Iris scanner burns my leg while in pocket

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
First, if this has been discussed in another thread I'm sorry to add another thread, but a search didn't turn up anything.

To explain a little further - I notice that my phone can turn on while in my pocket, even though I would have thought the proximity sensor would keep this from happening (and the proximity sensor does function - if I place against my face while in call the screen goes blank as expected). So, I lock my phone, the screen goes to glance screen, and I put it in my pocket. However, it does unlock somewhat frequently because when I take the phone out after some time it requires me typing in the A1B2C3 code, as I assume it's because, while in my pocket, the wrong sequence of characters have been input too many times. This issue I've seen discussed quite a few times here on the message boards.

However, I often also notice heat, a concentrated point of heat, on my leg when this happens. Today when this occurred I immediately pulled the phone out of my pocket. The screen asking me to enter A1B2C3 was present, and curiously the red light at the top left of the phone was on. While in my pocket the heat is slightly uncomfortable and after a time it is difficult to ignore.

This isn't battery heat and I'm now convinced it's something to do with the iris scanning system. Has anyone else experience this?

Apologies for the long winded post!

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
It's not the iris scanner, I can tell you that much.

I think I know what's happening. The contact your screen is making with your leg through your pants' pocket is unintentionally activating the double-tap-to-wake feature of your phone. Once your phone's screen is turned on the movement of your leg against the phone's screen is "typing" in pin codes until your phone is consequently locked. A side effect of this is that Windows Hello is being activated, which is causing the infrared light to turn on. Windows Hello is causing your CPU to heat up and subsequently your battery. That would explain the heat, as the processor in the Lumia 950 is located in the upper corner. I suggest turning off double-tap-to-wake and see if this makes a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre