Strange? Auto-updated last night...

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes: my 950 was sitting on my desk last evening, and I was very surprised to see the update gears turning on the screen. It re-started as it always has on such auto-updates. I don't remember when it last updated, and I suppose it may do this more regularly than I believe -I just happened to spot this; but I didn't expect to be getting updates at this stage. Only three apps indicate changes on the App listing: the Spotify and Scanner apps read "unavailable", and the Groove app reads "new". But, these could have read as such prior to last night, as I never review the app list. I've uninstalled the first two: had not used Spotify for months, and Scanner ever (or knowingly?). Groove, I still require/care about, and use daily, but I hadn't done anything "new" to it, and I don't notice any change in it this morning. In any event, it's still -satisfactorily/happily- my main phone: did anyone else note an update yesterday or very recently? Any meaning to attach to this, or any recent changes other daily users have noted? Thank you.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
This latest update seems to have fixed some annoying bugs on my lumia 950XL also. Before this update (since about 5 months) my phone froze when closing running apps to the point I was considering a hard reset and setting up everything fresh. After this update I've had no such freezes and the phone is blazing fast again like it used to be. I also find Edge browser is faster and is displaying some webpages better now. They must have changed something with Bluetooth also. Since this update I've had to setup Bluetooth Connections again with some of my devices.

Last edited:

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
This latest update seems to have fixed some annoying bugs on my lumia 950XL also. Before this update (since about 5 months) my phone froze when closing running apps to the point I was considering a hard reset and setting up everything fresh. After this update I've had no such freezes and the phone is blazing fast again like it used to be. I also find Edge browser is faster and is displaying some webpages better now. They must have changed something with Bluetooth also. Since this update I've had to setup Bluetooth Connections again with some of my devices.

Thanks, spicy and fin. Very good: Then it is that I usually don't notice them. The only fault I've experienced or noticed this year has been that my mail tile and glance screen often did/do not update to blank-alert-count after I've viewed my listing. This has definitely improved recently from rarely to usually, though not to its prior faultless operation. Not a big thing, in any event. Otherwise, my only problem has been with gone apps, fortunately not fundamental-for-me ones. Go WP! Cheers :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3