My messaging stopped working yesterday. I'm not getting notifications of new texts and when I open messaging, it sends me to the store. Almost like my phone cant find the right app.

Oddly, I can still send txts using Cortana.

I've reset, pulled the battery out, double checked my notification settings, made sure messaging was my default and not skype. Out of ideas besides a hard reset.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    06-04-2017 05:35 PM
    My messaging stopped working yesterday. I'm not getting notifications of new texts and when I open messaging, it sends me to the store. Almost like my phone cant find the right app.

Oddly, I can still send txts using Cortana.

I've reset, pulled the battery out, double checked my notification settings, made sure messaging was my default and not skype. Out of ideas besides a hard reset.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Check to see if your SMS center number is correct (confirm your cellular service provider): Messaging Settings>Change more settings for Messaging>SIM1

Also, ask your cellular service provider if they are doing any network upgrades in your area. I have T-Mobile and several months ago they were upgrading the tower that covered my neighborhood and messaging/calls would not work correctly unless I manually switched my L950XL to connect to 2G.
    06-04-2017 05:57 PM
    Gave that a shot DrChucky. Everything was in order. Not working.

Any other ideas?
    06-05-2017 12:31 AM
    Nothing worked. Ended up using nuking it and starting fresh. Works fine now.
    06-07-2017 01:32 AM