Can't change sync options for email accounts

Ravi Ramgoolam

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

So I have a problem with my Mail app that started occurring recently. In the app, when you tap on Manage Accounts and then tap on the account name, the account settings section would open where you could change the mailbox name,sync settings etc. However as of recently, when I try to tap on any of my Outlook, Live or Hotmail accounts nothing happens, Only on my gmail account would the account settings section open.

Has anyone else experienced this or can provide me with some options to fix this? I have already tired removing the accounts and adding them back, that did not work..

Thank you!

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue and this bug should not be left unattended by MS because I think this is the one linked to my missing contacts in the People app

mkachwee

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I have been having the same issue for the past two days, as I had to change my Exchange365 password. Soft resets didn't work. Finally I tried uninstalling the Outlook Calendar and Mail apps and reinstalling it, and it has finally worked!!!

Hope this helps, let me know what happens!

unrealreality

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, I have been having the same issue for the past two days, as I had to change my Exchange365 password. Soft resets didn't work. Finally I tried uninstalling the Outlook Calendar and Mail apps and reinstalling it, and it has finally worked!!!

Hope this helps, let me know what happens!

I don't normally post often here, but had to give credit where it's due. I just picked up the Alcatel Idol and had this same issue. Uninstall and reinstall fixed it. Thank you!

cristicondor

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, to me, uninstalling and reinstalling the mail and calendar fix it for a couple of hours; after that it jumped back to the way it was before. Did a hard reset, still no joy. I cant access "mail sync settings" . Any thoughts? thank you.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I´ve had this problem since build 15254.12 on my Lumia950xl. Can´t manage account from calenderapp or outlook. Everything syncs fine but just can´t manage account, nothing happens when I click account. Reported it in the feedback hub and it wasn´t fixed after last tuesdays patch, hope the fix it.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Got an update 15254.158 on my Lumia950XL and 14393.2007 on my old lumia still on AU today. This issue is fixed on both phones now 😃

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow after months of this issue. Good for Microsoft for keeping their phones working so thanks I guess.

Too late though, syncing issues was the primary reason I bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x last December.

Don't get me wrong I still love Windows Phone and I miss it a lot but work definitely needs to be done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12