Do not buy a lumia 950

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Models, being mass-produced and all tend towards seeing more kinds of issues, whether design etc. It's all perspective. Here are some, to varying degrees that I remember off the top of my head...

iPhone 4 - Antenna Death Grip
iPhone 5 had a battery replacement program early on
Palm Pre - Slider assembly
HTC One (I forget which) - Purple tinted photos?
Nexus 5X, similar era LG phones - bootlooping
Lumia 535 - touchscreen
HP TouchPad (not a phone) - case corner cracks, difficulty reviving after a dead battery
The Galaxy Note 7 had two sizable battery defects and we know what happened there.
BlackBerry Priv's tended to have heat issues.
Nexus 5 had some GPS quirks, whether software or the back cover.

Look hard enough and you will find. Beware the availability heuristic!

That was the HTC One (M8) and it had chroma issues with its UltraPixel camera.
And don't forget the red screen tints with the Galaxy S8 and the broken Bixby button.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
"I saw a refurbished"...

Say no more. Anything after that is void. My 950 stays on and doesn't feature your issues. Maybe blame the person that did X or Y before you owned it.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I have had no serious issues with the phone and I have had it since April 2016. There have been a few updates that required me to do a hard reset after they were installed but outside of that. Never an issue. Would HIGHLY recommend a phone condom though to protect against drops onto hard surfaces and to protect your screen when you put the phone face down.

Craig Montgomery

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Update: The rebooting came back worse than ever.
I ordered another battery which turned out to be OEM. It's promising so far. No reboots, less heat, and the phone even seems to work better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077