950 Shutting Off Unexpectedly

etnguyen03

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday, my 950 shut off at 36% battery as it would if its battery was drained. However, when I do a battery stress test, it dies at approximately 10%. Does anyone have this same problem? Should I replace the battery with a new one?

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't have that issue, but I would get a replacement battery. Shutting off at 10% is normal, but 36% is a red flag.

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Would love some advice on where to get legitimate replacement batteries. I see some that are made in Vietnam like the original, others are made in China.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend had this issue in the past, Microsoft sent a replacement battery. Now, 5 months later, the issue has returned. Using camera flash or any resource intensive usage kills the phone. It restarts with significantly less battery. At this point, I’ve jumped ship years ago and I have a feeling I’m going to have no option but to bring her with me. I’ll check that website out.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I do get some random reboots once a month and I suspect it's not the battery but the SD card that's causing those reboots since every time such reboot occurs it says that the SD card needs scanning.

Stephen Pedersen1

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I was getting random shut offs too. Sometimes, after it had been on the charger all night, I would take it off and it didn't charge at all. It turned out all I needed was a new $20 battery off amazon. That's the beauty about the Lumia 950. Unlike so many high end phones, you can take the back off and replace the batter yourself! I know the platform is all but dead, but I'm keeping this phone for a very long time.

I briefly contemplated getting an iPhone 7 but the batter power is only 1950 while the lumia 950 batter is 3000! It's over 1/3 more the power! My friends with iPhones have to charge their phones all the time while they work or have a special case that can hold more charge. It's ridiculous.

Too bad Microsoft killed it's own mobile platform by not coming out with other phones ever again. They gave it one go and then called it quits. Pathetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte