Bluetooth versions.

samxtor

Jul 2, 2019
Visit site
Hello there, I was wondering if 950 will be compatible to all any bluetooth versions? I'm curious if it will be compatible to my three bluetooth speaker which has different bt version in each, V4.0 for my doss soundbox touch while V4.2 for zoeetree s1 and aomais go, will there be any conflict to it? I'm not a good at this so I'm asking first for opinion and don't want to have any future problem when it comes to connectivity because I might add another bt device on it.

Thank you.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 950 has 4.1 Bluetooth. It is compatible with other Bluetooth 4 devices (regardless of the .1 or .2 etc). It is also backward compatible. Bluetooth 4 and below.

It won't be compatible with Bluetooth 5 and above unless that device allows for backward compatibility. Typically speakers/headphones don't.

Hope that helps.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 950 has 4.1 Bluetooth. It is compatible with other Bluetooth 4 devices (regardless of the .1 or .2 etc). It is also backward compatible. Bluetooth 4 and below.

It won't be compatible with Bluetooth 5 and above unless that device allows for backward compatibility. Typically speakers/headphones don't.

Hope that helps.

I can say that I am regularly using a set of 5.0 GoNovate Airo earbuds with my 950. I've had them for 6-8 months and they paired normally, easily when new, and connect quickly automatically, and work at least as nicely as prior Bluetooth-version earbuds have with the 950. I also have a set of 5.0 Cowin SE7 headphones that I have paired, and show as such on my 950's Bluetooth list, but that I don't use as often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb