Hi,

I have a 950 (originally from Australia) that I used with Consumer Cellular (an AT&T MVNO) successfully. I've switched to Mint SIM. It kind of works, but I'm having problems. My connection constantly cycles from Mint, to Mint E, to no connection. It does this every few seconds. When I'm getting a connection it's quite strong, 4 or 5 bars. Is it possible that the 950's radio isn't fully compatible with the underlying T-Mobile network?
    05-10-2017 09:33 AM
    Hi,

I have a 950 (originally from Australia) that I used with Consumer Cellular (an AT&T MVNO) successfully. I've switched to Mint SIM. It kind of works, but I'm having problems. My connection constantly cycles from Mint, to Mint E, to no connection. It does this every few seconds. When I'm getting a connection it's quite strong, 4 or 5 bars. Is it possible that the 950's radio isn't fully compatible with the underlying T-Mobile network?
    Yep, it's possible that your model isn't as compatible.

T-Mobile's bands are 2, 4, and 12. If you only have Band 2, that's why. This is very area dependent as well but it helps if you have a phone with at least 2 of those bands.
    05-10-2017 09:53 AM
    Any way to tell what bands my phone has? I think it was originally an Optus phone.
    05-10-2017 10:02 AM
    If you know the model# which you can find via About Phone in Settings. you may be able to look it up via WillMyPhoneWork.net - Check if your phone works on a network but the last time i checked they did not have MintSim in their carrier options yet, but since Mintsim is a T-mobile MVNO you could just check against T-Mobile.
    05-10-2017 10:12 AM
    I didn't see a way to specify anything other than just Microsoft Lumia 950 in WillMyPhoneWork.net. I went in to the SIM settings and chose search for network and chose Mint LTE, 3G, 2G and then changed my Cellular Connection profile from T-Mobile to Ultra Mobile and my device has stopped cycling from Mint to Mint E to no connection. I now have a steady 3 bars of Mint L at my current location.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-10-2017 10:49 AM
    I didn't see a way to specify anything other than just Microsoft Lumia 950 in WillMyPhoneWork.net. I went in to the SIM settings and chose search for network and chose Mint LTE, 3G, 2G and then changed my Cellular Connection profile from T-Mobile to Ultra Mobile and my device has stopped cycling from Mint to Mint E to no connection. I now have a steady 3 bars of Mint L at my current location.
    Glad to hear that it worked out for you!
    05-10-2017 11:55 AM
    The "stock" MMS settings didn't work for me either. In order to get the MMS to work I had to change the IP from IP4 to IPv4v6.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-10-2017 04:20 PM