Windows Live Error

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased my Nokia Lumia 900. I'm table to log into my Hotmail account, but nothing's sycing. When I go into the "Hotmail" application, I get an error message saying "Windows Live error. Not updated. You may need to start using your mail, contacts, and calendar on your PC before you can sync this info to your phone. If this issue continues, contact a cupport person or your service provider." I contacted AT&T's Tech Support, and they were no help. Has anyone else had this issue?

LaneStain

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Is this a hotmail account that you have had for a while? Or is it one that you just created new for getting Windows Phone?

If you just created it recently, where did you create it? On the phone during initial setup? Or on a computer using a web browser?

If you created it on the phone during setup, you need to go to www.live.com on a PC, and sign in with the username and password you created. It will take you through some sort of first time login thing to setup email/calendar/contacts. After you have done that the phone should sync correctly.

ItnStln

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is this a hotmail account that you have had for a while? Or is it one that you just created new for getting Windows Phone?

If you just created it recently, where did you create it? On the phone during initial setup? Or on a computer using a web browser?

If you created it on the phone during setup, you need to go to www.live.com on a PC, and sign in with the username and password you created. It will take you through some sort of first time login thing to setup email/calendar/contacts. After you have done that the phone should sync correctly.

It's a hotmail account that I've had for a while. I've tried logging into live.com directly. It didn't ask me to set anything up. I'm guessing that's because I've used the contacts and calendar previously?

LaneStain

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I was just wondering because I had been using a gmail account as my main live account for my HTC Arrive for the last year..... Xbox live worked, however I wasn't expecting any calendar, email, or contacts to come through that account anyway. For some reason there was always an error message saying "attention required" on my main live account in my settings window, but all it would let me do was re-enter my password and do nothing. Since everything seemed to work fine I just forgot about it.

Since I just switched to the Lumia and was essentially starting out fresh with my new device, I was reminded of this issue and decided to investigate... Turns out all I needed to do was actually login to live.com once using my gmail account and that fixed it. It did indeed go through some thing mentioning that it had to setup my email, contacts, calendar stuff. This probably isn't your issue if you have been using this account for a while.

During the last few days of dealing with that google sync issue, I reset my phone to factory defaults probably 2 dozen times testing out various accounts. At one point I was testing out another hotmail account I have as the main account for the phone during initial setup. I remember that when I went into the settings I was having that same sync issue with that hotmail account that you are having, so I just reset the phone again immediately. Later on (several hard resets later) I tried using that hotmail account again as the main live account for the phone and it worked.

TLDR: reset the phone, maybe more than once and see if it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3