The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-05-2013 09:05 PM
169 12345 ...
tools
    I've done some digging into task managers - Todoist, Remember the Milk, and Toodledo.
    Todoist - best website, but lacking in app support and I can't get the mobile site to load.
    RTM - I don't like the website or mobile site, but it does have apps
    Toodledo - Don't like the webiste but mobile site is good and also appears to have good apps - in particular on WebOS Toodledo Tasks HD (only tasks app optimized for larger TouchPad screen) and on WP To-do Tasks List.
    So, despite its (to me) unfortunate name, I think Toodledo comes out on top if you want to share tasks across TouchPad and Windows Phone.

As for password managers, brief research has not turned up anything compatible with both platforms. I will probably stick with SecuStore on WebOS, I love it and haven't seen anything comparable on Windows Phone yet, but I will keep digging. Maybe put a bug in developers ear to make a WP version, although may be hard transition since it's Java.

So far very happy with WP apps. Looking forward to testing CardStar the next time I go to CVS, and of course all the new Mango features. Another great service available on both WP and WebOS - TripIt (app is called TripThat on WebOS) - wonderful for organizing travel plans.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    08-25-2011 08:37 PM
    I've done some digging into task managers - Todoist, Remember the Milk, and Toodledo.
    Todoist - best website, but lacking in app support and I can't get the mobile site to load.
    RTM - I don't like the website or mobile site, but it does have apps
    Toodledo - Don't like the webiste but mobile site is good and also appears to have good apps - in particular on WebOS Toodledo Tasks HD (only tasks app optimized for larger TouchPad screen) and on WP To-do Tasks List.
    So, despite its (to me) unfortunate name, I think Toodledo comes out on top if you want to share tasks across TouchPad and Windows Phone.

As for password managers, brief research has not turned up anything compatible with both platforms. I will probably stick with SecuStore on WebOS, I love it and haven't seen anything comparable on Windows Phone yet, but I will keep digging. Maybe put a bug in developers ear to make a WP version, although may be hard transition since it's Java.

So far very happy with WP apps. Looking forward to testing CardStar the next time I go to CVS, and of course all the new Mango features. Another great service available on both WP and WebOS - TripIt (app is called TripThat on WebOS) - wonderful for organizing travel plans.
    Toodledo is what I use too. I tried the trial versions of the apps on WP7 that support it, but both refused to work :( There is one that has 4 stars but no trial.

On webOS I use DONE! It's one of the most complete apps I've ever used. There is a beta version that supports full screen on the touchpad (its in Preware). Not sure if he updated the app cat version or not.

If you find a toodeldo app you like on wp7 can you let me know? Thanks!

I can't convince myself to buy Secustore. $15 is just crazy steep, even with my free $50 for apps from HP. It'd be one thing if the desktop app was worth a damn, but its worthless.

Again, if you find a password app on WP7 you like, I'd be interested to hear.
    08-26-2011 08:31 AM
    A couple more questions.
    Beyond the pre-installed apps, which are you finding most useful?
    I use Windows Live Mesh to sync favorites across my PCs - anyone know if this will be expanded to Windows Phone?
    HTC Flashlight...uses the LED for a flaslight. I do miss Jason's flashlight app that worked from the system pull down menu, but I just put the flashlight on the bottom right of my home page so its easy to find.

Check out the varied Marketplace apps. Some interesting ways of finding new apps (Marketplace Search, WP7Applist, and It hink there is a new one on the newsfeed just today)

I am using Wonderreader Free for RSS right now.

Wife and I are loving Spell It. FINALLY get to play scrabble against each other.

Facebook app is pretty decent

So far thats it actually. I am sort of getting a feel for the device still. with my pre I had a whole ritual with opening my various apps and would go through each one in turn to get caught up with me day. I don't really have that even close with the WP7 yet. I think I'll get there though.
    08-26-2011 08:37 AM
    Checking in! Picked up a Trophy and I love it! Did the 7720 RTM update and all I can say is wow! I miss webOS, but I am very happy with WP7. Especially after the Mango update.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express
    09-02-2011 11:46 AM
    I'm in purgatory here: I'm still rocking my launch day pre- (barely) yet I don't want to waste my upgrade on the Arrive with the possible influx of Mango goodness hitting within a month or so. Nor do I want to jump to Verizon since their 14 day return policy isn't enough and I absolutely refuse to go back to ATT or Tmo. In other words, I'm checking this site daily with lust and envy, hoping the pre- makes it another month...I know, cool story. I'll be joining you all pretty damn soon!
    Last edited by selcouth14; 09-02-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Word choice.
    nyquistjack likes this.
    09-02-2011 03:32 PM
    I'm in purgatory here: I'm still rocking my launch day pre- (barely) yet I don't want to waste my upgrade on the Arrive with the possible influx of Mango goodness hitting within a month or so. Nor do I want to jump to Verizon since their 14 day return policy isn't enough and I absolutely refuse to go back to ATT or Tmo. In other words, I'm checking this site daily with lust and envy, hoping the pre- makes it another month...I know, cool story. I'll be joining you all pretty damn soon!
    Cool, the more the merrier!

FYI Sprint always announces new devices at their own special events (not at trade shows). And we usually don't get any leaked info very far in advance. But I'd be very surprised if they don't get a new Mango device in the next few months.
    09-02-2011 03:43 PM
    Well, I just ordered a dell venue pro unlocked (on sale for $269 off contract!) I use an iPhone as my personal phone and the venue pro will replace my pre plus as my work phone. Looking forward to fully investing in windows phone, I tried an HTC surround for a couple weeks earlier in the year and really liked it, though I still preferred webos and didn't switch at the time. Also tried android for a couple of months replacing my iPhone 4 for my personal line and hated it, never again android..... never again.
    09-02-2011 04:49 PM
    I've been trying WP7 for a few days now on a Samsung Focus. I really want to like the OS, but it's just not doing it for me. I don't mind the app pausing, but the wait can be maddening. I also would like to see some more mainstream services on WP7 before I stuff my SIM back into it. The apps might be trivial for some, but I use things like LinkedIn, Spotify and multiple Google calendars on a daily basis. Perhaps Mango will bring extra goodies, but for now it's back to the Veer for me.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    09-02-2011 09:27 PM
    I've been trying WP7 for a few days now on a Samsung Focus. I really want to like the OS, but it's just not doing it for me. I don't mind the app pausing, but the wait can be maddening. I also would like to see some more mainstream services on WP7 before I stuff my SIM back into it. The apps might be trivial for some, but I use things like LinkedIn, Spotify and multiple Google calendars on a daily basis. Perhaps Mango will bring extra goodies, but for now it's back to the Veer for me.

Thankfully Mango has a fast app suspend/resume ability. It's almost instantaneous when you resume a suspended app, even 3D games. Mango also supports background audio streaming for 3rd party apps. Hopefully you will find it to be a nice improvement.
    09-02-2011 10:37 PM

Reminder: Spotify coming to Windows Phone 7 with Mango | WMPoweruser
    09-03-2011 11:19 AM
    Count me in.

Owned the Palm Pre 2 for about 6 weeks. Brilliant OS, but kept freezing everyday, so I sadly had to give-up on it. Was hoping the HP Pre 3 would have all the bugs removed, but because HP have also given-up, I have now become a Windows Winner and looking forward to the release of the HTC Titan which is my next phone.

Such is life.
    09-03-2011 11:27 PM
    webOS refugee waiting to make the switch once I see what Verizon has to offer in the next few months. Thanks for starting this thread. Pre+ on its last legs. Was not interested in the Pre3 because I wanted a webOS slab phone, but not gonna happen anytime soon. Oh well. Thanks for all the good info on this site and look forward to reading up on WP7 and how it will fit my life better than android and iOS. One concern that I haven't found an answer to yet, but I guess I have not looked hard enough, does the calendar sync w/multiple Google accounts like webOs does so easily??
    09-04-2011 12:39 AM
    One concern that I haven't found an answer to yet, but I guess I have not looked hard enough, does the calendar sync w/multiple Google accounts like webOs does so easily??
    Mos def. When you set your email accounts in Settings, you can choose which calendars to show up on your phone, and each account has its own color.
    ceeskaz likes this.
    09-04-2011 12:57 PM
    I just ordered the Trophy. I'm probably in the minority here. I will keep using my Pre+ for the free MHS for use with my TouchPad on camping trips and road trips. When I'm at work, I have to use a BB w/out a camera. And then the Trophy will be my primary phone. 3 frigging phones!! Heck until a free-tethering hack is created, I'll be carring 2 of the 3 phones at some point or another.

I'm a bit nervous about switching to WP7. I really enjoy webOS, and was considering the Pre 2, but with the unstable webOS device future, I was afraid to be locked into a Pre 2. WP7 seems to have a future.

And I use a 32gb Zune HD, so the WP7 naturally flows with that ecosystem.
    09-05-2011 05:14 PM
    I'm in the same boat as many of you. Still have my Pre- and have been due for an upgrade for a long time. I switched from an iPhone to my Pre and have not regretted it one bit! Despite having several hardware malfunctions with my phone (can only do calls on speaker, screen flickers on/off all the time, battery life is non-existent), I've still held on to it. One, because I love WebOS and secondly because I want to make sure I get a good phone.

I was certain I was going to go Android when I upgraded and looked at the upcoming Samsung Galaxy 2 models. I bought my wife an Evo 4G (from a simple media phone) and thought the OS was pretty good. However, after seeing a ton of WP7 stuff, I'm certain to be moving here! To keep my upgrade available (just in case a WP7 miraculously DOES come to Sprint), I'm buying a 3 month old HTC Arrive from a buddy and will get Mango on it ASAP.

I appreciate threads like this since I feel very spoiled to have used WebOS and want to know all the things WP7 phones can do. I know no other will be exactly like it, but it seems WP7 will come very close. At least I still have my Touchpad to calm my fanboyism.
    09-07-2011 03:58 PM
    ^ great to hear! The nice thing about WP7 is that it runs smooth as silk even on those "old" 1st-gen Snapdragons. And, Mango actually runs even faster on the same hardware, and brings some other performance goodies (e.g. fast app switching, way faster web browser, etc).
    09-07-2011 05:01 PM
    I picked up a Trophy last night off of ebay. Waiting anxiously to get it and start trying out WP7! Been on a Pre+ on Verizon for the past year so I'm looking forward to see how things compare to webOS.
    09-08-2011 06:19 PM
    It's starting to look like I am switching back to my Pre - for the short term. I like the Arrive, but the keyboard is just so frustrating that I'd rather have a bigger screen and no keyboard. Hopefully something with a big screen and no keyboard will come to Sprint very soon.

I plan on swapping them this weekend. It will be nice to have webOS back...but I am SO not looking forward to the slowdowns, missed phone calls due to the phone hanging, short battery life and other negatives.
    09-09-2011 12:00 PM
    It's starting to look like I am switching back to my Pre - for the short term. I like the Arrive, but the keyboard is just so frustrating that I'd rather have a bigger screen and no keyboard. Hopefully something with a big screen and no keyboard will come to Sprint very soon.
    The keyboard is frustrating? How can you even say this. The Pre keyboard is among the lowest quality less useful keyboards on the market, in fact, the virtual keyboard on WP7 blows away every keyboard ever available with WebOS O_o
    11B1P likes this.
    09-09-2011 01:16 PM

I plan on swapping them this weekend. It will be nice to have webOS back...but I am SO not looking forward to the slowdowns, missed phone calls due to the phone hanging, short battery life and other negatives.
    Bummer! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the updated Omnia 7 comes to Sprint. I can't say I blame you for returning the Arrive. WP7 really doesnt need a hardware keyboard, and most apps dont support landscape mode anyway.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    nyquistjack likes this.
    09-09-2011 02:14 PM
    The keyboard is frustrating? How can you even say this. The Pre keyboard is among the lowest quality less useful keyboards on the market, in fact, the virtual keyboard on WP7 blows away every keyboard ever available with WebOS O_o
    I actually like the keyboard on the Pre but the quality of the keyboard isn't my gripe. WP7 simply wasn't built with a physical keyboard in mind. So its usage is just not effective. Webos was built around their being a keyboard, making its use more than just fronting (shortcuts, unlocking, very quick access to stuff). I've gone into it in great detail in other posts.

the fact that the WP7 virtual in is so good is why I want to get a wp7 device rethought a physical. Anywho...here's to hoping sprint gets something woo
    09-10-2011 11:17 PM
    I'm looking for a decently priced trophy. My pre+ just isn't cutting it anymore, and I don't want to use my upgrade then have new phones come to Verizon in a couple months. Wp7 looks to be a great replacement for webOS. I always hated the interface, but I actually used it the other day and its great. I'm just glad I tried wp7 before jumping to android. Thankfully, I still have my touchpad to get my webOS fix.
    09-11-2011 12:37 AM
    Ouch, the title of the post hurts a bit. Good to see you folks in here. You might have heard of "Carbon" the twitter client for webOS, we've been actively working on the WP7 version for about Three months now and have released 5 iterations of our alpha version to beta testers.

If you loved Carbon on webOS then do check us out if you have a dev-unlocked phone and can side load apps. To get in the beta program all you gotta' do is email your Twitter handle to saleh[at]dotsandlines.com. We jus' opened 20 new spots.
    nyquistjack and selcouth14 like this.
    09-11-2011 02:00 AM
    Can't wait for this to come out!
    09-11-2011 06:41 PM
    I actually like the keyboard on the Pre but the quality of the keyboard isn't my gripe. WP7 simply wasn't built with a physical keyboard in mind. So its usage is just not effective. Webos was built around their being a keyboard, making its use more than just fronting (shortcuts, unlocking, very quick access to stuff). I've gone into it in great detail in other posts.

the fact that the WP7 virtual in is so good is why I want to get a wp7 device rethought a physical. Anywho...here's to hoping sprint gets something woo
    Oh, I see, I can agree then, even though the Pre keyboard is really bad, it was deeply integrated into the experience, the mere fact that typing on the WP7 home screen has no effect showcases this.
    09-11-2011 08:16 PM
169 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD