Hello! I would like to turn off the OIS. Is there any software way for this? I tried to unconnect it hardware (little connector on the camera module) - OIS turns off, but focus control is disabled too. How to disable Optical stabilization only?
    08-20-2017 12:46 PM
    Hello! I would like to turn off the OIS. Is there any software way for this? I tried to unconnect it hardware (little connector on the camera module) - OIS turns off, but focus control is disabled too. How to disable Optical stabilization only?
    I don't think there is a way to do that unless you were able to access the software itself

Might I ask why you wish to disable the OIS?
    08-20-2017 01:18 PM
    Might I ask why you wish to disable the OIS?
    I don't need this and this bothered me. I like do timelapses. When I try to do timelapse with main camera, the final video is shaking (the phone is in a tripod). I think the OIS is constantly calibrating (?) and as a result, every image is different from the frame. Paradoxically, the timelapse made with the front camera looks better.
    08-20-2017 01:45 PM
    I would like to reply but my posts are constantly being removed...

EDIT
    ok now is working. I just like using the new Time-lapse feature in Camera app. But when I mux a time-lapse movie, the screen is shaking, even though the phone is in a tripod. Time-lapse film loses its attractiveness. I think this is due to the Optical image stabilization.

So I just want to disable it. No matter, software or hardware, just tell me how to stop it working.
    Last edited by tomoro02; 08-21-2017 at 03:39 AM.
    08-21-2017 03:27 AM
    I would like to reply but my posts are constantly being removed...

EDIT
    ok now is working. I just like using the new Time-lapse feature in Camera app. But when I mux a time-lapse movie, the screen is shaking, even though the phone is in a tripod. Time-lapse film loses its attractiveness. I think this is due to the Optical image stabilization.

So I just want to disable it. No matter, software or hardware, just tell me how to stop it working.
    I can suggest this: try using another camera app such as proshot camera app which also has an inbuilt timelapse feature
    08-21-2017 07:35 AM
    I agree with the post above this. This sounds more like a processing issue with the default camera application than a hardware issue. Use a different camera app (ProShot is a great choice) and see if your results change.
    08-21-2017 03:35 PM
    I tried this proshot. I bought it. And you know what? It has option to turn off the OIS! :D finally. Thanks for help!
    08-22-2017 03:21 AM
    I tried this proshot. I bought it. And you know what? It has option to turn off the OIS! :D finally. Thanks for help!
    I thought of something else as well, it might not have been OIS - did you make sure to have focus on manula and not automatic? If it had been on auto, the camera would be refocusing every time it takes a photo

Same thing with the other settings, try to keep them on manual - iso, white baalnce, exposure time etc unless there's varying light levels like during a sunset
    08-25-2017 02:30 AM
    I always use manual settings. Turning off the OIS solved my problem.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    08-25-2017 04:22 AM