Do not buy a lumia 950

Craig Montgomery

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Being a diehard Windows Phone fan, I wasn't ready to give up and go Android yet. I saw a refurbished, in-box 950 for pretty cheap, so I thought I would give it a try, to replace my 640. (I've previously had 920 and 1020. How I wish the 1020 still worked.)

When the 950 is working, it's great. Beautiful screen, amazing camera. But I didn't do my research and learn about the rebooting issue. I have no SD card and no crazy apps, but this phone just can't stay on for any length of time.

There's a good reason Microsoft pulled these off the shelves.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MS pulled them because the phone had lived its life and they were just cleaning up Windows 10 Mobile's store footprint.

ixhussa

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Being a diehard Windows Phone fan, I wasn't ready to give up and go Android yet. I saw a refurbished, in-box 950 for pretty cheap, so I thought I would give it a try, to replace my 640. (I've previously had 920 and 1020. How I wish the 1020 still worked.)

When the 950 is working, it's great. Beautiful screen, amazing camera. But I didn't do my research and learn about the rebooting issue. I have no SD card and no crazy apps, but this phone just can't stay on for any length of time.

See if the problem persists when plugged in to power. I experienced similar problems in the past and it turned out to be a failing battery.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Had a 950, fell out my pocket and shattered the screen and I replaced it with a 950xl. I've never had any rebooting issues with either of them.. Like ever. I've had 2 x iPhone 7 Plus, a Galaxy s8 Plus and now the LG G6 since I got my 950xl and still keep going back to the Lumia as I still really like it and it's super reliable as a backup/2nd phone

maciej paczuski

May 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi, new one here, so I have WP since 520, now on 550, month ago I decided to buy 950xl, but like four days ago my 550 start rebooting six times a day, battery dropped to zero in 3hrs and now when I try to call just "call dropped" or something like it. So my question is: go for 950xl and she be ok and will work for long and Microsoft will fix all problems or they don't give a s... and software will crush sooner than later and we all will need new phone, cheers

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Buying a used phone always carries extra risk. You save money, but can can also find out the hard way why someone sold it and it might not be to buy groceries or a newer phone.

Sorry you are having bad luck with yours.

Last edited:

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

I have a 950 since they came out and I love it. Even though I am on Insider builds it's never gave me any headaches and I use it extensively as my daily driver. Have you updated it to latest software?

Sent from my Windows Phone using mTalk

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I have a 950 XL as my daily and a 950 as my Fast Ring device. I've had a smattering of bugs with each (more with the 950 of course) but I've never had my XL reboot while I was using it. My 950 has a few times but it was always early on into a new development cycle.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
There is a difference between a Software crash and reboot and hardware fault that causes a reboot. That is why I asked.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
When I owned the HP elite X3 back in October. It crashed on me like 3 or 4 times within 6 hours. But later over time after HP began pushing updates and the OS stability improved around it, they never came back.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Even my Alcatel IDOL4s has spontaneously rebooted a couple times. Not near as much as any other phone I have owned. But it too is not immune...;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo