Will Microsoft ever unlock bootloaders of Lumia 950/XL devices?

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Phone is dead as I read in may of the articles WindowsCentral has posted. :unhappy:

The Lumia 950 and 950XL offer a pretty amazing hardware and with an OS which will be only supported for Bug fixes, I think is doing injustice to the hardware.

Microsoft should unlock or release a way to unlock the Bootloader so that we can install custom ROMs or even maybe Android on the superior device.

What do you think?

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 Phone is dead as I read in may of the articles WindowsCentral has posted. :unhappy:

The Lumia 950 and 950XL offer a pretty amazing hardware and with an OS which will be only supported for Bug fixes, I think is doing injustice to the hardware.

Microsoft should unlock or release a way to unlock the Bootloader so that we can install custom ROMs or even maybe Android on the superior device.

What do you think?
Good point

Sent from (iOK)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no point because the users who would benefit make up a tiny proportion of owners, Android will still take a non-trivial amount of work to get done and may never work properly. (see: Android on the 520)

For people who want Android on a Windows Phone, it makes so much more economical sense to just buy a different phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss