Setting up Windows Live on a mac

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a windowsphone forum. But I do have a windows phone and I use outlook 2010 on my windows 8 laptop (made the stupid mistake of installing it over windows 7)

Basically, I want to use the contacts for Windows Live to my mac computer. I have exported it but a lot of things are missing. I wanted to use Outlook 2011 and it only accesses via POP3. So no contacts or calendar. I really use my windows live products to its fullest. I don't feel like changing my email once again. I have thought about going back to an iphone but after having a windowsphone since October of 2010, (HD7 with tmobile, and now a lumia 900 with at&T) I don't really think I want to look back. WindowsPhone in my opinion is much superior to the iphone in terms of what I use it for. Windows Live works flawlessly on an iphone. Calendar works great, as I can set it up as a Exchange account. This doesn't work with a MAC. Any help would be much appreciated once again :)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
If you want to use your live ID with Outlook 2011, what I did was add a new email account, put in my user name and password, and allowed it to auto setup the account and it works perfect now on my Mac.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes this works for P.O.P. access. Unfortunately this doesn't work with Contacts and calendar. Kind of a bummer when it works perfectly on my Windows 8 PC. (hotmail connector)

GMJeff

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
If setup correctly, hotmail uses the activesync exchange protocol.

You may also have to download the hotmail connector add on app.

Sent using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel