strong, 4 or 5 bars. Is it possible that the 950's radio isn't fully compatible with the underlying T-Mobile network?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have a 950 (originally from Australia) that I used with Consumer Cellular (an AT&T MVNO) successfully. I've switched to Mint SIM. It kind of works, but I'm having problems. My connection constantly cycles from Mint, to Mint E, to no connection. It does this every few seconds. When I'm getting a connection it's quite strong, 4 or 5 bars. Is it possible that the 950's radio isn't fully compatible with the underlying T-Mobile network?

Yep, it's possible that your model isn't as compatible.

T-Mobile's bands are 2, 4, and 12. If you only have Band 2, that's why. This is very area dependent as well but it helps if you have a phone with at least 2 of those bands.

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I didn't see a way to specify anything other than just Microsoft Lumia 950 in WillMyPhoneWork.net. I went in to the SIM settings and chose search for network and chose Mint LTE, 3G, 2G and then changed my Cellular Connection profile from T-Mobile to Ultra Mobile and my device has stopped cycling from Mint to Mint E to no connection. I now have a steady 3 bars of Mint L at my current location.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I didn't see a way to specify anything other than just Microsoft Lumia 950 in WillMyPhoneWork.net. I went in to the SIM settings and chose search for network and chose Mint LTE, 3G, 2G and then changed my Cellular Connection profile from T-Mobile to Ultra Mobile and my device has stopped cycling from Mint to Mint E to no connection. I now have a steady 3 bars of Mint L at my current location.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos