Error after merging Facebook with Live/Hotmail

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
As soon as I linked my Hotmail/Live account with my facebook, all my facebook "friends" got linked and their birthdays pulled into my calendar. This wouldn't be an issue, except I had previously add by hand a number of close friends and had their birthdays added. I say this because turning off my birthday calendar is not what I want.

After linking and unlinking a few times (thanks to Windows 8 CP facebook integration requiring it), I now have 3 birthdays per facebook friend in my hotmail calendar :( Two of them give me errors when I click and the third is real. To say the least, this is annoying. I have a help request in on the Windows Live help forum, but it has been hopeless thus far getting an answer.

Is it possible to either select the people that are imported via facebook or delete those "friends" I don't really need on their birthdays from the list? Currently, it won't let me because the information was inputted by facebook.

I am also assuming that I have to have my hotmail and facebook linked so I can use the facebook integration on my phone (it got shipped to me today or will go out tomorrow).

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I had something similar where I had duplicate entries and it would only let me delete one and not the other. I had to delete the whole birthday calendar, then add it back. Then I think after a few minutes it automatically pulled birthday info from Facebook again, but this time there was only one entry per person.

ikissfutebol

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
So there is now way to have facebook linked with my phone without having everyone persons birthday appear? I'm really only interested in maybe having <20 yearly events show up (birthdays/anniversaries).

Thanks for the info though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss