11-11-2017 06:15 AM
83 1234
tools
    Right now I have a 1520 on 8.1 and a 950 on 10. The 1520 is my main driver and here's why. The smoothness of 8, the FB integration, and battery life. I really like where 10 has come to, but the missing FB integration is important to me for keeping a eye out on my kids doings without having to go into the app. Whenever they do something their individual tile flips with the update and it allows me to interact with them even when we are apart...also notice changes in behaviour and things. Originally there was the option of the MS version of the FB app which would solve my problem, but now there is only the FB version and it's a large feature missing mess. The battery life on the 1520 is life, but the battery life on the 950 since build 14393 is horrid. 3 hrs with normal use...reminds me of the days of the iPhone 4s. Recently I saw in a forum that the battery may need to be the problem and may need to be changed...which is odd for such a newish phone, but I ordered one and hopefully that will solve the problem. The smoothness issue has been getting better since the last update to the Creators edition, so smoothness is becoming less of an issue, but I can notice when I move between the two phones...but is still smoother than my Android. Where I think that the 950 excels is in all the new features, modern design language, newer and different app options, and updates. But so far nothing enough make me give up the FB integration.
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 11:14 AM
    I upgraded from a 930 to the 950XL... Loved the 930 really but iris scanner, awesome camera, custom mozo back covers and all are worth it... the only thing that was "downgraded" was build quality... not that the 950/950XL are crappy made but the 930 just felt more premium in the hand.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to go back to WP8...
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 02:46 PM
    I moved from an Icon to the 950 about 2 months ago. I was running WM10 via Insider, and preferred it to WM8. Battery life was fine (I have charging pads at home, in my car and at work, so my battery was almost always topped off. However, if I went out and was away from the charger, man, that's when I realized how much the battery sucked. Granted, the phone was 2.5, almost three years old (got it on release day). However, I finally dropped it and shattered the front.

Given the huge windows phone offerings at verizon (/s), I opted to move to AT&T. I looked online and found an unlocked, new in the box, 950. This was not an AT&T branded phone (that's important later), but was cheap, $189. I took it to the local AT&T store and got myself on the Go Plan. Loading up all of the WM10 updates, I have to say it really does run well and fixed a few of my nagging issues with the Icon. The biggest issue I had was BT in my vehicle. Cortana would do her thing, but when She let me know a text arrived and asked me to read it, she never got my first "Read it" command. I would have to wait the 15 seconds for her to ask again, then it worked. Very annoying. The 950 worked properly the first time.

Battery life is a huge improvement. I still have my charging pads everywhere, but when I go away for the weekend or need to work out on a project away from chargers, I am amazed how slowly the battery drains. On those days I can run the phone from 7 am to 9 pm and still have 15% or so left over. My Icon would typically be dead by 4 or 5 pm.

So, the issue with the non-AT&T phone. 3 weeks ago, we lost our internet at the office. One of the switches in the server room failed bigly and we had no connection Wi-Fi or wired. So I decided to use my hot spot. Now, my plan allows for the hotspot, but I could not get the data to work. Called tech support at AT&T and they checked everything, but could never get it to work. After many searches, I finally found the solution, this is common for non-AT&T branded phones. Somewhere in their network, there is a flag set, which blocks non-branded phones on the Go Plan. If I got a standard contractual plan, it would work just fine (at about $50/month more), so not worth it. Other than that, I love the 950 and it makes me really sad that MS is going to let WM die. I don't want to move to the other options.

TL;DR version:

Totally worth it to move to the 950. It really is faster, better battery and WM10 works just fine on it.
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 02:53 PM
    I just upgraded to the 950 XL from the 930 today. Less than it's been 11hrs if I'm honest and I'm loving it. I'm still running the build out of the box 10586, I have seen no bugs yet. I will jump to creators tomorrow.

I last charged at 3pm, it's currently 10:15pm South African time and I have 45% battery left at an estimated 7h 31m remaining

In short, the upgrade is a no brainer for me
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 03:15 PM
    Totally recomend going to 950/xl. I was a happy 930 user fot two years, but moved to 950xl and besides everything is just faster, I "solved" the mic problem in my 930 for video recording and speakerphone calls, instant fast camera snaps (a la iphone) battery goes through all day from 8 until 22 easily, wifi can be kept on all the time (not in my 930 -battery drain and hot back-) Better pictures with low light, and with flash, in 950xl better home screen with 4 rows of tiles, screen colors and resolution is great, specialy on 60fps video QHD playback, which is awesome!, 4G in my country -with 930 no band for LTE here-, USB OTG pendrive lots of usability, Continuum which is great in combo with miracast MS Display adapter and bluetooth mouse, SD card for easy expansion -no chance on 930-, Glance Screen!!!. In general, only complain about slow double tap to wake up comparing to 930. The rest, is a win-win. Even the external metal frame on 930 gave me a lot of headaches after dents and paint clearing, plastic gave me much better durability. I sugest you to go for the 950xl instead of 950, size is not a problem on your pocket, but screen an performance, especially on continuum is quite notable. Hope it helps!
    user-774 and SirDubbleB like this.
    06-06-2017 03:27 PM
    Originally posted by STXVI
    Right now I have a 1520 on 8.1 and a 950 on 10. The 1520 is my main driver and here's why. The smoothness of 8, the FB integration, and battery life. I really like where 10 has come to, but the missing FB integration is important to me for keeping a eye out on my kids doings without having to go into the app. Whenever they do something their individual tile flips with the update and it allows me to interact with them even when we are apart...also notice changes in behaviour and things. Originally there was the option of the MS version of the FB app which would solve my problem, but now there is only the FB version and it's a large feature missing mess...
    The social app integration was EXCEPTIONAL in these days. But I guess Facebook has no interest in allowing such an innovative, ad-free use experience 😪
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 04:34 PM
    Thanks you guys for your feedbacks, they're really helpful!! But what about the battery drain? heat issues and wifi connectivity? Do these problems persist even after installing the latest creators update?
    I've had my L950 since Q3(?) last year and its been great. I've found that I generally get two days use from a full charge (down to 20%), sometimes even three days if I'm lucky. However, I'm not a heavy user of my phone so YMMV. The back of the phone can get quite warm when using a Qi wireless charger but I've never noticed this to have any effect on the phone's stability. No issues with WiFi connectivity.
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 05:34 PM
    Hello guys,
    A couple of days ago, my 3-year-old Lumia 930's screen was shattered. Now I'm thinking of buying a new phone, but I can't decide between the Lumia 930 itself and a new Lumia 950. I had a Lumia 950 for a couple of hours, I installed the creators update. The UI is beautiful but the UX wasn't the best. The OS is laggy, my Lumia 930 running Windows 8.1 (denim update) is snappier. Is it a problem with the device I tested or every Lumia 950 has this lack of snappiness ??? Can you share your experiences with your Lumia 950? Are you satisfied? Or should I just stick with the Lumia 930 ?
    Thanks in advance.
    I upgraded from L930 to Hp elite x3... I'm very happy about the change. I used 930 for some 3 yrs. X3 is better than 930 by all means except the camera. It is better than 950 also... Quick charging, better battery backup(1.5 days), slim, elite design, premium feel to hold the phone,stylish and 4gb ram with continum. I would recommend you to buy a hp elite x3.
    Last edited by Abishek Robinson; 06-06-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: updated
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 05:55 PM
    I'll be selling my Lumia 950XL after the weekend (In Australia)
    I'm sick of using a Windows phone and an Android (for the apps) so I'm going to a Galaxy S8+ that's at home and ready to configure
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 07:22 PM
    I just upgraded from a L920 to a L950, picked up a brand new one quite cheaply.

After 4 and a half years of the L920, I can still say that's the best phone I've ever had!

Long post of opinion ahead...

I can't say what it was like with W10M previously, because I've jumped straight into the creators update, which from what I hear, has resolved most of the usability issues. For the most part, it's fine. I'm having some issues with SMS being transferred over, it has large gaps, but not really end of the world.

Now, on the whole, W10M/L950 do certain things a lot better, but there's also a few gripes. Chiefly, battery life is worse than my L920, and that's a big concern. The L920 has a 2000mAh battery, the L950 a 3000mAh one. That's 50% bigger for the L950, and it's still worse... I may revisit this as I sort of get into regular use, so it may still have to stabilise a little.

Also, the feel just isn't anywhere near as premium as the L920. The larger screen is nice, but also just that little bit too large such that single handed operation is no longer easy. I also have an issue, my wireless charging car cradle doesn't appear to line up right, and doesn't charge up the phone properly.

Web browser is much improved, and considering the absence of many apps, this is important. It was getting quite annoying on the L920, as it was slow, pages didn't load or work properly and if there were ads, it would generally struggle with it. Not noticing this on the L950. Lack of an ad blocker is a bad thing though.

In general, UI smoothness is worse. WP8.1 on the L920 was buttery smooth, it isn't the case on the L950. UI changes are annoying at times, because they haven't completely followed through. The hamburger menu is often used in the top left, and that's the worst possible place to access with one hand, when right handed. The old WP8 style with all that stuff accessible at the bottom right '...' was far far better.

Keyboards are slightly improved, which is good. It's annoying to get used to a keyboard and then have to change. Fortunately they didn't tinker too much with something that isn't broken. You can now long press the top row to get numbers, but you can't see what the numbers are. They should fix that.

Social media integration is worse. What once was a brilliant feature, is now for all intents and purposes gone. You can still link some profiles together, but on the whole, nothing is integrated anymore. The only reason to link the FB profile in your phone book is to get their picture in it. Otherwise, the people app is barren, as facebook doesn't provide any info to it. On WP8 I used it as a way of narrowing down people I'm closer with, through the filters. I suspect FB wants you to go into the app instead. Meanwhile, other social media platforms have no integration whatsoever, and I really doubt that will change.

Camera, obviously much better, with the app also much better. Panorama is integrated, and nice to use, previously it was incredibly slow, and crappy. Overall, the camera isn't as fast as many android phones now, but not so slow that if you want to take a quick snap, that you'll miss it. It mightn't be the best camera around, but you'll always have a good usable shot. I'm no photographer, but I can tell that it takes good photos. With that said, I still thought my L920 took decent photos, as long as you didn't need to zoom in on them. With 20MP, it's not so much a problem anymore.

At the heart of it, I think the big problem is, W10M doesn't really offer anything really great that couldn't have been done to WP8.1 and looking back with hindsight, it was really counterproductive, if not just a botched delivery. I presume the buggy and unfinished state in which it was released, the abandoning of the older phones, when MS said they wouldn't, has all more or less shown that MS completely stuffed up and trashed it in the process.

The rumour mill now suggests that the W10M era hasn't got long left with a reboot of sorts on its way. I personally hope they don't just abandon the windows mobile, I think it will still have its place. Battery life is something I tend to want as much as possible of, and the 1 day standard is kind of poor when for most that one day means 18 hours tops. I can only envisage that the windows on arm phones are going to be large, and probably have poor battery life in comparison, hence why I think there's still a place for windows mobile/phone as it is. With this said, it may mean jumping on the L950 bandwagon now, consider that it may become obsolete this year.

The other point I'd like to make is, considering that I was using a L920 up until recently, a phone almost 5 years old, and only changed because the facebook messenger app got retired, really shows how stagnant mobile phone development has become. You can just see that across the board, nothing much is improving; innovation barely exists, and change is being forced through software obsolescence. Again, if the L950 is retired this year, it will be only because of software, nothing else.
    Last edited by sd4f; 06-06-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    Blackadder_100 and SirDubbleB like this.
    06-06-2017 08:46 PM
    And we all share the same fate and history of Lumia 920/930.
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 09:10 PM
    at the moment I guess you shouldn't. MS has just ended support for Skype on W10M. You never know what else may follow
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 10:01 PM
    Absolutely upgrade. I came from the Icon (pretty much the same as the 930) to the 950xl. Totally worth it.
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-06-2017 10:12 PM
    at the moment I guess you shouldn't. MS has just ended support for Skype on W10M. You never know what else may follow

That's wrong. It has ended support for w8 not 10
    libra89, SirDubbleB and Mach_E like this.
    06-06-2017 11:32 PM
    Hello guys,
    A couple of days ago, my 3-year-old Lumia 930's screen was shattered. Now I'm thinking of buying a new phone, but I can't decide between the Lumia 930 itself and a new Lumia 950. I had a Lumia 950 for a couple of hours, I installed the creators update. The UI is beautiful but the UX wasn't the best. The OS is laggy, my Lumia 930 running Windows 8.1 (denim update) is snappier. Is it a problem with the device I tested or every Lumia 950 has this lack of snappiness ??? Can you share your experiences with your Lumia 950? Are you satisfied? Or should I just stick with the Lumia 930 ?
    Thanks in advance.
    950 is just about 2 years old already. You might as well wait for the new iphone
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-07-2017 06:52 AM
    I have a 950 running the latest OS update, and it has only once overheated in all the time I have owned it. That was when using it for satnav in a very hot car on a sunny day. After it was switched off for a minute, and the car was ventilated, the phone worked fine for the rest of the journey.
    I have never had any problems with wifi, and the battery lasts about 12 hours, which I am happy with. Of course the fast usb C and wireless charging are very convenient.
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-07-2017 08:58 AM
    950 is just about 2 years old already. You might as well wait for the new iphone
    It's impossible to buy an iphone with a budget of $350. The Lumia 950 is excellent value for money now.
    libra89 and SirDubbleB like this.
    06-07-2017 09:01 AM
    No. It's really simple for me. Forget the 930 feels premium all the way to the slight contours o the screen to the sturdy back colour plastic and the 950 feels very cheap but I have had my lumia 930 3 years now and I have it to my mother 1 year ago. Why would you consider a microsoft device if they are only officially Gina support it for 3 years. Personally I think this is a serious issue and one that's been trending with microsoft over the years. Windows 7 users left in cold when it got rebooted. 8.1 users some got let out in cold too and now they've done it to lumia 930 with windows 10 on it. Microsoft is out of order here.

But the app situation is alot worst than it was I 2015 and when both ebay and PayPal left I did too. Got s7 edge love it. Miss windows is but no phone out there and a lack of the apps I need along with microsoft own ignorence (gestures beta) that was all I could take.
    Last edited by jason hendry1; 06-07-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added info
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-07-2017 09:14 AM
    Windows 7 users left in cold when it got rebooted. 8.1 users some got let out in cold too and now they've done it to lumia 930 with windows 10 on it. Microsoft is out of order here.

But the app situation is alot worst than it was I 2015 and when both ebay and PayPal left I did too. Got s7 edge love it. Miss windows is but no phone out there and a lack of the apps I need along with microsoft own ignorence (gestures beta) that was all I could take.
    Yea the lack of support of support and reboots are what I think have really hurt the platform. Also, MS taking over Nokia was the beginning of things going really bad. It took until 2016 to see the effects though, when apps were getting pulled everywhere.

It's at a stage now, where I just think that the dire lack of third party support means that they just won't be able to get any traction. Anything that they release will just be plagued with lack of support and will probably mean the mainstream won't adopt it, and eventually the features will be incorporated into android or iOS.
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-07-2017 08:03 PM
    I needed a second back up phone (to my main use iPhone 6s+), so I managed to find a deal, getting a not much used Lumia 950 dual sim, display dock, a Mozo Case and two cables.

For reference, I also own a Windows gaming desktop, a Sony Xperia Z4 tablet, and an older Lumia 1020 on 8.1.

And after playing with the 950 for a day, I hate it. I knew the app situation was dire (no Spotify, no eBay) but even the browser, Edge and Microsoft Maps are a stuttery laggy mess.
    Unlike my old Lumia 1020, you can't even pin particular Word documents to the Start screen, and that also has a Spotify app, that still works!

I got it cheap, for $185, but I'm flipping it again, at a bargain price, to get this thing off my hands.
    How can Windows Phone 8.1 be so good and W10 Mobile be such a giant step back? Just smh.
    Yes, it's running the official latest update from May, Creators, as the browser has an ebooks option. The OS is so bad, it actually brought to mind the first generation of Android devices almost a decade ago, and how not great the experience was back then.
    Last edited by Johnny Tremaine; 06-08-2017 at 07:32 AM.
    SirDubbleB likes this.
    06-08-2017 07:21 AM
    Hello guys,
    Thank you so much for your different and detailed feedbacks, I now got a full picture of what's like to use Windows 10 Mobile, either on a Lumia 950 or its older brother the L950 XL. I can add my own experience as well, since I've got a Lumia 950 for a whole day.. Oh boy, what a hot mess !!!! Where to start ??
    I felt it was going to be a disaster from the moment I set up my account settings, the WIFI wouldn't connect properly even if my password was correct. I had to restart it 3 times before getting it to work. When I succeeded.. The phone couldn't restore my settings from my Lumia 930.. What a way to start. I went with the default apps to speed the process, run some updates, got the creators on point. I opened the store, took forever to load.. installed the tubecast APP, just to check the connectivity on this hot potato, turned out it couldn't playback FullHD videos.. My L820 does LOL !!! Nothing is smooth on the OS, I get 'Loading' even when I'm on the phone settings, COME ON !!!! The store lacks a lot of apps, it's a big stepback from its state on WP 8.1.. About the premium feel, it's a light phone with a midrange design language.. Nothing compares the Lumia 930's metallic chassis. I returned it the next morning and called for a brand new Lumia 930 (White)... At least, I knew what I was going into.
    To sum things up, the few things I liked are: The UI of W10M, looks more esthetic than WP8.1, Windows Hello and the low light camera performance, even though there was kinda of a yellow tint on my night shots. The things I didn't like: A device with 3gb or RAM, and hexacore snapdragon CPU wouldn't be running this slow and sluggish, with a lot of buffering.. My L820 (Denim Update) is snappier, the lack of premium feel, the device gets hot even on standby, wifi connectivity problems, app gap on the store and of course battery drain, it went from 100 to 10% in less than 4hours..
    Bottom line: I wouldn't recommend a Lumia 950 to anyone not even my cat (if I had one LOL).
    About other current options, I would definitly try a Lumia 950XL or a HTP elite X3 but the screen size is too big for me, a perfect fit for me would be a 5inch screen with the HP's specs and the L950XL camera, it would be a great form factor packing a lot of power under the hood.. But let's hope for a better specs sheet for the Surface phone, if there is one HAHA.
    As for now, I'm a happy Lumia 930 owner again, I restored all my settings: apps, preferences, screen layout.. Whatsapp conversations and every other content. It felt like my broken phone has risen from the ashes. The UX is what I like the most about it, very snappy, the camera performance with the living images which are much easier to find than in W10M and the screen is so vivid, the contrast ratio is flawless, a FullHD screen with a high pixel density 441ppi, it looks sharper compared the L950 I tried... The UI is also beautiful and very pure and the use of space is just incredible.. Everything a WP fan would hope for..
    My final thoughts for my future purchase; I would definitely wait for MS's new hardware and let's hope for the best, but if it's another disappointement I'm leaving the platform for good, maybe pickup a Nokia 8 or 9 running Android.. The future will tell!
    06-09-2017 01:01 PM
    Oh damn, you must got a faulty one, or dunno. In everything you described it, i haven't experience things like that on my Lumia 950. It runs perfectly.
    But to not confuse you, let me tell you my experience compared to yours.

- Set Up The Account
    Well, I did set up my account right away, in a few seconds (well, ok it was a minute or two), no problem whatsoever. My contacts start to sync the moment I got it connected on my wi-fi.

- Connectivity
    I connect it on my wi-fi network and on my mobile internet in the first attempt. 1-2 seconds and bam, you're connected.

- Restoring Settings
    Settings on WP8.1 and W10Mobile are totally different. It's a different OS, dunno how you expected to be restored from WP8.1 to W10Mobile?

- Store Opening
    If at that time your apps were updating in the background, of course the store will take a time to load. Otherwise it opens in a second, at least on my Lumia 950 opens in a second, unless there is some problem on the Microsoft side.

- Not Playing 1080p Videos
    Have you tried other 3rd party Youtube clients? When i was on WP8.1 I use to use Tubecast, cuz it had design that i liked, but somehow it didn't work that well on W10Mobile as it worked on WP8.1. Then i download MyTube, oh boy, what a difference. It can play everything, try it.

Technically apps created for WP8.1 can work on Windows 10 Mobile but they won't work that nice as they work on WP8.1 mainly if they are created in Silverlight and not on UWP. Silverlight apps tend to have that Loading thing. UWP apps created especially for W10Mobile works perfectly on my phone, no loading, nothing.

- OS Running
    Yeah, there are some hiccups here and there with the new OS, but those are minor, more than 95% of the OS works as it should be. 3GB of RAM is not a measure for sluggish performance of the OS. There are Android phones with 4 and more GB of RAM and you can still see sluggish work of the OS.

- OS Update
    You said even after upgrade it to Creators update, the OS still works bad. Have you tried to hard (factory) reset the device after that? I did mine, and it works like a champ. A friend of mine did update his Lumia 640XL to Creators update and the OS was working very bad. Once we hard reset it, now it works flawlessly.

- The Phone Design
    Well, it's not the prettiest, but you have lots of cases to change that. It doesn't look premium like 930, but I personally don't give a damn how the phone works. It's not my show-off item, it's my productivity tool. If it works for me, i don't care how it looks.

- The Screen
    A 1080p AMOLED screen with a pixel density of 441ppi can't look or be sharper than more advanced AMOLED panel with 2K display and pixel density of 564ppi, let's not exaggerate here.

Bottom line, dunno if you got new Lumia 950 or second hand or refurbished, but something is wrong with that device (hardware wise). I have my Lumia 950 since November 2016, and i love every bit of it, It works like a champion, the way i like it. I read so many people have various problems with their Lumias 950/950XL, but will you believe me if i told you that on my Lumia 950 I haven't occur any of those problems? Dunno, maybe i just got lucky and got a perfectly manufactured one, lol.
    Look bro, I am not opposing your opinion, obviously you made your mind. But to be honest, a day or two with a new device is not enough to judge the performance od the one. I am just stating here my points of view about this device. Is by far the best device i ever held (yes i got an iPhone and high end Androids too), but this one works best for me.

Hope you won't understand me wrong :)
    Cheers
    mark233, Drael646464 and Mach_E like this.
    06-09-2017 05:00 PM
    No, they ended messaging via skype (using skype instead of messenger), skype is all good on win10m. UWP is not going away, its the future of the whole windows platform.
    06-10-2017 01:49 AM
    Oh damn, you must got a faulty one, or dunno. In everything you described it, i haven't experience things like that on my Lumia 950. It runs perfectly.
    But to not confuse you, let me tell you my experience compared to yours.

- Set Up The Account
    Well, I did set up my account right away, in a few seconds (well, ok it was a minute or two), no problem whatsoever. My contacts start to sync the moment I got it connected on my wi-fi.

- Connectivity
    I connect it on my wi-fi network and on my mobile internet in the first attempt. 1-2 seconds and bam, you're connected.

- Restoring Settings
    Settings on WP8.1 and W10Mobile are totally different. It's a different OS, dunno how you expected to be restored from WP8.1 to W10Mobile?

- Store Opening
    If at that time your apps were updating in the background, of course the store will take a time to load. Otherwise it opens in a second, at least on my Lumia 950 opens in a second, unless there is some problem on the Microsoft side.

- Not Playing 1080p Videos
    Have you tried other 3rd party Youtube clients? When i was on WP8.1 I use to use Tubecast, cuz it had design that i liked, but somehow it didn't work that well on W10Mobile as it worked on WP8.1. Then i download MyTube, oh boy, what a difference. It can play everything, try it.

Technically apps created for WP8.1 can work on Windows 10 Mobile but they won't work that nice as they work on WP8.1 mainly if they are created in Silverlight and not on UWP. Silverlight apps tend to have that Loading thing. UWP apps created especially for W10Mobile works perfectly on my phone, no loading, nothing.

- OS Running
    Yeah, there are some hiccups here and there with the new OS, but those are minor, more than 95% of the OS works as it should be. 3GB of RAM is not a measure for sluggish performance of the OS. There are Android phones with 4 and more GB of RAM and you can still see sluggish work of the OS.

- OS Update
    You said even after upgrade it to Creators update, the OS still works bad. Have you tried to hard (factory) reset the device after that? I did mine, and it works like a champ. A friend of mine did update his Lumia 640XL to Creators update and the OS was working very bad. Once we hard reset it, now it works flawlessly.

- The Phone Design
    Well, it's not the prettiest, but you have lots of cases to change that. It doesn't look premium like 930, but I personally don't give a damn how the phone works. It's not my show-off item, it's my productivity tool. If it works for me, i don't care how it looks.

- The Screen
    A 1080p AMOLED screen with a pixel density of 441ppi can't look or be sharper than more advanced AMOLED panel with 2K display and pixel density of 564ppi, let's not exaggerate here.

Bottom line, dunno if you got new Lumia 950 or second hand or refurbished, but something is wrong with that device (hardware wise). I have my Lumia 950 since November 2016, and i love every bit of it, It works like a champion, the way i like it. I read so many people have various problems with their Lumias 950/950XL, but will you believe me if i told you that on my Lumia 950 I haven't occur any of those problems? Dunno, maybe i just got lucky and got a perfectly manufactured one, lol.
    Look bro, I am not opposing your opinion, obviously you made your mind. But to be honest, a day or two with a new device is not enough to judge the performance od the one. I am just stating here my points of view about this device. Is by far the best device i ever held (yes i got an iPhone and high end Androids too), but this one works best for me.

Hope you won't understand me wrong :)
    Cheers
    Mine's refurbished and didn't have any of those issues once fully updated. It did run a bit sluggish on the factory build and some issues. but not at all now, its snappy. Beautiful, fluid and enjoyable phone experience for sure on current insiders preview with features you can only currently get on windows phone, like inline text replies, voice messaging, live tiles, PC interopability etc.

If that was my phone, because it sounds like it has software issues, I'd factory re-set, fully update to insiders preview current AND then set up apps etc...Because the software sounds like its nerfed.

It actually sounds like a factory build/non-updated phone based on all the battery issues and loading/connectivity problems. Despite him saying he creators updated it, it really sounds like it wasn't. Definitely nerfed software somehow!
    Last edited by Drael646464; 06-10-2017 at 02:43 AM.
    06-10-2017 01:54 AM
    I got a 950 and it had a lot of issues. Random reboots, screen would freeze during calls and I couldn't end them, calls would drop, I'd never get notifications, it was hot..a lot. I really liked it otherwise and it was a great size. I dropped it a week later though and shattered the screen. I replaced it with an iPhone 7 Plus but a few months later I got the itch for a Windows phone again so picked up a good as new 950xl and it's been flawless (mostly) with a few dodgy Insider Builds along the way but that's expected. I'm glad I tried again as it shows that there are good eggs and bad eggs with the 95x phones and not all good or bad. From what I can gather from this site is that a lot of the issues stem from bad batteries? So easy enough to at least try a self fix or the dreaded "hard reset".
    The only way I can describe my 950xl to anyone is that I can't live with it and can't live without it. When it's my daily driver, things about it really bug me and get me looking for another Android or iPhone but when I do get one of those and relegate the Lumia to my work phone I make excuses to use it again and pick it up more and more til I sell on the iPhone or Android and begin the cycle again. It's a strange relationship...and an expensive one
    06-10-2017 02:29 AM
83 1234