Issue syncing favourites from Edge to PC

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
As per the title, I attempted to sync my Edge favourites, the idea being to copy them from my 950 to a spare tablet (with the intention of being able to convert them to IE).

For edge, I have not previously used sync at all. I've used favourite sync on IE with WP8.1 on my 830 and W8.1 - wasn't pretty but it copied favourites both ways and also imported favourites from my 630 and Blu Win Jr without deleting anything.

The 950 is on Creators, tablet is on anniversary.

Most of the favourites on the phone have been removed, with them not appearing on the tablet.

I'm concerned that 1000+ favourites have been lost.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I had few weeks ago Syncing issues with Edge after a clean installation, what I did is turn off and then on the syncing switcher in settings, worked after the third time. ++ 2 days of patience

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
...having left everything for a few days, about 25 favourites were left on my phone. Those have synced to my tablet correctly - but I'm missing at least 1,000 favourites that have simply vanished. Is there any way to recover them or can I assume that they were deleted and are permanently lost?

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
If they're not showing on any of your devices, then I'm afraid you've lost them :( (try IE11 you might them there!)

Have you imported these from another browser? Check there you might find some!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos