picked up a lumia 950

jherrman84

May 14, 2017
Visit site
Pretty exited to finally pick up a lumia 950 even though I really want a 950 xl I couldn't pass on this $50 deal. Got me a mint lumia 950, brand new un-opened display dock, travel wall charger/batter pack and a couple of chargers and cables all for $50. Turned out the lady used to work for Microsoft and they all had to have Microsoft phones. Now I have to wait for all the updates :cry:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Pretty exited to finally pick up a lumia 950 even though I really want a 950 xl I couldn't pass on this $50 deal. Got me a mint lumia 950, brand new un-opened display dock, travel wall charger/batter pack and a couple of chargers and cables all for $50. Turned out the lady used to work for Microsoft and they all had to have Microsoft phones. Now I have to wait for all the updates :cry:

Congrats! I suggest that you leave it plugged in and let it do its update thing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Where can I find the latest os/firmware for this phone. Also I signed into insider program but nothing ever happens.

There haven't been any firmware released for this phone in months so you are probably up to date. The best and easiest way to check for updates is to go to Settings->Update & security->Windows Update.

Just tap the check for updates button to see if you have any. Thankfully, Microsoft combines firmware and software in the update button so you don't have to go to two separate places for that. Additionally, Microsoft usually releases the monthly update every second Tuesday of the month.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm loving it so far, works really well as my work phone to because we use office 365 here and a lot of cloud stuff.

So far so good for me too, although I haven't gotten on to the network yet, nor moved my SD card over to the new phone. Faster and much crisper display then my 640. Have noticed one oddity that I have to research to see if a problem - I have only 3 apps that are available for notifications!! (Store, Mail, and photos)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa