Taking Leap to the 950

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
That does sound like a known issue. Which I believe is related to the battery/pins and such.

Well, switched out the 950 battery in my wife's phone with mine and so far my 950 has operated just fine but hers as done at least one reset. Will monitor it and might just be a battery issue. Fingers crossed.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, switched out the 950 battery in my wife's phone with mine and so far my 950 has operated just fine but hers as done at least one reset. Will monitor it and might just be a battery issue. Fingers crossed.

That is unfortunate..but an easy fix.

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
On the older ones (Nokias) there was a hack to allow them to charge while the OS is shut down. I miss that some times. But I never tried your trick.

I actually miss that option as well. I also used to love that the alarm clock feature would wake the phone up (if shut off) to alarm at the set time!

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Well.....having an issue that is troubling. The phone keeps shutting off and going through a reboot....and I mean doing it fairly often. My wife has a 950 as well, so I'm going to try her battery in my 950 and see if might just be a battery issue. I hope this isn't a phone issue as I had a heck of a time finding a 950 to buy. Is anyone aware of similar issues with a reboot? Not doing anything with the phone out of the ordinary that I can figure out. Thanks.

Sounds like a faulty battery. Others have reported similar battery issues on the 950/950XL which were solved with a new battery. Since yours is still under warranty, maybe you can take it into the nearest MS store to swap it out?

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for recommendation on the Mozo case....will check it out. The 950 arrived and had a little issue with the battery at first. After sitting overnight it was at 37% and when I unplugged it, it dropped to 0 and cut off. Did a reset, plugged in again and it went to 64% and stopped. Unplugged and tried again later and this time it charged to 100%. I have heard that this often happens with new batteries, so hopefully just a temporary thing.

2 other issues that maybe someone can help on is getting Google calendar to show up on the calendar app. It reads as "Outlook Calendar", but can't find where I change that. Thought I found it, but didn't seem to do the trick. And finally, where do the settings for Quiet Time hang out? Can't seem to find those, grrrrrrrrr.

On a plus side, my Garmin now works with the app AND the notifications work on emails and texts. That was one of the features I really miss with my Band 2 (still wish I had that, grrrrrr, torn band issue) and wouldn't work with Garmin on the Windows 8 OS. Fingers crossed that all else goes well.

+1 for getting a Mozo case! I have an extra, brand new Coral colored one that I am looking to sell. PM me if you are interested.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I think I missed it - where did you find it for $199?

I found a black 950 at Walmart.com. It appears they are out of the black ones but last saw there were still some white 950's left. My concern was whether these were refurbished, but was told they were not. I looked on that same website today, and there are some white ones that clearly say "refurbished", but it did not say "refurbished" on the one that I purchased. There's a part of me that thinks it was refurbished.....but decided to gamble on it anyway. The battery clearly had an issue, but in talking to their service center this AM they are sending me a replacement battery for, of course, no charge. Fingers crossed that no other issues come up. As it turns out, I had to get a new phone anyway because 3 days after ordering the 950, I dropped my 1020 face down and major screen cracks.....ugly.....ugh. However, I called AT&T regarding my insurance on the phone and they have agreed to give me the difference between the $199 and the $112 deductible, or $87. Better than a kick in the butt. AT&T offers NO Windows phones, so they kept trying to get me to get an Android phone, but I told them that was not what I had insured for. So, I'll give them credit for agreeing on the $87.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Zachary....did you get the Mozo case that allows for wireless charging? Haven't had a wireless charging set up since my favorite phone the Palm Pre! LOL But figured if I can find a case that will protect my phone some, wouldn't mind being able to charge wirelessly.

All the Mozo cases for the Lumia 950 and 950 XL support Qi wireless charging which I use every night with my TLYT charger.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
All the Mozo cases for the Lumia 950 and 950 XL support Qi wireless charging which I use every night with my TLYT charger.

Zachary.....what is the footprint of that TLYT charger? Looks like it leans back a good bit. Looking for a charger that will fit on a place that is on my desk that is 6" deep. Can't really tell from the website what the measurements are. Thanks.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Update after installing a new battery in my 950. The company that processes through Walmart.com, Incredible Cellular LLC, was very good to work with on the battery replacement. In fact, for some odd reason, they sent me 2 batteries.....go figure. They had the batteries to me in 2 days. I've had the new battery installed for about 7 hours and so far, no random resets or reboots. With the original battery, it would get in a weird reset or "boot loop". So, finally getting to enjoy the nice features of the 950. Fingers crossed that this will fix the issues I was having.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz